Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
best stretchmark cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
what is the best stretch mark cream?
I've tried Biotherm, Vichy, Palmers cocoa butter, Vit. E oil.... none worked Sad
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
There isn't really any quick-fix to stretch marks :\ I don't think there's anything out there that will make them go away or hide them..
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
some friends are having good luck with Strivectin-SD.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am on the lookout too. Seems from all my research that it is easier to get rid of pink/red fresh stretchmarks than it is for the white/silver old ones. I think creams don't work for the old ones. BUT.....having said that I just found this website and ordered the e-book ($18 USD)
I have no idea if this will work, but hey, I think it's worth a shot.
http://www.stretchmarkcure.com/

And it's all natural. I figure I have nothing to lose.....except the stretch marks! ha ha. *cries*

5% products discount

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
If the cream can only possiblely work on new stretch marks, I wonder if it's possible to use cream as soon as there is sign of stretch mark, which could be even during the late stage of pregnency. My concern is it may affect the baby inside Shock Does anyone have experience in it? I'm looking at having baby in six months' time but was dead worried about having post-birth effect.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
HappyStar wrote:
If the cream can only possiblely work on new stretch marks, I wonder if it's possible to use cream as soon as there is sign of stretch mark, which could be even during the late stage of pregnency. My concern is it may affect the baby inside Shock Does anyone have experience in it? I'm looking at having baby in six months' time but was dead worried about having post-birth effect.

Which cream are you asking about?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
i used the body shop cocoa butter body butter.. it works alright, it faded the color but those "lines" or dimples are still there.. i dont think anything can get rid of those lines, collagen products maybe? i think any product that is really rich in vitamin e and cocoa butter would work just as long as you keep slathering it on...
HappyStar
5% products discount

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pele,

When I wrote that I was thinking about the new "breakthrough" Strivection-SD Smile
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Garden Botanika has a pumpkin based serum for stretch marks... Not sure how well it works but I have used many products from them and have always found them to be high quality.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
A friend of mine swore by cocoa butter after her pregnancy to smooth out stretch marks...
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I have given birth for more than 1 year. I previously had sever stretchmarks, but then disappear a little bit and fad a little bit without any treatment. I also want to try to minimize them as I want to wear bikini.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I also found this forum - unfortunatley it is 80 pages, I started on about page 74, but these women are hell bent on finding a solution for stretch marks. If anyone can find something - these gals can!!!
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=22228&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
You might also want to try some Organic Rose Hip Oil. It worked for me for both some light stretchmarks as well as facial scars. It takes a while to notice a difference with it but it does give you some great results in the end.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
You might also want to try some Organic Rose Hip Oil. It worked for me for both some light stretchmarks as well as facial scars. It takes a while to notice a difference with it but it does give you some great results in the end.

How long is "awhile"? Actually that is one of the methods the above link people use. Cocoa butter, rose hip oil, some other thing and scrub with a toothbrush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
pele wrote:
How long is "awhile"? Actually that is one of the methods the above link people use. Cocoa butter, rose hip oil, some other thing and scrub with a toothbrush.

Well it all depends on your individual skin. Some people are quick healers in that their skin cells regenerate more quickly while others it takes longer. It also depends on how much skin area you are trying to heal. You should notice some lightening of the marks within a couple of weeks but for the area to be completely healed and the marks to be diminshed may take up to a few months. As for their toothbrush idea that may be just to stimulate and promote circulation for quicker healing as well as for exfoliation. There are never any "miracles" when you are using natural products but they are safe and effective and won't cause further damage. The other great thing is that the oil can be used on a regular basis without harm and this continued use will help prevent future stretch marks
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard good things about Almond Oil.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
In case anyone is thinking of getting Strivectin-SD and they are in the UK, I noticed in Harvey Nichols the other day they have it on 50% off in their sale Shock
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:21 am      Reply with quote
When looking for a stretchmark cream especially if you're looking to prevent them look for products with at least 2 butters and skin loving oils. Mama & baby can be happy & safe then. Smile

There is no valid reason other than $$ for additives other than a preservative.

For repair I had read (and now can't find the thread) here about a product called Elastefirm made by MarDan skin care. Can't comment on the product itself as I haven't used it but I do recall alot of happy users.

5% products discount

Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Talking of skin loving oils, I'm currently using papaya and coconut oil from The Body Shop, but want to try something different next time. Any suggestion Laughing
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Heard that Clarin's total body lift got rave reviews.

Seems good..go try it
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
HappyStar wrote:
Talking of skin loving oils, I'm currently using papaya and coconut oil from The Body Shop, but want to try something different next time. Any suggestion Laughing

You're referring to the dry oil spray?

Some really great oils for your skin are Borage, Watermelon Seed, Rose
Hip, Emu & Marula - just to mention a few Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I wish I knew the answer to this question Sad But I have tried quite a few things & I haven't had much luck. At the moment I'm using vitamin E oil/lotion but it's too soon to notice any significant improvement.
havana8

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Pele! I too just ordered that this morning. It will be interesting to see if it works for both, one or neither of us....
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I just had a baby 2 1/2 weeks ago and with this pregnancy (my third), I finally decided it was time to go natural -- no propolyene glycol, parabens or other bad additives. I started using pure olive oil on my stomach in my 8th month and this time around, I noticed my stretch marks started to lighten even before I had my baby! I was amazed. In fact, I didn't get any bad stetch marks this time around and I gained a little more weight with this pregnancy then I did my other two.

I had never invested in any fancy creams before (other than 100% pure shea butter) because I truly do believe that stretch marks are in your genes. Some women, no matter what, will get them. With each pregnancy, I've had to slather my tummy with lots of heavy, healing balms because I get bad rashes when I'm in my last stage of pregnancy. They are horrible and itchy and cause me lots of grief if I scratch too hard and draw blood (ow!). When I discovered olive oil this time around, it was incredibly soothing, soaked in quickly and helped heal the red patches and marks on my tummy right away. Since I've had my baby, I'm putting on the rose hip oil first, letting it sink in and then applying a layer of olive oil (I recently mixed it with a little macadamia nut oil because now I'm using it all over my body). Granted, not much time has passed (hence my rambling message -- no sleep for me!) but I am starting to see the red patches on my tummy lighten. I am no spring chicken (I'm 36) so I can't put it down to fast skin healing. Alas, my skin does not heal quickly.

I was reluctant to try olive oil because it sounded so greasy to me. I was amazed to find out it sinks in pretty quickly.

No easy answers but wildflower is right: there are no quick solutions with natural products but they can work well with time.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |