Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
hard bumps + white swirlies, will they ever go away?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have advice about hard little bumps that exude white swirly stuff when squeezed. I know I shouldn't squeeze but I am just so frustrated.

I'm steaming with lavender and calendula blossoms to open up my pores before trying to get the gunk out. I'm using ACV/green tea/tea tree oil toner. I'm using Juice Beauty Apple Peel, sensitive skin formula, as spot treatment, every other day. I cleanse with caudalie combo skin cleanser and sun protect with a zinc oxide ss.

I don't know what else to do--and I'm sorry for being lame--but I am really sad about the condition of once smooth skin that's reacting so badly Sad
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi prs,

From the products you have listed, the only one I would suspect is the sunscreen. The bumps you have described sound like milia ( clogged pores) which can be caused by heavy creams or ss. I do not have sensitive or reactive skin normally, but do get clogged pores from certain products esp. sunscreens. Maybe someone can suggest a non-poreclogging brand to you, as I am currently trying out a new one, but haven't used it long enough to tell. They normally take a few weeks to develope on me. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I too wondered what these bumps were. I have the same thing. I guess the good news is most of the time if I extract carefully, once the swelling goes down I have no lasting effects. The only question I have is, I do not use heavy creams or anything like that. No sunscreen, so I am sure they are clogged pores, but what causes this.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
The bumps are milia, I get these sometimes around my lips. It's just clogged pores. I would suggest using an oil-free moisturizer and make-up that doesnt clog pores. Lots of people like Dr. Hauschka line to de-clog pores. Also exfoliating is a must.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused.

I thought millia are the really hard bumps that are quite difficult to extract. Are there grades of millia? Like baby millia or something?
Weezie
5% products discount

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I too have these white bumps that when squeezed produce these white swirlies. I have them mostly on my chin area just under my bottom lip kind of in the crease of my chin. No matter how often I squeeze these things they ALWAYS come back. I could squeeze something out of these pores every day. They are not milia as I have had those as well and they're not the same thing. Milia are very hard bumps and under the skin. These are more like open pores. I've always assumed they are just pores that are always collecting oil or debris for some reason. If anyone has any ideas on how to clean them out for good it would be nothing short of a miracle. I've used DHCC, tazorac, oral antibiotics for acne etc. and still no help. Bye for now.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I too have these white bumps that when squeezed produce these white swirlies. I have them mostly on my chin area just under my bottom lip kind of in the crease of my chin. No matter how often I squeeze these things they ALWAYS come back. I could squeeze something out of these pores every day. They are not milia as I have had those as well and they're not the same thing. Milia are very hard bumps and under the skin. These are more like open pores. I've always assumed they are just pores that are always collecting oil or debris for some reason. If anyone has any ideas on how to clean them out for good it would be nothing short of a miracle. I've used DHCC, tazorac, oral antibiotics for acne etc. and still no help. Bye for now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I believe this is what is referred to as 'congestion'. Dollbird mentioned hers cleared up from using the Clarisonic. I just ordered one, during the 20% off sale here. I'll let you know how it goes!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
The lovely clogged pores. The white stuff are just sebum trapped in the pores. Clarisonic didn't do anything for my clogged pores. Right now I am trying retinoid and 2% bha.

It is hard not to squeeze those suckers out Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
My skin felt somewhat congested. I had the little bumps too ... some of them you could see anything visibly in them (until I squeezed) and some were more visible. Recently I started using the PSF Vit C 20% serum and their Retinol 1%. I think maybe the retinol has made a big difference (I noticed my skin has been "peeling" bit more and maybe it's helped exfoliate so the pores don't stay so clogged)... maybe the Vit C too (which definitely has given my skin a clearer appearance). I have definitely noticed a decrease in these bumps (although they aren't ALL gone ... but maybe now I have about half of what I used to).

I've also ordered the Clarisonic brush and the PSF Balacing Oil which I'm hoping might make a difference getting rid of the rest of them!
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, I think BHA and tretinoin is the best for the swirly things.

And since you have Juice Beauty GAP, just use it regularly and hopefully it should improve those swurlies. Please also make sure you have a good PH balanced cleanser with no nasties. And drink lots of water! The swirly things are over productive sebum glands... Supplements would help too. Smile

I don't think squeezing them would help, coz they will just react and produce the sebum again. Instead, wait for them to "mature". They should stop producing Sebum and then become a "dry/hard headed" then just keep up with the routine and they should be easier to extract/fall off.
Tricks for cystic acne might help for cases like this too. I often use Mario Badescu stuff (I like their acne line).

But again first, can I stress on finding a really good cleanser Smile ? (It often really really helped with acne when I talked my friends to switch from their nasty SLS cleansers)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:

But again first, can I stress on finding a really good cleanser Smile ? (It often really really helped with acne when I talked my friends to switch from their nasty SLS cleansers)

joziegrozy can you give some examples of what you would consider a really good cleanser? Thanks.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone else noticed that we have several threads going on right now about bumps on our skin?
Could it be that we're all using more sunscreen now that summer is here?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I too have bumps on my skin, if a squeeze them they ALWAYS return. I have consulted a number of dermotologists and they all said that they were a type of cyst - this was confirmed by a patholgy test. They are, apparently, hereditory and nobody has a solution for getting rid of them. One doctor suggested Erbium laser might help but I'm not too keen on this. If anyone has a solution for the permanent removal of cysts (apart from surgery - I have too many) I would be eternally grateful.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
I believe this is what is referred to as 'congestion'. Dollbird mentioned hers cleared up from using the Clarisonic. I just ordered one, during the 20% off sale here. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hi Olyn, I would just like to clarify the type of "congestion" that the Clarisonic has helped clear up...they're the tiny "needles" that protrude from the area of my chin, under my lips. That area now is completely smooth and clear. As for the hard bumps, I'm having one right now on my chin. I find that the Clarisonic is making it smaller day by day. Don't mean to be gross but it's as hard as a corn right now. I'm hoping the Clarisonic will bring it to head faster and I can squeeze it. I've had other bumps like this dissapear i.e. don't come to head, after one week of 'spot-treating' with the Clarisonic. Good luck with yours! Smile
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for clearing that up, Dollbird! I am eagerly awaiting mine. I am hoping it comes tomorrow, as I am going out of town this weekend and hope to have mastered the technique for using it by then so I can haul it along with me. Smile
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile

So far in the morning this is what I have used and have raved about :
1)A'kin cleansers they smell sooo good. They don't foam much....
You can view ingredients here:
http://www.mypure.com.au/product.php?product=28&backtosub=148#

2)I also love Dessert Essence's Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi (Ingredients at drugstore.com) (foams really so I use it when I feel really dirty)

3)I have gotten the SkinCeuticals Gentle Cleanser (ok with PH but not organic)

4) DHCC everynight!! after my OCM.

**I think KissMyFace also got rave reviews on MUA and here Smile
I'm tempted to try the JB Cleanser (it might be similar to A'kin)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks joziegrozy. Smile
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hey all,

thanks so much for these posts. I'm learning a lot and not feeling so alone and pissed off.

The routine I mentioned that I use is post skin flip out--and it's absolutely true, while I have historically had a few hard little bumps that exude white swirlies under my bottom lip (chin crease) and a couple softer ones around my nostrils, the current presentation is epic. But thankfully, is on the wane.

I think it came about because of a too vigorous and new OCM practice (I'm enthusiastic Very Happy ) and cycling through a number of new sunscreens (and obsessive Exclamation ) to find one that works.

Following everyone's advice, I've just pared down everything to basics.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |