Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Bumps on upper arms
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using DDF Glycolic Body Lotion 12.5% for removing bumps at the back of my upper arms. It does help reduce some of them but never completely rid me of these bumps. It's running out soon and I'm thinking trying a new product. Wink

Anyone has the same problem? Any recommendations? TIA! Razz
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
The one thing that has helped the bumps on my upper arms has been my trusty exfoliating gloves, I use them every morning in the shower then slap on whatever body lotion is at hand afterwards.
I have noticed an imediate improvemnt and it is worth the effort. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I had these bumps my entire life and they drove me Crazy. The best topical I found to help was a glycolic lotion but what actually cleared them up the best was when I started taking EFAs!
Hope this helps!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am using DHC AHA Body Silker. it's been working well for me.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:32 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
The one thing that has helped the bumps on my upper arms has been my trusty exfoliating gloves, I use them every morning in the shower then slap on whatever body lotion is at hand afterwards.
I have noticed an imediate improvemnt and it is worth the effort. Very Happy

I'm using an exfoliating sponge daily and notice it further reduces the bumps.

I don't mind having those bumps in winter but it's now summer and I wear sleeveless all the time and I hate exposing these bumps before people. Sad
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
I had these bumps my entire life and they drove me Crazy. The best topical I found to help was a glycolic lotion but what actually cleared them up the best was when I started taking EFAs!
Hope this helps!

Oh what's EFAs? Rolling Eyes Razz I may look into this as well. Very Happy
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
I am using DHC AHA Body Silker. it's been working well for me.

GREAT! I can get hold of this one locally! Razz Thanks for your suggestion! Very Happy
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
I've tried loads of treatments to get rid of the bumps on my arms. I used MD Formulations body peel pads but didn't really find they helped. The only thing I've tried recently that has really improved my arms is Donell 20% Glycolic Body lotion. Is it safe though to use this strength regulary?
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sel, does Donell 20% clear the bumps completely? The one I use is just 12.5%, should I use a higher % to further remove them? Confused
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I get these bumps occasionally as well. I've been told that it may have something to do with low levels of protein in the blood stream as well as not enough Vitamin B so you may want to try some supplements and/or upping the protein in your diet. Exfoliation is also great at helping to manage the bumps when they appear. I use an exfoliating mitt and sponge daily in the shower with my body wash which really helps at buffing off the rough texture. I also do an occasional salt or sugar scrub all over my body which really helps to really soften everything up.
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
Olyn wrote:
Hope this helps!

Oh what's EFAs? Rolling Eyes Razz I may look into this as well. Very Happy

Ck,

EFAs are Essential Fatty Acids... they are supplements to your diet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, freckles127 is right. EFAs are essential fatty acids and the more I've been taking of them, the better results I have been getting. I started off just taking a multivitamin that had extra efas and then also evening primrose oil. Once I started reading about the balance of omega 3, 6, &9 though I decided to buy one of those bottles where you either swallow a tablespoon of the oil or put it over your food. I put it over my food. My arms are finally about 98% smooth (just being honest..I still have 1 bump on one arm and 2 tiny ones on the other Smile ) But I haven't been using any lotion on them because I was trying to make sure the EFAs where what was responsible.
More info about EFAs and keratosis here:

http://www.causeof.org/efa_d.htm

I hope this helps someone!
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I'm unusual, I have these bumps just on my legs. As long as I can remember. I never knew what they were called or that people got them on other parts of the body. These are the clogged hair folical bumps right, that look like redish brown goose bumbs. They are not raised or bumpy, just more like little dots. I'm hoping exoliation will help. I'm waery about AHA cause it's summer and AHA + Sun = no good. Maybe dry skin brushing would work. I heard there is no cure for them. The testimonial about EFA's helping is promising. Hemp oil naturally has a balanced ratio of all the EFA's.

http://www.nutiva.com/about/press/2002_10_17.php

http://www.vitacost.com/NaturesWayEFAGoldHempOilThcFree

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
freckles127 and Olyn, thanks for your information. Razz
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
The bumps I had on my legs went away when I started dry brushing. I think they may be slightly different from the types I would get on my arms. I think I just needed good exfoliation on my legs, whereas on my arms all the exfoliation in the world was not going to keep those bumps at bay. In fact, I would just land up with irritation. I have not been as consistent about dry brushing my legs lately though, as I usually only got the leg kind in the wintertime (maybe a side effect of dryness? not sure).

I had not realized hemp oil contained 3/6/9 efas...I may try it out after my bottle is finished...it is a lot cheaper than what I'm using! Wink
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad that I asked. I now know what I can look into besides exfoliating products. Thanks all! Very Happy
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Wonder if anyone have tried the new DERMA DOCTOR KP Dermatology (spelling?) Scrub. I have used it for almost a month now with some success. I guess I have to use it for a longer while to know (since the bumps have been with me for so many years I do not expect them to go away in a wink!)

I have a serious case of KP on my upper arms from my teens. It never go away, getting better sometimes and worse at other times. I once tried to tan my arms to make it less obvious - BIG MISTAKE !! The bumps gets very dark in color and since then NO shortsleeves for me Sad . For those of you with less serious cases it may be worthwhile to have a look at their website.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hum, seems like there is a thread floating around already on this topic. But anyway, I've always heard that bumps on the upper arms are due to a lack of Vitamin A (beta carotene). You could take a supplement, or just eat some carrots!!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I've had good results using exfoliating gloves every day in the shower, followed by a body lotion with high AHA content. I like PTR 12% AHA body lotion and MD Forte hand & body cream (20%).
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Using my exfoliating gloves daily (I concentrate on seriously exfoliating the spots where I have bumps) and using a glycolic lotion (Aqua Glycolic for body) have really helped my bumps. I've completely eradicated them on the backs of my thighs (and I just use regular lotion there) and they have both decreased and become softer and less noticeable on my upper arms. I don't know why the upper arms are so stubborn! I will have to look into a good daily EFA supplement and see if that helps to eradicate the arm bumpies.
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have had Keratosis Pilaris since I was a little girl and my brothers have it too. Its supposed to be hereditary and according to 3 dermatologists I have been to you can't get rid of them completly but you can help reduce them with glycolic acid. I use Glycolix Elite 10% cleanser and moisturizer and a 40% urea spray at night. It helps a lot. The only thing that works on me is when I go to the beach and get a good tan they seem to dry up and go away, but they come back in the winter. But of course being in the sun isn't good for your skin either. Whats a girl to do. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:06 am      Reply with quote
CK--Just wanted to update you on this. I am still using DHC's body silkner and a lot of my bumps are definitely gone! i don't apply it every day like i should after my showers cause of laziness though. remember as with an AHA products, remember to wear sunscreen to avoid skin damage in the sun (up to 2 weeks after your last AHA treatment). i get so lazy but i guess i should stop ignoring the skin on my arms Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your update, skincareaddicted! Very Happy But I couldn't find the Body Silker you mentioned at local DHC stores. Maybe they have different products in different countries? Confused

I'm still using DDF almost daily in the evening, but I have to admit that I'm extremely lazy with applying sunscreens. Embarassed
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
CK--your welcome of course! Smile what country are you in? i am in the states, i just order from their US site http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ occasionally, i will see it on ebay, but not often.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Hong Kong and there are several DHC stores here. Yes, I saw it in the US site but I couldn't find it in both Japanese and Hong Kong sites. Confused
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |