Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do I moisturize immediately after my first Juice Beauty
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Green Apple Peel? I'm taking it off in a minute. Thanks!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I use the Green Apple Peel, I would use either the Blemish Serum or a moisturizer afterwards.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I used serum and moisturizer; it just seemed like the right thing to do.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Prepare to be amazed in the morning. Smile
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Really??? I can't tell anything yet, left it on for 12 minutes. We shall see....*fingers crossed*
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
The first time that I used it, I didn't notice a difference either...but the next morning, I noticed that the texture was better. My skin was smoother and my scars were less noticeable. You know your skin is smoother when the makeup looks better. Smile
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently doin the peel now Smile (I love it, I use it 2x a week). I was away for the week, and so I am doing it 2x straight this week to lift dead skin cells off.

I think it would be good to moisturize for dry sensitive skinned people. I heard it's good to follow it up with PSF's ALA Smile

But I follow mine with the Blemish serum Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:29 am      Reply with quote
i wondered about what to apply after a peel off mask too. i don't use juice beauty, but am a fan of peel off mask (kose, dhc, shiseido, laneige). i usually don't apply anything after i peel the mask cause it seems like moisturizer would have a chance to go deep into your empty pores and that never seemed like a good idea to me. i just cleanse my face again and sleep with moisturizer for that night.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:57 am      Reply with quote
Same as Yen, I notice a greater difference the next morning, though the peel I use in PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel. Razz
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I usually do my peel before shower. And after shower I just follow my usual skincare regime. Am I doing the right thing?? Confused
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:29 am      Reply with quote
IMO doing a peel would probably follow the same procedures as doing a mask or exfoliation. I ordered my Apple Peel, waiting for it to arrive but I'd probably use my toner to close my pores afterward and continue my usual skincare regime (serums, moisturizers, etc). I wouldn't wash my face again as washing too much may irritate the skin and for those who are acne-prone, that may cause some breakouts.

HTH
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Well, now it's the day after my first use. My skin is nice, but it usually is. I'm not sure if I can tell a difference, but I certainly have no complaints. I think I'll do it again tomorrow night, maybe apply it a little heavier, and leave it on for 15 minutes. My skin is not sensitive. I would like to see the "middle age spots" as my dermatologist calls them, lighten up, or, better yet, go away. Did my normal makeup routine today, and all is good. I'm wondering if the sample size ordered for $4.75 on a different site is the current product. No expiration, but no instructions on or in the box. I used about a third of it last night.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
I usually do my peel before shower. And after shower I just follow my usual skincare regime. Am I doing the right thing?? Confused

That's what I've been doing too. No problems so far. Smile
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading about this peel so often that I have gone and purchased it myself. I can't wait until it arrives and I can see the results personally. I hope it's as good as everyone says it is.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know others are doing the same thing. Thanks, Yen! Razz
skinlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
First I'll do the peel, after that I use the Dermalogica multi-vitamin masque, after that I use a serum and them my moistuizer. I've heard that after you remove all the dead cells with an exfoliant that it's easier for products to penetrate Confused
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
i think doing a peel off mask is certainly different from exfoliating or doing a regular mask. first of all, you're peeling all this gunk from your pores as well as dead skin, and they are empty pores until they get filled up again. exfoliating removes only dead skin on top usually. it just makes sense that moisturizing afterwards would help to clog them again. all the facials i have ever had, after extractions, they wash the skin then apply moisturizer. when i extract or peel at home, i don't feel like i should reclogging my pores with moisturizer. i don't know about the apple peel, but the peel off masks i use have an irritating effect on the skin if i don't use cleanser again (probably from the main ingredient which allows the mask to bind like glue to my face in the first place).
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
ok, i think i will purchase the apple peel, but i would like to ask whether i need to buy the Dr H clay mask for deep cleansing. Is Dr H mask and apple peel has the same function? I am confused Question
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose apple peel helps exfoliate and remove dead cells on the surface of the skin, while clay mask draws impurities in the pores. Wink
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted, the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel is different from a peel-off mask. You cleanse your face first and then apply the mask. You wait 15 minutes and rinse. This peel resurfaces your skin (removes layers of dead skin cells). You'll notice better texture, clarity and fading of scars. Smile
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I will put on hydreating mask after peel.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |