Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sick of worrying about the sun!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Do you all get sick of it, too?

I've become paranoid about the sun in the last year, which I know is healthier for me than my formerly dangerously carefree attitude. But I miss being carefree so much. I miss that "glow" I used to get... and no, fake tans can't compare.

I am heading for a trip to Hawaii in a couple of weeks, and right now all I can think about is how I am going to manage to avoid sun damage while I'm there. I have a feeling this concern is really going to negatively impact my vacation.

Part of me just wants to say, "Screw it, aging happens, live for today!"

Another part of me can't ever let go like that again.

Anyway, just sharing some thoughts.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Do you all get sick of it, too?

Yes, totally and frequently

I feel like a prisoner in my flat now the sun's at it's worst. Crying or Very sad

....and I got burned at the weekend with my high PPD and an umbrella out in the early evening sun.

so frustrating...
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I think we've become a bit too paranoid about a lot of things in this day and age. I am a true believer of "everything in moderation"*. Let's face it, is a few weeks in the glorious Hawaiian sun really going to kill you? Don't stress about it. Wear some sunscreen, a beautiful straw wide brimmed hat, and a stunning silk screened sarong and go and frolic on the sandy beach. Life is too short to reduce all of life's pleasures to null. Living in a dark cave isn't going to make you happy, (well at least not most of us), so why not enjoy all this earth has to offer, including some brilliant sunshine. I for one like a bit of a sun kissed glow in the summer. I am cocooned all winter, barely seeing the light of day, buried in mountains of snow, that when the sun finally comes out I like to lay out and worship for a few hours a month. Frankly, I am so careful about everything else and am diligent with my health and diet that a bit of sun adoration will hardly have an impact on my overall wellbeing. Now of course I don't mean go out and lie in the sun for hours on end scorching and charring all the skin on your body - that would just be stupid. Like I said "moderation" is key so relax, have fun and enjoy your vacation and be grateful that you have this opporutnity to travel when so many others do not.

*(Just in case people misinterpret what I've written I am adding this note to clarify that when I say "everything in moderation" I of course am referring only to safe practices. I am not condoning illegal drug use or violence or anything unethical of any sort.) See what I mean about becoming too paranoid. LOL Wink
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
i agree with wildflower. Enjoy your trip in Hawaii, just wear sunscreen and dont worry! Your skin is not going to show aging in just a week or two of hanging around in the sun.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Janis, I'm PPP, and I spent my honeymoon in Hawaii. If my husband and I were going to go for a long walk I carried an umbrella/parasol, and when we went to the beach we slathered on the sunscreen, and other than that I just didn't worry about it and neither one of us got so much as a tan. So, pack some sunscreen and a hat or an umbrella and then just don't worry about it--- you'll be fine.^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking about this last night and I really don’t know if I want to live the rest of my life this way - WORRY / HIDE from the sun.

23 years ago when I first met my husband I was as tanned as a Native American Indian and that’s one of the reasons my husband dated me. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I was always an outdoor person. I played tennis, I went to the beach, …….. And I was always a cool mom, I did all outdoor activities with my kids and their friends w/o worrying about the sun. When I chaperon for kids’ school field trips, all of my kids’ friends wanted to be in my group because they thought I was cool, do all activities with them, Laughing Laughing Laughing not like some Asian mom – long sleeves, big hat, and always hiding from the sun. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes BUT since beginning of this year I changed – Always hiding from the sun. About 2 weeks ago we went to the park and I had my welder’s visor on running from shade to shade. Kids rolled their eyes and my husband said “So, I guess this is it!!! No more sun, no more fun, no more vacation in sunny places!” I did not know how to answer him. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Yes, my skin is getting better. Yes, I got more even skin tone. Yes, my sun spots faded…… But I’m not ME any more. I missed all of the outdoor activities I used to enjoy. I still go “OUT” with kids but I always wear my welder’s visor and kids refused to go out with me. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

For my age (47) it took me 3 ~ 6 months to fade some sum spots but they’ll all come back after only few hours sun exposure. We went to Hawaii last December and luckily it was not hot. I did not swim at all but a half day snorkeling in the morning. Yes, I re-applied my sunscreen every time I got out of the water. All my faded sun spots came back. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I really don’t know what to do!!!

I enjoy my better skin BUT I want to have fun TOO!!! Cool CoolCool

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
[quote="wildflower"]. . . Wear some sunscreen, a beautiful straw wide brimmed hat, and a stunning silk screened sarong and go and frolic on the sandy beach. Life is too short to reduce all of life's pleasures . . .

OMG--Just reading this makes me want to run off to Hawaii TODAY!

I also have given up doing things I love, like swimming outdoors, hanging out at the beach, etc., because I've been trying to avoid the sun. I worked so hard and spent a lot of money using the Obagi system 2 years ago, only to have my sun spots reappear after a couple of times in the sun (even with using sunscreen!) I hate that I'm so paranoid about the sun that I'm missing out on things I used to love doing.

Quote:
[quote="MACrisis"] . . .I really don’t know if I want to live the rest of my life this way - WORRY/HIDE from the sun. . .

I totally agree with you MACrisis! I guess I'll have to take the advice of BCgirl and Manslayerliz--take reasonable precautions and then just enjoy life and don't worry about things so much!

[spell check still not working]

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
. . . Wear some sunscreen, a beautiful straw wide brimmed hat, and a stunning silk screened sarong and go and frolic on the sandy beach. Life is too short to reduce all of life's pleasures . . .

OMG--Just reading this makes me want to run off to Hawaii TODAY!

I also have given up doing things I love, like swimming outdoors, hanging out at the beach, etc., because I've been trying to avoid the sun. I worked so hard and spent a lot of money using the Obagi system 2 years ago, only to have my sun spots reappear after a couple of times in the sun (even with using sunscreen!) I hate that I'm so paranoid about the sun that I'm missing out on things I used to love doing.

MACrisis wrote:
. . .I really don’t know if I want to live the rest of my life this way - WORRY/HIDE from the sun. . .

I totally agree with you MACrisis! I guess I'll have to take the advice of BCgirl and Manslayerliz--take reasonable precautions and then just enjoy life and stop worrying about things so much!

[spell check still not working]

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
My dad is a doctor, and never ever uses sunscreen. I'm not saying what he does is wise, but when I've questioned him about it, he just shrugs and says "Life is too short." He's an outdoors man, loves the sun, loves sports and nature. I think it's mostly just because he was raised that way, to love the outdoors, to love the beach himself. He has wrinkles, sure, and he looks his age (mid-60s) but he has no qualms about the sun.

His attitude negatively influenced me when I was younger because I would adopt the same carefree spirit with the sun...just hanging out at the beach with no sunblock, not worrying about consequences.

As I'm starting to see some damage now at age 25, I've wised up and learned to avoid the sun at all costs. But I've lost a lot of innocence and freedom in my new cautiousness.

There's got to be some middle ground. I don't want to feel like the sun is poison when it's beating down on me. Humans lived for centuries doing stuff in the sun without worrying about it....
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
i put on sunscreen, wear a hat, and then go do whatever it is that i want to do.

i don't ever "bake" myself. but if i want to go on a long bike ride along the beach--i will. if i want to spend a few hours gardening, i will.

this summer one of my jobs is going to be washing windows on high rises. i'm REALLY gonna be in the sun then, but i'll have my sunscreen and a hat.

i like to get a tiny bit of a glow, basically, enough that i don't glow in the dark.

in the long run i think that's healthier, because with a tiny bit of sun exposure i know i won't burn if i accidently end up out in the sunshine.

that's what happened the first time i decided to go totally no-sun. yes, the freckles on my shoulders disapeared, but my eczema was worse and the one day i was out in the sun when i missed my bus--BIG burn on my shoulders. i think that did more damage than a little bit of exposure here and there to build a bit of resistence does.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Same has happened to me. I can't psychologically step out the front door without sunscreen and practically run from the car to the house and vice versa. I'm a prisoner but my skin is looking nice.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm more paranoid than most as my mom suffered from many skin cancers, including two melanomas. After seeing what my mom went through I haven't been in the sun since I was a teenager.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I'm more paranoid than most as my mom suffered from many skin cancers, including two melanomas. After seeing what my mom went through I haven't been in the sun since I was a teenager.

Wow! I can't say I blame you there! By the way, LOVE the name...appletini!
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm all for moderation. Sunlight isn't all bad. Don't forget - you get vitamin D from the sun. There are a number of studies that suggest that vitamin D may prevent multiple sclerosis (e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=9316607&dopt=Abstract).

Anyhow, I'm not trying to give medical advice (and I'm not qualified to do so), but I do think there is a balance. I just mention the studies on the benfits of vitamin D as an example.

We all make our own choices. Personally, I wear sunscreen every day, and I reapply frequently if I am outside for an extended period of time. I will not allow myself to burn, and I hope that I can reduce the amount of sun damage I suffer. I am also willing to try different antioxidants, etc. to combat the appearance of aging. I won't, however, avoid being outside.

I think that we each make our own deal. Personally I looked at my options and decided that lazy days floating in the water, and afternoons canoeing, sailing or cycling do more for my sense of well-being than looking younger. For other people, those activites may not be as important.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I am with MACrisis - I am afraid of the sun, I do not step out of the door with out sunscreen and a Wide Brim Sun Hat.......and I think I am known for that "Crazy lady with the Wide Brim Sun Hat". I have lived in the Middle East for 16 years and seen it all, believe me it is not a pretty sight. They can laugh as much as they want, but I think I will get the last laugh. As long as I got that hat, I try to enjoy myself - it totally covers my face from the sun. Cool Cool

So girls go get yourselves a Wide brim hat and enjoy!

I must say that I get a Panic attack, if I don't have that hat with me. Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I was just having this internal rant today.

The last remnants of my unintentional tan from Memorial Day are gone and this is the first time I will enter a 4th of July weekend pale as a ghost. I'm still paranoid about the sun but at the same time, I feel kinda fugly wearing summer clothes while being so pale! Confused

So the plan is to capitalize on the fact that my sun damaged areas - forehead, chest, and upper arms - can all be covered easily with a hat and a T-shirt without my looking too crazy doing outdoor activities, or even hanging at the beach.

I'll be wearing tons of sunscreen but I'm not going to hide from the sun.

Plus, I don't have the time or the patience to find and apply a good self tanner.

What a bummer this whole dilemma is.... Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm SO glad I looked back here. I was expecting to see the usual, must-cover-ourselves-day-in-day-out paranoia.

And I feel exactly the same as most of you. I'm an outdoor person; never happier than walking for hours across the countryside or camping out on a wild beach somewhere. I really miss that. It's like such an important part of my life has gone and maybe for ever.

BUT I have hyperpigmentation.

There is another theory though. You can take supplements which theoretically build your PPD up to 8 or higher and use topical anti-oxidants, which increase it further still. If you get a gentle, controlled tan while your using these the melanin is released and oxidized but the resulting free radicals are neutralised. So, you could tan a bit (I'm not saying basking, mid-day sun etc. etc.) possibly without damage. (there's a lot of this discussed over atwww.theskincareboard.com

It's just limiting the damage at a point further along the process rather than stopping the whole process.

Unfortunately you need to be rich to afford all these supplements so it's not for me right now, but after my recent burning episode (and I don't burn easily usually - it's only because I'm constantly protected that I'm now so sensitive) I'm thinking that despite a little bit of damage (I have some anti-oxidants, but not enough) I'm going to get a very slow controlled base tan. I know it's only equivalent to SPF4, but in the event of my SS failing again burning is worse for your skin.

I gave in to temptation last summer and got a light tan for a few days by the sea in Greece and curiously my hyperpigmentation didn't get any worse (that's just my experience though)

No-one throw bricks at me please.

Molly
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Who would throw bricks at you for that? That sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Of the vast human population wandering around the Earth right now, the women who freqent this board belong to a small minority of people who realize the true danger of the sun and are cautious about protecting themselves from it. Others include dermatologists, estheticians, probably most beauticians, skin cancer survivors, etc.

But I think the general population doesn't spend a whole lot of time and energy fretting over the sun. And there are others who probably NEVER think of it. So just by being aware, you are ahead of the pack.

Right now I'm just trying to form my own healthy, moderate mindset on this topic. I know I went to an outdoor concert last weekend and it was ruined my sun paranoia. I kept sneaking into the bathroom and applying more sunscreen....finding shady spots to hide out in. I didn't even enjoy the music, and my friends kept asking me why my face was so shiny! It was then when I kind of realized I was being too extreme.

So I'm striving to find that middle ground for myself... I personally don't want to be going around wearing huge floppy hats, carrying parasols, and reapplying my sunblock all day. I don't think it's worth it. Whatever I do, I will age. Things I don't like will happen to my skin. I will never have the dewy look of a 21 year old again, and I have no control over that. So if I happen to get caught in the sun every once in a while, I just need to relax and deal...
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Who would throw bricks at you for that? That sounds pretty reasonable to me

Hi Janis

If I'd said that here last summer - rather a lot of people actually. I think the user base of EDS has changed quite significantly and older users are trying to find a better balance. I feel much more comfortable with the attitude here now.

Last year it was total paranoia all round.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
The most skin damage is done from burning or quick tanning/exposure. So, yeah it's the people that avoid it and then get stuck in it that get the most damage and burn like crazy.

My parents were total outdoor people when I was a little kid. And I always lived in sunny places. Hawaii, California, Thailand, etc. I don't know if they used sunscreen on us when we were little, maybe some I'm sure. All I know is I have quite a few photos of me as a toddler with a dark tan on the beaches of Hawaii. So, I never learned to be afraid of the sun. I do have some pigmentation/freckles on my cheeks I want to clear up, but I'm almost 30 and no signs of wrinkles yet or anything and my skin is very smooth, not rough or anything. I'm not an outdoor type of person now. I'm a total homebody and am indoors 90% of the time, if not more. I am a little worried about vitamin D deficiencies (I believed this can be checked). I also think that if you run from one indoor spot to the next when going outside that it won't be enough time to get your daily vitamin D (15-20 min. on virgin uncovered skin).

I like the idea of moderation cause it's more sane and sustainable. You can never protect yourself 100% and the sun is not 100% bad for you, it's actually quite good. I don't think it is that unhealthy at all, I think it's more of a vanity thing actually. Are you really worried about your health or your looks? How come people are not as concerned and obsessed about other cancers and their diet etc. and eat perfect and do everything perfectly to avoid cancer? Obsessing every time that you are near chemicals, eat something non-organic or walking next to cars or other carcinogenic toxins in the environment. For most things people don't worry or even take many precautions at all. I don't hear people say, my aunt got breast cancer, so I obsess and won't eat anything but certified organic food, and won't go near any toxic chemicals in household products, building material and furniture, etc. and will get plenty of sun cause that's been shown to greatly reduce breast cancer risk.

Is it that it's really that much more dangerous then any of the other health risks in our lives, or is it powerful scare tactic marketing campaigns shoved down our throat at every turn, and the vain fear of aging?

Has anyone read any of these books?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1596871172/sr=8-1/qid=1151457620/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-3283368-4601521?ie=UTF8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1899171975/ref=pd_bxgy_img_b/104-3283368-4601521?ie=UTF8

People never wore sunscreen before the last 50-60 years or so. And skin cancer rates were much lower then before the use of sunscreens. Why is that? Seems odd.

BTW, I just got my Raspberry Oil. I'm not crazy about the smell. Kind of like a raspberry banana smoothie that's been sitting out in the sun all day. I don't smell it when it's on though and it looks nice on my skin. We'll seee.....

Just remember how much stress and worry ages you internally and externally and how many free radicals stress generates. Stress is a huge cause of pre-mature aging.

We can't stop everything healthy in our lives that makes us happy because of a little oxidative stress. Exercise is one example.

http://www.arxc.com/townsend/exercise.htm
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Is it that it's really that much more dangerous then any of the other health risks in our lives, or is it powerful scare tactic marketing campaigns shoved down our throat at every turn, and the vain fear of aging?

I totally agree with you on this one BYRG and it just dominates so heavily that it's difficult to get to the truth.

Quote:
People never wore sunscreen before the last 50-60 years or so. And skin cancer rates were much lower then before the use of sunscreens. Why is that? Seems odd.

This one I've thought about a lot. Many reasons I think. From a UK perspective - 50 or 60 years ago only the upper echelons could afford foreign holidays - now vast numbers take holidays in either Meditteranean or long haul destinations.

Then there's the aging population - not only do you get a greater possibility of skin cancer as you get older the retired population are much more youthful, have more leisure time, live longer so they're all out playing golf and sitting in the sun drinking Gin and Tonic.

My grandfather got skin cancer on his bald patch, but I'm not concerned at all - he was 100 years old.

Those are the two top ones from the UK point of view IMHO. Molly
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Janis,
I have heard from several different medically esteemed sources that the #1 cause of aging isn't the sun, but rather STRESS. I don't deny that wearing sunscreen has some radical benefits to it, but fretting about being in the sun is going to be more detrimental to your body than being out on a beautiful beach in Hawaii (as long as you are of course protected). Please, please, please, I beg of you... for all of us who can't get away to beautiful Hawaii... enjoy yourself. Just enjoy yourself and the peace that you will find being in that environment. Wear your sunscreen, but most of all, have a great time. Life really is too short.
Ali

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Alilicious, but there's few things more stressful than seeing yourself looking old and ugly and feeling people treat you differently because of that Laughing You're just a young thing!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Man, I didn't realize so many of you actually hide from the sun! I have always been careful to wear sunscreen, but I haven't change my behavor or personality to avoid the sun. I have always been an outdoors type of person and I still am, I am just smart about it.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm a certified sunscreen fanatic (and trying to diminish my freckles), but I just returned from vacationing in California and I certainly wouldn't say I was a photo-phobe: I went sailing on Lake Tahoe and San Francisco Bay, hiked in the Sierras, and walked all over San Francisco in the sun. I may have gotten a couple of new freckles, but nothing very noticeable. But I WAS fastidious about applying sunscreen, and I wore hats most of the time.

It's ridiculous to forego fun in the sun! We're all going to get old looking sooner or later. But it's also ridiculous to avoid protection. If one enjoys being in water a lot, it can be quite challenging to avoid sun damage, but with diligence, it can be minimized. I would concentrate on protecting the face, neck, chest, hands and feet, but not worry as much about the back, tummy, arms and legs. This is doable.

**Could the thinning ozone layer be a cause in the rise in skin cancer rates? Could inadequate application of sunscreen (and the false sense of security it provides) also be a factor?**

This topic hits a nerve for many of us. It's such a dilemma for people who try hard and maybe spend a lot of money in the attempt to have the best skin possible. When I was younger and decided to swear off sunbathing, I went for years feeling unattractive in summer months while wearing skimpier clothing -- it seemed everyone else was tanned and looking better than I! But anymore, it's common to see people flaunting their pallor. Dare I say a deeply tanned person looks foolish or naive these days? This helps mitigate the inferiority we may feel being pale! At least it does for me. But on the plane home from my trip, I couldn't help feeling envious of the teenaged girl across the aisle with her deep tan (future forum member).

Janis, I hope you have a terrific time in Hawaii!!! Aloha Smile Smile Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |