Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Best "natural" lipstick?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently trying to finish up my gazillion lipsticks from MAC, NARS, etc etc.

I'm trying to decide on a natural lipstick. Maybe Jurlique, Dr Hauschka or Lavera? I also saw a line called PeaceKeeper that looked nice. Anyone have any favourites or suggestions?

The only natural one I've tried is Burt's Bees, but, it was so minty and *dry* that I felt like I was walking around with coloured chalk on my mouth instead of a creamy lipstick. This was quite a few years ago, so, hopefully they have changed their formulation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased one of Dr H's Novum lipsticks and really like it. It is light and shimmery, (great for this season), smells fantastic and doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth when I lick my lips. It is also really moisturizing too which is an added bonus. I'm actually really really happy with it. It's been the best lipstick I've tried thus far. I just wish there were more colours and shades. All the lipsticks I've had in the past had such a funny smell and taste to me, not to mention the awful ingredients. I looked at Lavera lipsticks too but their shades all seemed to be kind of pinky but it's hard to tell from catalogues and online. I wish I could see them in real life to decide. Wondered about Jurlique too. I'm also thinking about trying Jane Iredale as well as they have a larger colour selection and are natural as well.
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think I shall go with the Dr. H. I always like supporting the line with purchases Very Happy

BTW, you mention Jane Iredale and I'm currently in the market for a new mineral makeup. I finally used up a Bare Escentuals I had and I think JI is the way to go next. Do you happen to use her products? I'm torn between the loose and pressed minerals or even the liquid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased a JI eyeshadow and lip liner and am just waiting for it to arrive. For almost all my other makeup I use Dr H. Well you already know I use their lipstick but I also use their foundation, loose powder, cover stick, mascara, eyeliner, bronzer and I recently purchased the new concealer to give that a try. I LOVE Dr H cosmetics. Their line has been the best one for my skin. But like I said in my earlier post, JI has more colour options in terms of lipsticks as well as eyeshadows so I'll be introducing more of her stuff as time goes by.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Organic Makeup Company lipstick I got. It did kind of melt or get messed up somehow, so I can only use it with a lip brush or finger now, but it's nice. Bad thing is that they have very few colors and they are all dark. I only like dark lipstick once in a while, certainly not during the day or daily, so I add a little concealer on top of it and it tones it down nicely. Miessence has some nice colors, I'm going to try that next. Also, it looks like Monave has a great range of light, soft and muted type of colors, which I like. I agree it is so hard for any of this makeup to buy online. I need to test it on my hands to see what color it is really on me. I don't feel so worried about lipsticks though cause many different shades can work ok for different occasions. It's really the concealers, foundations and powders that I have the hardest time buying online cause you can't tell at all if it matches.

http://www.monave.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=393&pg=1

http://www.onegrp.com/viewProduct.aspx?SessionID=385443788&itemcode=14216

http://www.onegrp.com/viewProduct.aspx?SessionID=385443788&itemcode=14212

http://www.onegrp.com/viewProduct.aspx?SessionID=385443788&itemcode=14211
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I love those Burts Bees lip shimmers for daytime, especially the rhubarb colour.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
What a good thread.
I too have been starting to look for more natural lipsticks, I can't stand to think of all the lipstick I must end up eating by licking my lips Shock
Whilst I do like the Burt's Bees lipshimmers, they are not lipstick and can look cakey.
I am really interested in the Dr Hauschka lipsticks but the frustrating part is the colour you see on the swatches on the sites is never the same as when you actually wear the lipstick.
I like to test the lipsticks on the back of my hand first to find the right shade.
Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals lipsticks?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I just received my order of Dr. H makeup, and really love it all, esp. the bronzer! The only thing I did not order was lipstick, also because of the limited selection, and being unsure of the colors they did have. Lipstick is just very hard to order online, and is one of the things I can make a mistake with even when I do try it on my hand! Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
BareFaced Minerals do gorgeous tinted lip balms, and they also make Lippies - which are more highly pigmented versions of the balms.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really wear lipstick anymore, prefering natural balms like Aubrey Organics. They make a beautiful sheer berry red and warm chocolate brown that compliment one's own lip color. It's nice to mix the two as well for plummy and congac-ish shades.

When I did where lipstick, I loved Paul Penders because they have a pigment saturated formula that once applied, gives good color for a long while. One can combine the lipsticks with balm for a more sheer effect as well.

I once read somewhere that the average women who wears lipsticks ingests approximately 7lbs. of it throughout her life! There's the argument for natural, girls!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
The regular Dr H lipsticks are SO moisturizing. Not a lot of pigment but not that horrible dry feeling that burt's bees has. Also, lavera and ecco bella are great and have more staying power (not quite as moisturizing.)
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |