Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L'Occitane Honey, Royal Jelly & Propolis Foaming Jelly
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I recieved a small 35ml bottle of this in a travel kit on my birthday and have used it over the past week. Now I really wish I had taken this on holiday with me as it states it is for Hair and Body.
I love the scent. It has a strong but not overpowering honey smell with a subtle floral scent Beautiful! My MIL who hates anything that smells or tastes like honey also likes this!
This actually looks and pours like honey but don't worry there's no stickiness Laughing
Lathered up quite well and was really gentle on the skin, leaving it feeling soft and moisturised.
I would recomend for anyone suffering from dry, sensitive skin, this will not irritate at all.
I tried it on my hair and in left my hair feeling clean, soft and silky and I could catch a faint honey whiff throughout the day....would love for there to be the matching conditioner!
Next time I go away anywhere I will be packing a bottle of this, which I am guessing will set me back a small fortune.....oh why do all the nice things have to cost more!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:48 am      Reply with quote
I looooove this stuff! Absolutely love it! The sweet honey smell is just addicting. I got a little bottle of it for traveling, and brought it with me on one of my last trips to use as both shampoo and body wash. Even my husband remarked on how much he liked using it and how good it smelled. I really can't wait to get a full-size bottle. I think the only downside is that it contains SLS, but it's still a much nicer product than the hotel soap and shampoo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I was given a jar of their Honey Face Mask to try, and the aroma was divine. Unfortunately, it stung like crazy on my not normally very sensitive skin and I had to wash it off pronto.

This experience has kind of put me off L'Occitane's honey stuff from now on. A real shame, as it does smell wonderful.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
majorb - I'm wondering if it's something that their putting in the masks . I had the same problem with the olive mask but have not had problems with other products of theirs.
I may try the foaming jelly just to see.... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried their masks (my face is much more sensitive than my body), but I've enjoyed a lot of the other L'Occitane products I've used. The Olive Milk Body Lotion and Olive Hair Oil both smell sooo good. I totally feel like a princess when I use them. Has anyone tried any of their Jasmine Green Tea products? The smell of jasmine tea is one of my favorite scents ever, so I've been curious as to whether or not these products smell as good...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
No, I haven't tried the Jasmine but love that scent too! May just have to order something that has J in it. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
sportygirl - Maybe. I was certainly surprised, as it's supposed to be soothing and I think the destructions may have said it was for sensitive skin.

I'd be interested to know how you get on if you do try the foaming jelly.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
majorb - I'll let you know if I decide to order it, although something with jasmine sounds nice too! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I too loooooove the honey gel. I first became addicted when I got the set of perfume and a little "honey bear" soap.

For those of you who love the scent of honey, I suggest you check out the Honey Pot scent from Kiss My Face. Where the L'Occitane is fresh and delicate (makes me think of little children running around at a garden party) the Kiss My Face is a deep, sensual, almost primal honey scent. Very sexy Very Happy

manslayerliz wrote:
I've never tried their masks (my face is much more sensitive than my body), but I've enjoyed a lot of the other L'Occitane products I've used. The Olive Milk Body Lotion and Olive Hair Oil both smell sooo good. I totally feel like a princess when I use them. Has anyone tried any of their Jasmine Green Tea products? The smell of jasmine tea is one of my favorite scents ever, so I've been curious as to whether or not these products smell as good...

I love the smell of most green tea and jasmine products (alone and combined,) but, I don't much care for the new L'Occitane scent. Smells synthetic and is both too sharp and too sweet to my nose. Unfortunate Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I was given a jar of their Honey Face Mask to try, and the aroma was divine. Unfortunately, it stung like crazy on my not normally very sensitive skin and I had to wash it off pronto.

This experience has kind of put me off L'Occitane's honey stuff from now on. A real shame, as it does smell wonderful.

I had the exact same experience with the honey mask. I was looking for a light soothing mask for the summer and I was given a sample and told it was for senstive skin and inflaming skin. well it worked opposit for me. My face was INFLAMED after I put it on. I had to press cold water on face to calm the reddess it caused. total disaster!!!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Agave you are so terrible, now you have started off in me a new lemming for Kiss My Face Honey Pot!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm just googling that Kiss My Face Honey Pot as I type this! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |