Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

bumps on face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ayu
5% products discount

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
hi all,

recently i have developed these bumps on my face. they're not white heads but they're just a bump. like the skin is uneven. there is nothing to squeeze out at all. it is just a small little hill of skin/flesh. i don't know how else i can describe it, and i have no idea what is causing this. the only thing that i've used that was different from before was yonka's creme 28. but i've been using that for about 2-3 weeks before these bumps developed.

does anyone know the cause of these bumps?! what is going on?! please help! thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
when you squeeze one of the bumps, does it make you have more bumps? if it does, you might wanna go to the derm and have it checked for skin bacterial infection. nothing scary, but it is better to get treated.
ayu
5% products discount

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
no,when i squeeze them i don't get more bumps. but even when i do squeeze them nothing happens because its not like there is anything underneath the bumps. its just like a lump of flesh. i'm thinking they are "majorly" clogged pores??

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ayu-
I developed small bumps all over my lower cheek area a couple of months ago, and went nuts trying to figure out what caused it. I described it as orange peel or a mottled appearance. Does that sound like what you have?
For weeks I couldn't figure out what they were. As my skin became more exfoliated from the products I was using, I could see that they looked like clogged pores, but nothing would come out of them. I'm getting it under control now, but unfortunately I can't say exactly what has improved it since I changed so much of my regime. It might have been the OCM I was using, I see that the Yonka moisturizer you're using has essential oils in it. Could it be possible that you're having a reaction to them? Another thing I found with my skin was that I was over moisturizing & clogging the pores. Could this also be something that is affecting your skin? I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm still trying to figure out the culprit myself Laughing
ayu
5% products discount

Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:25 am      Reply with quote
hi kls,

i thought its the yonka also... but the weird thing is.. before i used the yonka, the pores around my nose area were really clogged and lots of whiteheads were present. then i started using it and all those whiteheads disappeared! and my pores were minimized to non-existence!!

so yes i am getting that sort of orange peel type of problem, but maybe not too such an extreme. perhaps it is the yonka though..maybe i should lay off of that for awhile, and since its getting really hot here these days maybe i'll try going without moisturizer at all!

thanks for ur help. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Ayu-
Are the bumps in the same place you had blackheads & whiteheads? I also have blackheads around my nose, but I never formed any of those weird bumps there. I was getting those small bumps in areas that were more dry (cheeks & side of face). That's why I'm thinking that over moisturizing was causing the problem.
I've been using DHCC almost daily & it's really clearing out the pores. However, the purging process almost seems unending, so I'm kind of confused right now. Don't know if I'm just going through a purging stage or if my pores are getting clogged on a daily basis from sunscreen & other products.
Just wondering, have you been using more (or different) sunscreen lately?
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
They are clogged pores which are udner the skin.

Mario Beduscu drying cream will do the job!
it'll dry up the bumps and it'll either slowly dry out and fall out. and dissolved into the bloodstream.
ayu
5% products discount

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
hey kls,

yah totally, i get these bumps around my cheek area as well. not where my whiteheads/blackheads are. so i think we're getting the same thing!!!

as for the product, will it work? because these bumps are like pretty much skin bumped up. nothing to dry up!!

i think the only new thing i used was the yonka, i didnt change sunblock at all. im thinking it is that. im just going to not use it for now and see if they'll go away i guess?

keep me updated on what's happening with your bumps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use Serious Skin Care Dry Lo whenever I have a "bump" on my face.
ayu
5% products discount

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:34 am      Reply with quote
what does that cream do to the bumps?

where can i get serious skincare Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
ayu wrote:
what does that cream do to the bumps?

where can i get serious skincare Question

It's a spot treatment for acne (active ingredient is sulphur). If you live in Canada, you can get it from the Shopping Channel. www.tsc.ca

If you live in the US, you can get it off eitherwww.hsn.com orwww.seriousskincare.com.
ayu
5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:14 am      Reply with quote
ohhh ok great thanks a lot!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I've had this before too. I think it happens when your pores get clogged that are inflamed at the same time. The only thing I've been able to do is try various methods to dry the area up, so I second what everyone else mentioned, although I use a combination of other techniques in an effor to help prevent leftover redness/scarring. Also it may be too late now, but if this happens in the future, be sure not to squeeze at the area! In my experience that makes it So much worse!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I had those bumps on both sides of my face and some around the sides of my mouth. I didn't know what was causing them but I was getting sort of depressed about it because it looked horrid. I thought maybe my vit c was too strong, and while I was waiting for my eds order of the jb vit. c I didn't use any at all. I don't know if thats what cleared my face up or using psf acne clearing mud three times a week,(even though I don't think those little bumpys were acne) along with a moisturizing mask so my face didn't totally dry up. Whatever it was, it worked and I am now using jb vit. c and no new bumps.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I too have some of these all of a sudden as well. I have such a combination of whiteheads, blackheads and just plain pimples lately. Nothing major has changed in my routine. I am thinking it might be the new clay mask I am using and it is drawing everything to the surface???
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
I've had these bumps recently and I think it's because my oil balance is out of whack because of humidity. I posted about it because I want daily sunscreen protection and my winter products are obviously too emollient. In the meantime, I tried Queen Helene's mint julip mask last night, followed by a light moisturizer, and WOW, the bumps seem to have really flattened! I was concerned that it might be over-drying, stimulating even more oil, but it wasn't.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi LandB
can yoy buy that mask at a local drugstore? I thought I have seen it at my Longs, but I could be mistaken. I am not sure if I want to pyt it all over my face, but if you had good results, maybe I can use it as a spot treatment. (Not that I need more spot treatments, probably have over 20) Thanks for the information.
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:43 am      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Hi LandB
can yoy buy that mask at a local drugstore? I thought I have seen it at my Longs, but I could be mistaken. I am not sure if I want to pyt it all over my face, but if you had good results, maybe I can use it as a spot treatment. (Not that I need more spot treatments, probably have over 20) Thanks for the information.

Yes - I purchased it at Brooks Pharmacy. I learned about it on the forum, where it was recommended for breakouts. It's really inexpensive. I thought about just treating my forehead where the bumps are but I went ahead and used it on my whole face. It wasn't drying at all, even where my skin remains normal in the humidity (ex - my cheeks). I do think I'll give it another go tonight, but limit it to my forehead, just in case.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I also have the "bumps"! I have consulted three dermotologists and they all said that they were a type of cyst (this was confirmed by a pathology test) and were extremely difficult to get rid of. The doctors all felt that they are a hereditory condition and not caused by anything that I am doing.

I had some of the larger ones on my forehead removed by laser but there are lots of tiny ones left - help!!! If I try squeezing them they ALWAYS return.

Does anyone have any suggestions in treating this problem.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu
I don't doubt what your doctors told you, But I have probably 20 littly tiny bumps on my forehead. Can they all be cysts? Plus, mine seem to look good one day and the next puffy and extra swollen looking. I have never had them ever, sure breakouts,but not these. I guess what baffles me is, up until I woke up with them one day, I changed NOTHING in my routine or products. Ate nothing different, did not change conditioners or shampoos..no new deterent for clothes.. nothing. How could these just appear all of a sudden without me changing anything. I guess for me the frustrating part is the derm say, "well, don't know..we can try some different products and see what happens...but probably will not help. Now maybe this is a really stupid question, but I aks it out of frustration. If I have an ear ache, I get something to clear it up. If I have any other type of aliment, I get a prescription. Why cant the dr's, find a cure? I know everyone's skin is different, but I have been on hundreds of OTC and RX and have seen probably 10 derms in the past 10 years...NOTHING. exactly the same, worse...never better. I am 37and I am tired, let me repeat tired of always worrying about my face.. I am always looking in the mirror to make sure no new ones have formed that I have to conceal, or my existing ones are covered up. Lord it is getting old.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bergquis, I feel exactly the same as you - I'm sure that if Nicole Kidman developed bumps on her face she would be able to get them fixed quick fast!!!! Why can't we??

My bumps also seem to be worse on some days compared to others. I have found that using a face cream with a high component of glycolic acid can help, unfortunately, the one that I was using has been discontinued. Glycolic acid peels (or similar) from the beautician are also good.

To find out if your bumps are cysts you will have to go to the doc and have one cut out and sent to pathology - its called a punch biopsy. My doc told me that the cysts tend to develop with age (I am 56) so that is also very frustrating. I would definately try a series of facial peels - all the best - Keliu
Tryshh

Wed May 07, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have been to a dermatologist about these bumps that seem to look like swollen pores. He advised me they were fat nodules and he sprayed my face with freezing material and they dried up and turned to scabs and were gone when they healed. Looked like heck for awhile.

I never went back........creams will do the same thing?

They did come back......

Thanks
chantell87

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I have had these annoying embarrassing bumps for years and recently i tried a honey aspirin mask and i can see the difference after just 2 days. Dissolve a few uncoated aspirin in a small amount of water and add a little bit of honey and mix. after the aspirin is fully dissolved apply to your face if you need some exfoliation you can apply in soft circular motions. leave on for 10-20 minutes and rinse off. i have been doing this twice a day. if you don't add the honey it dries out your face a little bit and as the mask dries the aspirin will flake off every time you move. good luck and i hope this helps. if your worried about dryness you can do it once a day to start out.
Natmeduser

Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Castor oil has done wonders for my skin and it's very inexpensive and works as good as any other skin product you can buy. It's been around forever and been forgotten but it is a miracle!
LightenNlift
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of the times flesh colored "bumps" can form because of some white discharge underneath then, you will eventually see it come out, once it comes out then the problem should be solved.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |