Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Lemonade Diet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried it? What did you think?
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard of something called The Master Cleanse which consists of "lemonade" that you make with water, lemon juice and grade b honey. It's not really a diet, it's like a 10 day cleansing fast. I read a journal a woman kept while doing it, and she didn't really lose weight.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is this the journal you read?
http://www.yestheyrefake.net/lemonade_diet_cleanse_journal.htm

You can buy the book by Stanley Burroughs, or you can google it--there's lots of information out there, like at this site:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Beautycare-Venus/2032/english/master_cleanser.html

Also, I just found this pro/cons discussion:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/11176

I was actually thinking of starting it tomorrow! I bought the book ages ago, but never could find a time where I didn't have some social engagement on the horizon that I wasn't willing to forgo the food/drink of.

My best friend just tried it last month and loved it. She didn't really lose weight (she doesn't need to anyway), but she said she felt soooo healthy and had so much energy during and after it. It seems the hardest thing is the monotony and not chewing... she said she really just wanted some fries!

Anyway, there is a very long forum (and lots of archives) on this over at curezone.com, they call it The Master Cleanse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I started the diet last Monday and have lost about six pounds so far. You're right it is a cleanse not really a diet, but I don't know how someone couldn't lose weight on it - you eat nothing but only drink the lemonade, an herbal laxative and salt water.

People have even started to notice how much I've lost already.

I've been corresponding with someone who lost 21 lbs on it. She was able to do the whole 10 days though.

I was surprised the first few days at how I wasn't hungry. Normally, if I eat breakfast around 7:30am, I'm ready to chew my arm off at 11:30 am. But on the cleanse I was OK...until day 4, then I had to eat something. I was weak a couple times but plan to start it again tomorrow.

Taking a laxative EVERY DAY is hard. The key is finding one that doesn't cramp you up too much. The salt water is fairly ghastly.

I do hear that you feel energized and detoxified afterward. I'm looking forward to that but perhaps I'll have to work my way up to the 10 days. That's a bit much for someone who loves food as much as I do!
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Yea, that is the journal I read; it's pretty detailed if you're thinking about doing it. I guess the Master Cleanse is somewhat similar to a colonic? I wanted to try it when I first read about it but I thought my parents would think I was crazy.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
do you eat anything else? or just drink this lemonade water?
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there! Thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Almost everyone I work with has done the master cleanse (some do it regularly) but alas, I also love food too much and become ditzier than normal without it.

But, I get to hear about everyone's experiences! I think it's a good idea to do raw food for awhile before (maybe a week) and move to just fresh veggie juices. Then when you start the cleanse, detox won't be so intense.

It's good for the skin, too.One day I'll take the plunge. Good luck!

bella Very Happy
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
do you eat anything else? or just drink this lemonade water?

It's the lemonade, an herbal laxative tea and a salt water flush. That's it.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
TooInvolved,

How long did you keep it up? I tried it last week and I punked out before the 1st day was over! The saltwater flush was disgusting, it's just too much water. The 1st glass of lemonade was really good, but the second just grossed me out and I didn't want to finish it. I was pretty crabby since I'd only had 200 calories worth all day. I think I need someone to do it with me so I don't quit as soon as I smell KFC....
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
A detox like this is a good way to start an excerise routine and new change in eating habits.

You lose weight...much of it water...but if you go back to your old habits after the diet is done you risk gaining it all back.

I've tried these types of fasting/detox but you can't just do this and expect the weight to stay off. However, I did something like this and changed the way I ate and starting exercize again and the weight has stayed off. My first attempt was the French diet. Worked for awhile but I fell off the bandwagon with portion sizes (it advocates smaller portions after you've detoxed over the weekend, sort of like retraining your body to be full with less food...Americans eat huge portions!)
My second actually was not planned. I had the stomach flu for two days, and it took another 2 to get back on solid food. I used it to my advantage to stop snacking in between meals and eat less at dinner (making lunch my biggest meal).

Anyway...My two cents...or perhaps more like $1.50
Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
TooInvolved,

How long did you keep it up? I tried it last week and I punked out before the 1st day was over! The saltwater flush was disgusting, it's just too much water. The 1st glass of lemonade was really good, but the second just grossed me out and I didn't want to finish it. I was pretty crabby since I'd only had 200 calories worth all day. I think I need someone to do it with me so I don't quit as soon as I smell KFC....

Yeah, I've punked out on Day 1 also. I did it for 4 days at the longest and lost 6 pounds. True, the saltwater flush is disgusting. So I don't do that, and I don't take the laxative every day.

The next time I do it (next week maybe) I'm shooting for five days. The boss will be out of town, which will reduce my stress level and urge to eat.

I've begun taking Dexatrim while doing the detox to reduce cravings. That helps a lot. But I'd rather not take meds in the long term.

As the above poster said, I must change my eating habits. No more eating until discomfort for me!

If you want to be internet diet buddies, let me know. That may not help us much since we aren't face-to-face, but we could try.

Best
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:43 am      Reply with quote
TooInvolved--it sounds like you're losing too much weight too fast. i think the recommended is 1-2 pounds a week for safe weight loss.

plus, if you're hungry, does the lemonade fill you up? your metabolism will slow down since the body will try to fight off starvation and eventually, you gain more weight once you stop the diet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
TooInvolved--it sounds like you're losing too much weight too fast. i think the recommended is 1-2 pounds a week for safe weight loss.

plus, if you're hungry, does the lemonade fill you up? your metabolism will slow down since the body will try to fight off starvation and eventually, you gain more weight once you stop the diet.

Yeah, I know. But more traditional diets weren't working. Strangely enough, on a 1200 calorie a day diet I get hungry but on the Lemonade Diet I'm OK the first couple days at least.

The lemonade doesn't really fill me up, no. You make good pts. I'm just soooo sick of being fat!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
TooInvolved--i know what you mean!

i have been trying to lose weight furiously since march of this year, and after all the exercise and change in food habits, i have only lost about 6 pounds. i find that in the past if i eat less, it is easier to lose weight, but since i am exercising i am building muscle (i never had any muscle tone like ever, even as a kid), weight loss is more slow but perhaps more permanent in a way. i hear about people losing 1-2 pounds a week and i get so jealous, but i think it's because they are attempting to drop a lot, as my weight loss goal was about 15 pounds (9 now). someone who weighs 250 is gonna lose a lot more pounds quickly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like a crock to me. Where are all your vitamins and nutrients? You just give those up for 10 days, or what?

I don't see the point. Why doesn't one just switch to a diet of healthy foods to lose weight, so that they can eat and gaurantee themselves to keep the weight off, instead of fasting for 10 days and gaining it all back if they don't start exercising?

:\
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
i did it for 12 days and lost 14 lbs, the hardest part was reintroducing regular food afterwards...everything I ate gave me gut renching cramps.
that was 5 years ago, I haven't been able to do it again, and yes, I did gain every pound back.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
sounds interesting! since reading the lemon in water thread i have been doing this almost eevry morning.. i am interested in doing this lemonaid diet too. but if you are only drinking lemon water, salt water and laxative at night.... dont you get hungry?! where do you get your energy for the day from?? the only thing holding me back from trying this is wondering where you get the energy you need for the day from....... i already have a problem with low energy levels
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:
It sounds like a crock to me. Where are all your vitamins and nutrients? You just give those up for 10 days, or what?

I don't see the point. Why doesn't one just switch to a diet of healthy foods to lose weight, so that they can eat and gaurantee themselves to keep the weight off, instead of fasting for 10 days and gaining it all back if they don't start exercising?

:\

Supposedly, the lemonade gives you all the nutrients you need. But I don't buy it. I believe you do give them up for 10 days.

However, keep in mind it's a detox diet. It's really meant to rid your body of toxins, clean out your intestines. The weight loss is a side benefit.

You sound like you've never had trouble losing weight. If true, you're fortunate. I mean, the point should be rather easy to see: quick weight loss.

"Switching to a diet of healthy foods to lose weight" wasn't working for me, as mentioned, and I exercise vigorously. Plus, there are no weight loss guarantees.

Best,
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
sounds interesting! since reading the lemon in water thread i have been doing this almost eevry morning.. i am interested in doing this lemonaid diet too. but if you are only drinking lemon water, salt water and laxative at night.... dont you get hungry?! where do you get your energy for the day from?? the only thing holding me back from trying this is wondering where you get the energy you need for the day from....... i already have a problem with low energy levels

Hi,

How is the lemon in water going? Is it for energy?

On the fast, you'd be surprised how little you get hungry on days 1 and 2. Day 3 was hard for me and day 4 was worse. But I've begun taking an appetite supressant to keep me from punking out and that helps a lot.

Try these two sites for further info: http://www.therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm
http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm

They're helpful. I also read somewhere that the first five days were tough on one particular person, but on day 6 she had all kinds on energy! I think it may affect diff. people differently.

I didn't notice a drop in my energy. In fact, I took karate class while fasting.

I rec the diet to anyone for short term weight loss, to drop pounds for an event, etc. But a change in eating habits is required for anything long term.

I'd say try it for a day and if you feel weak or anything, stop. Just take it a day (or even a few hours) at a time.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:

I don't see the point. Why doesn't one just switch to a diet of healthy foods to lose weight, so that they can eat and gaurantee themselves to keep the weight off, instead of fasting for 10 days and gaining it all back if they don't start exercising?:\

It's not a diet. The actual name of the fast is the Master Cleanse. It's a 10 day or longer "detox fast" that cleans out your colon and other organs. You get nutrients and calories from the Grade B syrup you mix into every glass; you actually consume 2000 calories a day if you follow it properly. Some people do this to jumpstart a diet because most people lose weight while on the cleanse, but if you read the blog linked above, the person who wrote it tried it again a few months later with no results because her body didn't have that much waste to flush out the second time around.
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
So this syrup is complete with vitamins A, Bs, C, D, E and has calcium, zinc, magnesium, folate, etc? I have trouble believing you get all your necessary "stuff" from lemonade and a special type of syrup...sorry.

I just finished recovering from a detox diet. It's not simply a matter of "doing it" and I'd advise anyone against doing this type of cleanse because it can really, really ruin you. Gradual, comfortable steps seems a lot more safe and well, trustworthy. Frigging around with your body just out of the blue can be disastrous- good luck to those of you doing this! I know it wouldn't work for me and others like me. I hope you gals are being safe.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
FrevaKZ wrote:
... I'd advise anyone against doing this type of cleanse because it can really, really ruin you.

How can it ruin a person? I'm not clear on that. Thanks.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
well now i kinda know what FrevaKZ was talking about in her last post! Sad yesterday i did a juice detox along with drinking lemon in my water, i did have dinner which was beef with rice and veggies. i drank the juice in the afternoon and felt fine.. but by the time it was dinner time i felt like crap.. i was getting cold chills and cold sweats.. it felt weird when i peed like my pee was too acidic.. it was kind of like a UTI but without the intensity. i thought i would have to goto the doctors to get antibiotics this morning cause it was so bad last night. ive been sipping on hot water with ginger and rock sugar for 24 hrs to keep the symptoms down. well i woke up late around 11am today and the cold chills and sweaets were gone.. but i am still incredibly cold -its sunny outside and barely any wind! and i am nauseous.. but at least it was better than yesterday. i think all this is from the toxins and crap being flushed out --the actual detox.. its brutal! i never imagined it would be so painful/uncomfortable and intense. i told my mom what i did and she said that drinking just the lemon water itself is powerful enough to detox, and that the juice added too much "cooling" to my system (think: chinese medicine re: warm/cool balance) which was why i was getting the chills and stuff. i got the juice recipe from online.. which was 2 apples, 1/2 zuchinni, 1/2 beet. only 1 glass! i didnt think that was much or would do much at all since they are just fruits and veggies.. but man they are seriously powerful stuff! sorry for the long read! but i wanted to share my experience.. if you are planning to do a detox.. be careful and pace yourself, gradually build up and be patient. dont make the same mistake as i did doing too much at once!
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...Dunno...That could've been just the reaction your particular body had. Plus I've heard that the more toxins you have, the worse the detox is for you for a while.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
This is a little off topic but I always drink water with fresh lemon inbetween meals. I think that it is good for hydration and antioxidents haha. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |