Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
: : Review : : Rodial Instant Glow Self Tan Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I love this self tan because it gives an instant glowing colour and I can apply it in the morning in stead of moisturiser and foundation. It really makes the skin look great and moisturises while the tan develops. It has a faint fresh smell which fades quickly and the colour develops over two hours. The colour is a natural soft golden tone on my fair skin. It is different from most self tans on the market because it is free from synthetic colours and just contains natural colour from caramel. It also contains pomegranate for it's anti oxidant and firming benefits and it is really a treatment as well as a self tan. My skin looks plumped up with moisture and healthy after a day of using this while normally other self tan products leave it a bit dry. I have tried everything from gradual self tanners to St Tropez and this is by far the best: Great smell, colour and great looking skin. [/code]
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
sounds great, where did you get this? I am so tired of the next day drying from tanners.
Melissa
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Yea, me too, where do you get this product?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Arghh...I need to know as well. Rolling Eyes Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Please let us know how long the tan last for, Smoothskin, and how evenly it wears off? Also, did it make your legs look streaky?

I have read good things about Rodial.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it, but I know that Bliss sells it.... Wink
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine from SpaceNK (www.spacenk.co.uk) and let me warn you that it isn't cheap, but then again the best products rarely are. I find it lasts about a week, but I am paranoid about fading patchy, so apply it again after four or five days. Normally with self tans, I have the dilemma of where to fit it into my daily regime, but with this one it is easy, I just apply this and then that is it.

This is the ingredient list for those of you who are into studying that kind of thing (I certainly am Laughing ): Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Juice, Aqua, Dihydroxyacetone, Propylene Glycol, Ethoxy Diglycol, Cyclomethicone, Cocos Nucifera, Ethylhexyldodecanol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, Caramel, C13-14 isoparaffin, Persea Gratissima (avocado oil), Punica Granatum (pomegranate extract), Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Laureth-7

Actually, looking at that, I am just wandering; is dihydroxyacetone at all related to nail polish remover acetone?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Smoothskin! I looked it up the other day and that's when I found out it wasn't cheap. How did you come across this product? I wonder if I could somehow find a sample. I'd hate to spend that kind of money and then it not work for me, but I'm with you on having a hard time figuring out how to fit a tanner into my routine. The ones I like the best are too glittery or too muddy looking to leave on during the day and at night I want to use my good products for improving my skin. Hmmm Think
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine recommended this product because I told her self tanners tend to leave my skin quite dry. I don't know if they do any samples and wouldn't think so as I have never seen any samples of self tan from any brand. You could always write to the company I guess...
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Update on this review: I have not used it for a while because I have been very lazy with my self tanning. I have been pale as snow for weeks and when I applied this again, several people asked if I had been away somewhere sunny and could hardly believe it when I told them it was self tan. It really is unlike any other self tan on the market.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm highly tempted still, but I must admit that I'm not keen on fake tans with instant colour. It tends to rub off on clothes and bed linen until you shower or bath.

Do you find you have a problem with it doing that?
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
It does not have instant colour to the degree of, for example, St Tropez, it is more of a tinted glow which does not rub off or leave marks. I can even use this in the morning as it has hardly any scent. You would love it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
It's so expensive, but I really think I'm going to have to try it when I have some spare cash. Sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks, Smoothskin. I'll let you know how I get on when I do get the chance to buy some.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this because I'm still dying to try it and would like to know if there are any updates or new users. Also, I see they now have a brazilian tan one that is very dark. I think it would be too dark for my very fair skin but it sure looks great on Giselle (sp?)!

Smoothskin - Do you have to apply this like any other self tanner (moisturize knees/elbows first and immediately wash palms)? Or is it more like a gradual self tan that is more fool proof?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I still haven't managed to try this yet, but do plan to. As soon as I have, I'll post a review. Could take some time, though.

It does sound good. Pity it's so expensive.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
This is not a gradual self tan, in fact, it gives colour straight away and then the tan develops after a few hours. Having said that, I do find this easier to use than for example St Tropez because Rodial is at the same time moisturizing. I have used the Brazilian Tan as well and could not believe how dark it turned on me. I don't even think I could tan that dark natually... However, this product has a rather peculiar iron like smell as it develops and it stays with you the next day even, and the problem with going so much darker was that it did not fade evenly. I am now using my third bottle of the Rodial Gel, and experimenting with the Sisley self tan for the face.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Smoothskin! I was hoping you'd pop in. I see you are also using the Make Believe on your face. Do you prefer it on your face that Rodial? Or were you even using Rodial on your face? I would love to find one product to do it all, face and body, and would like your suggestion based on what all you've tried. Thanks again!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
Thanks for the update Smoothskin! I was hoping you'd pop in. I see you are also using the Make Believe on your face. Do you prefer it on your face that Rodial? Or were you even using Rodial on your face? I would love to find one product to do it all, face and body, and would like your suggestion based on what all you've tried. Thanks again!

Impressed by my recent foray into the World of Makebelieve, I went into Boots at the weekend and bought armfulls of the stuff - including the facial tanner you use at night. I'm not sure whether that's what Smoothskin's using on her face, but I'll be doing a review on it after I've had a chance to put it through its paces. (They also do a similar facial product, with extra skincare ingredients, for winter - I bought that too! Embarassed )
jan marks

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI, we should all be avoiding products with the three "cancer sisters" - Ethyl, Methyl and Butyl. I notice that Rodial has all three ingredients. ugh. There are better self tanners out there that don't contain parabens. Think how the ingredients absorb thru your skin - just like the smoking patches work. Research parabens. :cry: :cry: :cry:
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |