Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Any thoughts on Arbonne anti-aging line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
A co-worker is using it not selling it and says that her skin has improved over the past month. So I was just wondering if any new thoughts came to mind. I did do a search and read the reviews.

Thanks
koprowsk

Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Arbonne's RE line for the past few weeks and I was very surprised to find I like it (a lot). Normally, when a I see a six-step regime, I immediately do a 180, but I decided to give this one a try. Within a week I noticed significant improvement in my rosecea, which was not something I expected. It actually takes a lot less time than I thought it would to go through the six steps.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I recent did had some laser hair removal done and the place I went to REALLY pushed Arbonne stuff. As a result, they really packed me down with samples. Let's see - how to put this.... Ummmm, basically I think its CRAP Shock
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
why do you say that? Just curious
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
They're terribly overpriced, and very low on actives and effectiveness. I think even a line like Avon is more effective.
All in all, it strikes me as a line whose "popularity" is more of a result of the manner in which it is marketted - i.e. largely by women who are trying to make some extra money but who, for one reason or another, cannot or do not work outside the home. The only thing missing is the pink Cadillac Exclamation
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
well thats why they make vanilla and choc ice cream Laughing I have tried samples also also with the line that I use Primivera and its not good but not that bad either. The Thermal Fusion mask is very good and gives good results.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:43 am      Reply with quote
i once knew a girl who said she was an arbonne rep and let me tell you she had the oldest, nastiest looking skin of any 22 year old i have ever met. she was quite unpleasant too. i am kinda repelled by arbonne for this reason. Neutral maybe i will try it one day, since i love experimenting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:57 am      Reply with quote
well I am not a rep and the 2 people that i know that use it are 47 & 49 years old and their skin looks just as good as anyone elses. So the long and short of it is that what works for one person may not work for someone else. Case in point Dr H you either love it to almost cult status or its makes your skin look horrible. But yet Primivera is just like Dr H only less money and more product. The same with OCM. Skin care should be a personal preference and sometimes i feel that this forum is stuck in their own little world of certain products. i to only like certain things but do keep a open mind. Since most of my questions never get responses or if they do its usually with a negative response this will be my last posting her. I will be ending my stay here. Good luck to everyone-Dale
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I truly hope it wasn't as a result of anything I said !

I don't like Arbonne products, but I don't think I'm narrow in my view of skin care stuff at all. I tried many products over the last few years - some of 'em great, some ineffective, some so-so, and some that were really bad.

More than once, I've responded to a member's inquiry about a particular product by saying that what I am currently using works best for ME, but that my overall view of the product in question is that it is pretty damn good, etc. etc.

I don't get it - you asked for an opinion and got it. Clearly, you didn't like what you read. But, you also mention that usually you don't get a response. Sighing...

Please keep in mind that alot of board users seem to ask about something that has been discussed over and over here. I often will post and direct them to search function, which is great btw, rather than repeat something that has been said a zillion times before. Perhaps that's why some of your queries didn't get responses.

All in all, I find the board to be pretty informative and well organized without being doctrinaire. Sorry you disagree. Shrugging...
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
red head--didn't mean to offend you at all of course. but there are some products that people don't like or have a negative reaction to. it doesn't bother me if someone doesn't like what i like. and i never implied arbonne was bad, just the rep threw me off of it. and i by no means, meant you were a rep. and of course people can have good skin no matter what their age and what they use, even cheaper drug store brands.

i agree with katee, this is a great forum, extremely informative with great people. just because people don't agree with what you prefer, doesn't make them narrow minded and negative. all the times i have been here, i haven't read any comments i would construe as being negative. afterall, we're evaluating products and ways to achieve greater skin, not people.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Since most of my questions never get responses or if they do its usually with a negative response this will be my last posting her. I will be ending my stay here. Good luck to everyone-Dale

i think you're being very harsh on the users and the forum members who've responded to this thread. people to give their honest opinion, good and bad. i didn't respond (as i'm sure many others did not) simply because i've never tried Arbonne products -- not to dismiss you. and katee particularly has been *very* helpful to many members (thank you, katee!) so i truly think you're being unfair.

i've tried products here that have been raved about with absolutely diasaterous results and some glorious ones. i've also raved personally about products and people have thought me daft. and i also know if i really want to try something i'll ask opinions but go ahead and try it anyways -- even if everybody seems to not care for it. everyone's skin is different.

i'm just speaking up here because you've had enough posts on this board and i know i've learned a thing or two from you. it would be a shame if you left. but if you do, it really isn't fair to blame the people on this thread, all quite wonderful and giving their honest opinions, for your doing so.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
sorry if i was being a bitch today-(I am completely covered in poison ivy and on alot of meds)but you won't have to worry about my comments anymore. So thanks for all the advice and good luck to all. Dale
Mabsy

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, regardless of this little drama that seems to have somehow started/ended in my absance - I thought I'd put in my 2 cents and say that I love the Arbonne thermal enzyme mask. It is well priced and a fab product. I wasn't a fan of their RE9 range though...

red head - this is a public forum. You ask a question, if people know the answer then they post, if they don't then they don't. That's how it works. I can bet you ANYTHING that if you go through the history of this forum I will have posted more questions that never got responses than you have. If you care about this sort of stuff then a public forum is perhaps not the best place to be on. I seem to recall that we have all discussed this before and explained to you that it is not YOU but that is just the nature of an online forum and diversity of questions http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=69802
sheisha
5% products discount

Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Several of my friends are reps for Arbonne and although I do not use the line, I have tried the samples. These are my thoughts:

The day and night cream are way too rich for my skin. I was told to use very little because they are so concentrated.

I loved the cleanser. It did a good job at removing all my make-up without leaving my face dry. The scent was devine, very citrusy.

I am not sure about the face serum. I think it is supposed to have Vit-C in it, but they do not list %. This made my face sting alot!

The eye cream and toner seemed standard.

just my thoughts....
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the feedback I do appreciate and again I do apologize for my behavior I now covered in poison ivy but off the steroids which really cause bad moods. i still love the Dr h and the primivera but the Arbonne cleanser and serumn are nice as well the Dr h toner still is the best along with primivera
tamifaye
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
This was the first non-drugstore skincare I tried. It did improve my skin's texture, but I wanted something to destroy age spots and lighten my red cheeks (before I knew the cause of the redness). It didn't do that for me. I didn't know much about skincare at the time and so I appreciate that Arbonne caused me to think about what I was putting on my face and start looking at better products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Awww red head - poor you with poison ivy! Two summers back, when we moved into our new house, I wandered face first into an entire patch of poison oak (eeeeek....that's what happens when a city girl starts dancing around in the woods... Bad Grin ). Oh god, I was totally miserable - that is UNTIL the doc put me on steroids!!! OMG I LOVED THEM... I usually resist taking any drugs, but while I was taking the steroids, I absolutely felt like Wonder Woman !!!!
fuzzy
5% products discount

Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
from one red head to another......DON'T WASTE your TIME OR MONEY they are like mary kay push makeup to clog pores and as a side sell "skin care" not very good and high priced .
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
There's a new person at work who I believe sells Arbonne (I can tell from her non-work email address) and I have to say, she has GORGEOUS skin, really radiant and glowing. I'm not sure how old she is...I would say mid to late 40s, though I found out recently she has a 5-year old. I am not particularly interested in Arbonne, as conventional products never work for me, and they seem to be more geared to drier skin. If I was more open-minded, though, seeing her skin would make me want to try the products.

(Now, of course, I dread when she starts trying to sell to people at work. Maybe I can cadge some samples off her, though!)
jillian831
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I have a friend who's been using this for about two months and she swears by it. It's the only stuff she can use that keeps her from breaking out and her skin looks great. In fact I don't even think she uses foundation anymore.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
It's so strange the way different products affect people so differently!

I tried the products in the Arbonne "pup" (sample case the rep sends home with you for a few days). The rep told me they weren't exactly right for my skin (I have oily skin & these were for normal/dry skin), but I should try them anyway. Well, I broke out with the worst cysts within a day and in places where I don't normally break out. It was horrible Crying or Very sad . I didn't even use it the whole 3 days. And the cysts took weeks to go away! Needless to say, I was not thrilled with the products and decided not to try any of the other products.

But I do know people who aren't reps & use it and love it. So it's definitely a case of different strokes...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |