Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

** Review -- StriVectin HS Serum Deep Wrinkle Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
My #1 concern is the laugh lines that run from the sides of my nose to the tips of my mouth. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Caspers Mum told me “Skin care is not miracle and it can only do so much.” She suggested me look into Restylane. But I’m too scared to do any injection.

Browsing on the internet the end of May and found Strivectin HS Serum Deep Wrinkle Serum. Smile Smile Smile The following is the statement about the HS, instructions and ingredients fromwww.skinstore.com:

StriVectin HS Serum Deep Wrinkle Serum
StriVectin-HS is a unique penetrating formula developed to support the integrity of the Dermal-Epidermal Junction (DEJ) -- the wavy, thin line of cells between the dermis and epidermis, and a critical area in the fight against wrinkles and aging. New research strongly suggests that as we age, the DEJ 'flattens,' reducing overall surface area, weakening the bond between the dermis and epidermis, thus causing the formation of persistent, deep wrinkles. In other words, reducing the appearance of deep, sharp facial wrinkles is tied directly to fostering the structural integrity of the Dermal-Epidermal Junction.

Ingredients:
Water(Aqua), Tripeptide, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Yeast Extract (Faex), PEG-8, Albumen, Polypeptide, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glycereth-26, Arginine, Xanthan Gum, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Q: How do I use StriVectin-HS?
A: You apply StriVectin-HS with your fingertips directly to the most pronounced wrinkles at the corners of the eye, between the brow, around the lips and down the nasolabial folds (the deep lines that run from the edge of your nose to the corners of your mouth). Wait one to three minutes or until the serum becomes dry and slightly tacky to the touch. You must then soak a clean facecloth in hot (not scalding) water (wring out excess water) and hold it firmly to your face for sixty seconds or until the towel cools.

Price: $153 for 0.9 oz.
Texture: Light Gel.
Smell: Alcohol
Package: Brown Color Dropper Glass Bottle

I read the instructions few times make sure I do it correctly. I faithfully used it for over 20 days, twice a day. I almost used up the whole bottle. The towel gets cold fast so I put a dry towel over it. Few times I almost suffocated myself because I pressed the towel hard on my face and I wanted to keep it there for 60 seconds as the instruction said. Anxious Anxious Anxious Lately, it’s about 95+ degree in Southern California. Every time after I used it I have to take another shower. Brick wall Brick wallBrick wall I am very desperate to find something for my laugh lines. I followed the instructions in details. I re-read the instruction every week to make sure I did everything right. And I really expected to see some improvement. Not miracle but a little improvement. Just a little…… Pray Pray Pray

Result: I e-mail skinstore.com for a RMA# to return it. This is the very 1st time I wanted to return a skin care product. I DID NOT SEE ANY IMPROVEMENT AT ALL!! Mad Mad Mad I have my face pictures taken weekly since March. I put my monthly pictures side by side and my laugh lines looked exactly the same.

I guess my laugh lines are hopeless!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Sad and I was so tempted to try this. I'm a sucker for advertising and this sounded so good. Something told me to wait just a little longer...... Exclamation Thanks for the review. Now I'll just skip along into a new search for the next "whatever". Smile
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
The ingredients listed don't look interesting the hydrolyzed proteins only sit on top and make things look better for a short time.

Better to use glycolic/lactic acid mixtures (I make my own but there are plenty of good mixes) and follow this with something healing (O2 serum, CPs, enzyme formula etc.). I have found that peel and heal is the only way to remove deep lines. Also any true line removal is slow. Ove about a year and four months I have removed most lines completely the only real bit left is about 1/2" long on the left side of my mouth and that is breaking up now too.

I also use Tazorac which is a retinoid.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, you prob saved us all a ton of money, it did look interesting.
Melissa
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
StriVectin SD products are now being investigated for a possible class action lawsuit for false advertising..

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble.. But I randomly stumbled on this news while googling.

I was also really keen to try their stretch-mark cream..
Virginiakl
5% products discount

Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
is it true?on the news report?

had tried their stretch mark cream and there seems to be improvement.had bought a 6oz one recently.

though i did heard that it doesn't work that well on wrinkles.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad you posted this for us. I'm desperate to do something about my naso labial lines too. If I'd found this, I would have tried it. The best thing I've found is Frownies, and neither the hubbie or the cat care for these a lot. (The cat waits until I'm asleep and rips them off. Laughing Laughing He's quite the character.)

I'm just going to make an appointment for Restalyne. MACrisis, I'll let you know how it goes, so watch for my post. I think I'm going to do it this month. I've spent so much money on products that I could've already paid for Restalyne several times. I got quoted $500.00 US for one syringe. Does anyone know if this is reasonable?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, had another question: Sharky, how do you make your own mixtures?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
tosca - $500 is reasonable. I am in FL and this is what I paid for the syringe. I got this in my vertical lip lines above my top lip and also in the lip border. The vertical lines looked way less, but not completely gone. But the Resty in the lip border migrated into my bottom lip and it is lumpy and still there (got this in April). HTH.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Really? Did they say why it migrated?? I didn't know it did that. Do you know if it is common? Did you get yours done by a derm or a plastic surgeon. I have access togood doctors in both categories, but I'm not sure which to use.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
tosca - $500 is reasonable. I am in FL and this is what I paid for the syringe. I got this in my vertical lip lines above my top lip and also in the lip border. The vertical lines looked way less, but not completely gone. But the Resty in the lip border migrated into my bottom lip and it is lumpy and still there (got this in April). HTH.

http://www.restylaneusa.com
for Restylane rewards!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks!!! You're so sweet!
ldpbamby

Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Sorry, had another question: Sharky, how do you make your own mixtures?

Sorry to barge in on an old conversation, but I was wondering if sharky ever gave you the mixtures?

I am very interested, as I was led to your sight while investingating strivectin as an option, and sharky sounds like she knows what she's talking about!
Caspers Mum

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:28 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
My #1 concern is the laugh lines that run from the sides of my nose to the tips of my mouth. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Caspers Mum told me “Skin care is not miracle and it can only do so much.” She suggested me look into Restylane. But I’m too scared to do any injection.

... Few times I almost suffocated myself because I pressed the towel hard on my face and I wanted to keep it there for 60 seconds as the instruction said.

Thanks for your review. Please excuse me for laughing, but the image that you've illustrated has my imagination running at mach-10!

Call me a sadist, but I keep seeing an Asian woman, pulling a towel so tightly over her face, hypoxic without oxygen, and exhausted for her beautifying efforts. Laughing

Funny, but not so funny at that price point! I shall hope that Klein-Becker honored it's m.b.g.

Re: fear of injections. Please excuse my non-kosher opinion, but I think it might be time that you "suck it up" (fear), and finally face the injections. Based on our numerous conversations in the past, you're obviously not achieving the results that you desire by using topical products. Sometimes, one has to ... face their fears, dead-on, to achieve their goal.

I understand how debilitating phobias such as needles can be. However, once one faces their fear, most usually laugh at their own silliness & previous phobias.

I say, "Schedule a Girls Day Out with friends for moral support: lunch, cocktails, massages, and Restalyne." By that time, you'd be so relaxed (if not completely GOONED!) that you won't even notice the injection.
Brandi

Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I found this review of the Deep Wrinkle Serum a little to late. I just posted my order 5 minutes ago. I have had pretty good success with the Strivectin-SD on my face and on my stretch marks. It just takes a little time and consistency. I am hoping that the Deep Wrinkle Serum will help me out a bit too! Thanks to all for taking the time to review. I will check back to post my review of the serum. Confused
Rachelwang

Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the sharing.I will try Strivectin-SD, but HS will delete from my order list.
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review.
I have been using StriVectin SD eye cream and it's very suitable for me.
fainajones

Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Well I had also Suffered from Such problem With Strivectin .. Strivectin Sd does not show any effects on wrinkle .. no .. not even a single sign of improvement on wrinkle ..,

I had use it sincerely for a month .. twice a day .. tolerating its bad odor .. but finally i had to throw it off to my dustbin Sad
Selina50

Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I have been desperate to find a cream that will reduce my wrinkles and keep my skin supple and soft. I ordered a kit including Strivectin SD, the eye cream, etc., and loved it, it made my skin moist and smooth, and i love the tingly feeling it gives, but I don't see any reduction in lines or wrinkles, and I've been using it for months, with a short break to try Veralyze, which did nothing and lasted barely 3 wks.
Anyone out there have any recommendations for a decent cream that combats sagging jowls, frown lines, forehead lines, and protect my eyes from further bagging and wrinkles? I'm interested in protection as well as yes, immediate results such as those from Ageraline. Any help would be appreciated, especially one with matryxil, Hualoric Acic and others proven to fight the signs of aging. Thank you! p.s. I am 50.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Selina50 - None of my friends have had any success with the Strivectin products for
decreasing/eliminating wrinkles; however, most
of us use Skin biology copper peptides to decrease
wrinkles and remodel the skin. They have helped
quite a bit but it is a longer process. However, I would also highly recommend facial
exercises or microcurrent for lifting as that helps to decrease wrinkles thru "lifting."
In my aresenal of gadgets I've used the Tua Viso for 3 years and have had great success.
The latest version is Tua Trend. Just turned
"60" so am glad you're starting at 50!
Good luck! DiPhx

Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Selina50,

Have you considered a medical skin care line like Obagi? Find a medi spa that has Obagi, go online on obagi dot c o m and find a medi sp who carries it your area,have a free consult,they will probably recommend the NUderm system, is amazing stuff and you will see instant results, in 3 phases.

The system will contain everything you need from A to Z although you can boost it up at night by adding retinol to one of your night creams ( the blender) that will give it another kick in the butt they explain in more detail the regime at the consult . that is what I do with all my clients...- good luck! Claudia
getproducts
5% products discount

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't use eye serum because once I got a sample of it with my regular purchase of Strivectin SD and didn't like the feeling of it, I found it a bit sticky... I get great results from Strivectin SD on my face, it evens out wrinkles. BUT... there is nothing like fillers. I am pregnant rigt now and do not do BOTOX or fillers until I have a baby, but usually this is what gives you instant results and lasts for a while... I do outer cheeks, and nose lines, and some lips at least once a year. for laughing lines botox works great
BMWBoy

Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have not used the Strivectin but I have gotten a filler. It was Perlane which is from the same company that offers Restylane. I got mine from an MD who runs a medical spa here in my town. Filler is not for the faint at heart and I got it for under my eyes because I had lost some volume there. It did hurt a lot and they did a nerve block for numbing but it still hurt a lot! I did like the results and they lasted for about 4-6 months. I do not regret getting it done but I just wanted to throw it out there that it can be painful even with numbing techniques. I don't think any topical cream can give the volume back to your face that an injection can. I got the syringe of the Perlane for $500. I hope this helps anyone who has any questions about a filler.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I just was reading the reviews on this. This serum was the absolutely the best i have ever used. Im thinking that maybe the bottle of serum was old. I had bought another bottle and it wasnt working at all. Well on the back of the bottle there is a manufacturing date it was actually just a year date stamped on it and it was 3 years old. I wish they still sold it well others do but i wouldnt buy it cause they dont make that product anymore so the ones selling it are selling a very old product that wont work.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing your review..
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |