Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C, Proheal and Reduced Forhead "elevens"??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the ISC Proheal serum for 5 1/2 weeks now and have really noticed a reduction in my forhead "elevens" (actually, I have one prominent line and one faint line). Could the Proheal possibly be causing this? I have never heard anyone say that using Vitamin C serums reduced their "elevens". What could be causing this? The Vitamin C? The retinol?

I would doubt that it would be the retinol since there is only 1% retinol and I use it during the day so I imagine that a lot of the retinol is deactivated by sunlight. I use Differin every evening and had been getting 70% glycolic acid peels once a month and neither had an effect on my "elevens". It seems odd that Vitamin C would have this effect. Could it be that when I started the Proheal the humidity where I live was 5% and now it is 15%-20% so my skin is just better hydrated? I had a microderm about 2 weeks ago but doubt that that has anything to do with it since I started noticing the reduction in the "elevens" before the microderm.

Most of you probably know that I am skeptical of "it reduced my wrinkles claims" but something is going on here. Even my husband can see the difference! What do you think? Could it be the Vitamin C, the better hydration or my imagination? TIA
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi TheresaL - By the end of winter, I'm usually depressed from gloomy weather, as well as the fact that my skin doesn't look its best (quite crepy despite my best efforts). But when the weather gets more humid, my skin always bounces back! I wouldn't discount the possibility that humidity is playing a part in your diminished lines. But what's also likely is that your treatments are kicking in. Vit.C is supposed to stimulate collagen production, isn't it? And a little bit of retinol goes a long way for me. Differin is a retinoid as well. Plus you've had a peel! I think the stars are all in alignment!!!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks m.april. I am also thinking that it might be a combination of things. IMO mostly the humidity and the Vitamin C. I doubt that the Differin has anything to do with it as I have been using that for 8 years and actually developed the "elevens" during that time. After I finish the Proheal I will probably switch to a plain C or C+E serum so I should be able to tell if the retinol is having an effect. If the retinol is working, I might even try RetinA for that area! I actually had a microderm recently and not a peel, I will not be continuing with the peels or microderm so it will be interesting to see how those were contributing to the condition of my skin. In two months or so our humidity should be back down. So a few months from now I should be better able to say what was causing the reduction in the lines.

I would love it if I could reduce the "elevens"!! I won't do Botox and don't want to use Acetyl Hexapeptide, so I am really hoping that I can reduce these wrinkles some other way!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
My 11s are better now than they were years ago before I started using retinoids and AHAs. And I use Vit.C serum every day. I also use sunscreen faithfully.

I can understand why you don't want to go the Botox route (I've tried it a few times and it works well, but it only lasts about 4 months and is expensive), but why don't you want to use peptides? It seems that many forum members have had success with them.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone's still using the Acetyl Hexapeptide Question

The Cellularskin RX one was such a rave item when I first joined the forum, but there seems little mention of it these days.

I tried it, but personally it only had minimal effects on my 11s and forehead - not enough to justify repurchase.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
m.april the whole acetyl hexapeptide thing just seems too "weird" to me. I don't like the idea of relaxing my muscles that way. It is not necessarily just the acetyl hexapeptide that bothers me, anything that causes this result just seems creepy. I got a sample of Nuxe that has a combination of ingredients that is supposed to have the same muscle relaxing effect and I could not bring myself to use it! I don't have any scientific objections. It is just something personal. I know that others have had success using these products but I would prefer to find an alternative...
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely think your Retinol and C use would help eliminate those lines. Both work to thicken your skin so fine lines could be eliminated. Even a 1% retinol is still going to increase cell turnover. And C increases collagen synthesis so you have firmer skin....

As for peptides - the acetyl hexapeptides, like Relax-A-Line from Celluar Skin Rx, are all over the place now. I don't there is so much talk about them anymore cuz the ingredient is being used in so many products now. (Revlon's BotaFirm, Lancome's Contraxol-D, etc.) Wrinkle relaxers in different forms are here to stay. The vialox (curare like ingredient) that is used in Relax Plus with Vialox and the Browtox is the next step in stronger wrinkle relaxers that are applied topically. Of course, nothing beats injectables like Botox but if you're not into that, these really are viable alternatives (at least for my crow's feet and "11"s).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |