Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Star Jones leaves the view
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
skinlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm kind of happy that she's leaving. What do you guys think? She pretty much said that the decision was made for her to leave the show. I wonder who they will pick to replace her.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I heard this too. Kinda a shock. Rosie O'Donald is going to be a new host on the show in Sept. and I knew that Star and Rosie have some tension there.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yech. I can't stand Star Jones.

JMHO!
skinlove
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Star just bothers me because she never says how she really lost all that weight. I doubt that it was from diet and excerice alone(as she claims). Plus she obviously isn't against having plastic surgery.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm SOOO happy she's leaving! I only caught the show when I happened to be home from work, but hearing about her "Bridezilla" moments, her gushing about Al saying he has the legs of a stallion (or something like that) ... I don't know ... I just have a dislike for her.

I wonder too who will replace her. And I wonder what she'll do afterwards ... can you imagine if they give her her own talk show!!!! Yuck!!!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Can't say I'm disappointed either. Frankly all those women kind of bug me, especially Barbara Walters - she always appears so arrogant to me with a "holier than thou" attitude.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I never liked watching the View (I prefer watching Ellen) but I am relieved that Star is leaving. It would have been interesting to see her "debate" with Rosie though. Laughing
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Can't say I'm disappointed either. Frankly all those women kind of bug me, especially Barbara Walters - she always appears so arrogant to me with a "holier than thou" attitude.

Yeah..babs thinks she's above everyone but is very sly about it.I see right thru her!

As for Star..goodbye..who cares !!

She wouldn't be able to take tyhe heat from Rosie an she knew it..no match..lol

I like Mer and Joy..joy's the best !

Blue
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I never liked watching the View (I prefer watching Ellen) but I am relieved that Star is leaving. It would have been interesting to see her "debate" with Rosie though. Laughing
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
She told People magazine that her contract was not renewed and felt like she was fired. I'm sure she was. She made the announcement this morning and none of the other co-hosts knew that she was doing that. Just like her...she tries to runs things her way. Very inconsiderate of her not to say anything to ther others beforehand. But NOW the real stories about her diva behavior will come out. She was just so full of herself, especially since the weight loss.

Before the Rosie announcement it had been rumoured that Gayle King (Oprah's BF) would replace Meridith so that may be a possibility. I like her. She is always funny when she is on Oprah. She openly admitted on her show that one night in a hotel she had ordered all this food, like for 2 people, that she also ordered 2 glasses for the wine and when the food came, she was turned on the shower and talked to a ficticious person through the bathroom door so that the server would think there was someone to help her eat it all. she was not embarassed at all. That was great.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Star was to leave (fired by ABC) long before Rosie ever came into the picture! In fact she found out that she would not be renewed for the 10th season just days before the leak about Rosie coming on the show. Man that is a slap in the face. ahhhh...karma- Just as good served cold.

Article with the AP:
NEW YORK - The gloves are off for the women on “The View.”

Creator Barbara Walters said she was “betrayed” by Star Jones Reynolds’ surprise on-air announcement of her exit from the daytime talk show Tuesday. Reynolds said in a magazine interview she felt she was fired.

Either way, the “help wanted” sign is up again at the show, months after it was announced that Rosie O’Donnell was replacing Meredith Vieira as a cast member in the fall.
Story continues below ↓ advertisement

Reynolds’ exit had been rumored for months, intensifying Tuesday after reports on “Access Hollywood” and in the New York tabloids that an announcement would be coming soon.

Still, Walters said she was taken by complete surprise when Reynolds announced her departure after the first commercial break on Tuesday. The announcement had been planned for Thursday, she said.

“I love Star and I was trying to do everything I possibly could — up until this morning when I was betrayed — to protect her,” Walters told The Associated Press.

Walters also said she wasn’t aware until she got off the air of Reynolds’ People magazine interview. Reynolds, one of the original cast members when the show started nine years ago, said: “I feel like I was fired.”

That seems to be the case. Walters said ABC network chiefs had decided last fall not to renew Reynolds’ contract because its research showed that Reynolds’ dramatic weight loss and 2004 wedding to banker Al Reynolds had turned viewers off. Reynolds had been criticized for a Web site that promoted companies that donated items for the wedding party’s gift bags.

“We tried to talk them out of it,” Walters said, “and we tried to give Star time to redeem herself in the eyes of the audience, and the research just kept getting worse.”

Reynolds’ spokesman, Brad Zeifman, said the announcement had always been planned for this week. Because of all the speculation, Reynolds was compelled to tell viewers, he said.

He said he finds the notion that viewers were turned off by talk of her wedding “surprising,” given that some of the top-rated shows in 2004 were related to her wedding and engagement. Reynolds’ recent book in which she discussed her weight loss was a best-seller, he said.

Walters said Reynolds had known for several months that she would not be coming back, before Vieira’s announcement in April that she was leaving.

“I would have loved for Star to have left and not said ‘I was fired,’ and not make it look like the program was somehow being cruel to her,” she said.

O’Donnell’s hiring had nothing to do with the decision, she said. That April announcement had led to widespread speculation over whether O’Donnell and Reynolds could co-exist. O’Donnell had made several caustic remarks about Reynolds, saying that it was dishonest for her to talk about losing more than 100 pounds through diet and exercise without talking about gastric bypass surgery.
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
All I can say is thank goodness to the universe for this wonderful event and good riddance to Star!! She was and is such a self-centered person that I could not stomach watching.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
they asked her not to return to the show today or any other day b/c of her actions witht he surprise announcement and talking to People magazine about being fired. and they made that announcement on the show this morning and she was not there! She is gone!
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Now all they need to do is get rid of Elizabeth.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Haha FrevaKZ...I totally agree! She usually has nothing relevant to say and just sits there smiling.
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't watch the View much, but when I did Star Jones seemed very intelligent and funny to boot.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone ever stop and wonder why in the world Rosie ever went on this personal attack against Star over weight loss Rolling Eyes It was just plan mean, but yet most seem to be applauding Rosie and hammering Star? Should we all attack Rosie for her huge crush on Tom Cruise during her entire show, oppps shes gay. And did everyone forget the long stream of office workers who piled into a court room crying about how abusive Rosie was!!! Now I am not a fan of either of these ladies and now I am def not a fan of the View either, they def love to have a public hanging when their done with someone, each time they've "fired" someone its been just like this, ugly. And Barbara Walters can hide behind "she tried to help" till the cows come home, if the world doesnt know she makes the calls on that show there not right bright. Ok I am done bitching Very Happy
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I only watched The View a few times, BUT:

I did find Star funny and smart
I also found her to be shallow and self centred
I liked the chemistry of the women as a group, including Star
I found her weight loss very surprising and wondered how she did it!
I didn't know about her leaving or about Rosie coming on
Sometimes the constant chatter can get irritating
I heard that Star was mean to a former cast member who got fired(didn't catch her name)
I could care less about Star's wedding or any other wedding- Hollywood or anyone - but that's just me!
It's too bad about all of the scandal, but it makes for good conversation. I guess if Star can dish it, she better learn to take it! Laughing
I like Rosie- and am very dissapointed to hear bad things about her, but hey- noone's perfect, certainly not me! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
ps- I think this may be the end of The View.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Maradith is gone, and now Star Jones is leaving too Shock
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm. I only watched it handful of times and found it rather cloying - all the chattering. I don't care for Star Jones OR Rosie O'Donnell. Both are too self-centered for my taste.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |