Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Diana Yvonne products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skinlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ever since I read some posts about the skincareboard I had to see for myself what was going on over there. So now I want to know if anyone has used any of her products and which ones?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
If you mean from her site, I've used:
CP Superserum, Supercop X2, Rooibos green tea serum, Lactic Acid 10% gel, Green Cream 6, the Skinbio shampoo and conditioner.
Not sure if any of those are 'hers' exactly.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've boughten copper peptides from her and the red tea serum
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Molly, I'm interested in copper peptides. Do they work for you. I really hate to give up my vit. c though.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
She gets a lot of her products from skinbiology.com you might get a better price at the site.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Molly - can you tell me how you like/ed the 10% lactic acid gel? I am looking for a lactic acid product to use daily (I have very resistant skin) and have been eyeballing this one. Thanks in advance.
goldie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using a few products that I purchased from the DY web site: clear emu oil, DMAE serum, 5% salicylic acid (as a spot treatment for blemishes), and Green Cream 6 (just recently started using this). I have also used several other products in the past: CP serum, Rooibos tea serum, and 10% lactic acid.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Razinkane
I've used CPs for nearly 6 years now on and off with other experiments. (Didn't we discuss this before? I seem to remember your name)...anyway....I think initially CPs gave me a bit of a glow and just healthier looking skin pretty quickly then better 'true' moisturisation. My skin was getting dryer in my mid thirties, but it's not now. As far as wrinkle reduction goes - it's v. hard to say. Maybe not. I wasn't using for several months and now I'm back on it I'm pleased. So, after the initial phase you don't get a WOW factor, but I miss them when I don't use.

I've never used the really strong stuff for long enough either - that's what I'm working on now and I think I'm getting results, but it's maybe 2 months in.

Most CP users also use C - just alternate - CP at night, C by day.

Hi Rileygirl

The lactic acid really works for me, but I've never used strong peels. Strongest thing I've used before is a buffered, leave on, glycolic 14%.

I was using much more regularly in the winter months and my face was whiter than white and everything else seemed to pull together too - stuff absorbed so well it seemed to give me an all-round face lift. I went slowly because it stings a bit. Went up from 3 mins twice a week to about 7 mins twice a week, but then I started to experience a little peeling on my nose and chin so I cut back.

I'm only using it once a fortnight here now because of the high UV index and humidity. My SS tends to sweat off.

It's certainly effective, but I'm thinking daily might be overdoing things. I guess you could just do it for a minute daily if your skin really is stubborn.

For a daily thing did you look into the Mandelic a lot of oily people seem to love that. (I don't know if you're oily)

HTH M
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Molly. I actually am using a sample of the mandelic. I have normal skin, and very resistant. I can use .1% Retin A without any problems at all. No peeling, redness, etc.! Thanks for the help. I may try the LA once my sample of Mandelic is out if I don't get the results I am looking for!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl
Maybe we're similar then - I have the same Retin A experience. And unlike most people here have found the ISC Active doesn't work for me. Perhaps we are very resistant.

I've been eyeing the Mandelic myself for some time. Doesn't it do anything for you?

Molly

Another thought for our skin type. I loved the Epidermx. Would like to repurchase that one again.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

I didn't quite understand. Have cp's helped you with your fine lines or wrinkles? I've been using the cp serum for 8 months. I'm diligently bringing up prior damage Rolling Eyes but have not been able to reverse any of it
Have your wrinkles diminished? Or day I even say reversed?
Thanks
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Molly - yes we do sound very similar. The ISC Active did nothing for me either! I honestly just started with the mandelic 2 days ago, so way too early to tell on that one! I have never used the epidermx, so I will look at that product as well!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest Rileygirl, I don't think the Mandelic is for me, but for more oily/acneic/sensitive folk, but I have a really romantic thing about almonds. Laughing

Hello Skincarefreak

I would have to say 'no' it hasn't eliminated any lines, but then again I haven't seen any new ones and I started using when I was about 36 and I'm now 42. My strong lines are dynamic ones anyway, nothing's going to shift 'em bar botox. I don't have any fine lines except on my immediate eye area and if I treat them right they plump up and diminish anyway.

I should point out that the copper peptides used in Dr Pickart's CPs have never been proven to eliminate wrinkles. Tests were only done on healing. It's purely theoretical that the healing action will also improve lines.

I do feel the stronger CPs (I use supercop x2) work on skin renewal and particularly in eliminating my hyperpigmentation, but this is an unusual claim for CPs. I've said this before so sorry if it's boring, but I spot treated one patch for a couple of months, when I saw it was going I started on the others. Now that first patch is nearly completely gone (there's just a little freckly outline to it) and I tanned inbetween so it should have come back.

Quote:
I'm diligently bringing up prior damage but have not been able to reverse any of it

I never quite understand the bringing up damage concept - what exactly is showing on your face?

Molly Very Happy [/code]
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the swift reply! I began using the cp's very sparingly and slowly increased my usage. From February to the middle of April I was using it 4x's a wk., diluting it with squalane and I have to say my skin looked great. I decided to try using it everyday w/out the squalane. I thought my skin could handle it better without the increased penetration. Well...I began to see fine lines come up on my face and some light blotches. I back off and use more acids, the lines diminish but don't go away Sad .
I agree that their isn't a real published data surrounding the srcp's but there are some people who have seen some really good results. I hope that answers your question.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincarefreak

I see what you mean. I never experienced that kind of thing so I can't give you any encouragement.

The theory goes that that this is caused by damaged proteins being eliminated faster than new proteins being replaced. So some people push on with it.

But there is published research into wrinkle reduction for the first generation CP molecule, but only healing studies for the second generation molecule which is the one Skinbio uses.

Molly
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

Yes and I eagerly waiting for his new GHK serum.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes and I eagerly waiting for his new GHK serum.
me too, Razinkane

I didn't know you knew everything. In the light of that my reply is a bit patronising - sorry Wink
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm confused Embarassed. Was that response for me? I don't know everything...especially with the copper peptides. I'm going on blind faith. I hope this works. At this point, all I'm seeing are lines and blotches come to the surface Sad, and seriously, wondering if I'll be able to get rid of it. I hate to think that I'm pushing this forward quicker, but I'm not able to get rid of it!
I think it's great that you've been able to get rid of your hyperpigmentation. I hope you see continued success with them.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm confused . Was that response for me

Yes, for you Razinkane. Only I was babbling on about the difference between generation 1, generation 2 and it's obvious you know all that already.

I'm not sure what I'd do in your personal skin situation either - sorry Confused

I only read long-term concerns over the uglies and the eye area over on the Skincare board. It seems other uglies get resolved so yours should too.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
To be honest Rileygirl, I don't think the Mandelic is for me, but for more oily/acneic/sensitive folk, but I have a really romantic thing about almonds. Laughing

I wonder if the Mandelic would be a good option for me? I have the exact skin type you mention and cannot tolerate salicylic acid or other AHAs. Mandelic acid is an AHA, correct? When I have used AHAs in the past they have irritated my skin and caused more breakouts. Molly or Rileygirl do you have any thoughts on this?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa
It might be just the thing.
Deb, the host of the other forum did a lot of research and sourced this one especially for herself first because she used to be a Roscea sufferer (along with acne and oily skin).
Get a sample.
Molly
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh...ok. I'm not Razinkane. I sure hope the uglies will go away!!! Some days are better than others. I'm torn...I've been told the 2 schools of thought. One is to slow down and not use the cp for a while. The other is to push through it...I'm not sure...and since I've more damage up, I'm hesitant to just stop and start. I swear it's begining to be an obsession here. Bad Grin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL - Mandelic may be just the thing for you. It is supposed to be much more gentle than other AHA's. People who cannot tolerate glycolic, etc. are supposed to be able to handle Mandelic. Look into "MaMa lotion" (I believe it is skincarerx.com sells this product). It is a combination of mandelic and malic acid. It is supposed to be very tolerable and no stinging. The Mandelic acid from Vivant (from the DY website) has major alcohol in it, and may very well burn your skin. I have samples of this MaMa lotion and I also have the Vivant Mandelic. I am not thrilled with the Vivant Mandelic just because of the alcohol, but for just the few days I have been on the MaMa lotion, I am liking the way it makes my skin feel. HTH!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Molly wrote:

I wonder if the Mandelic would be a good option for me? I have the exact skin type you mention and cannot tolerate salicylic acid or other AHAs. Mandelic acid is an AHA, correct? When I have used AHAs in the past they have irritated my skin and caused more breakouts. Molly or Rileygirl do you have any thoughts on this?

Although it apparently works for sensitive skin, I just wanted to let you know that the first ingredient is sd alcohol 40-may not be an issue since this makes it a very light, easily absorbable serum, but I thought I'd let you know.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Oh...ok. I'm not Razinkane. I sure hope the uglies will go away!!!

I'm sorry SKINCAREFREAK - I'm obviously much more confused than you are.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |