Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review of Athena 7minute face lift
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
samuel
5% products discount

Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to the forum. I am looking for a product that will decrease pore size,nasolabial lines, crow's feet. I have very few wrinkles. I am in my 40's and would like my skin to feel tighter and better looking. I was thinking of trying Athena 7 minute lift. Has anyone tried this product or know of anyone who has tried it. I have had a very difficult time finding any personal reviews other than the one's on their own site.
Thanks
july
5% products discount

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Samuel, I am in my 30's and find that I have some large pores and some wrinkles. Obagi range works wonders if you have the patience to wait 6 weeks before you see any result. Otherwise MD Formulations are very good, I've used them in the past 3 mths and have noticed the my black heads are gone and pores are smaller, p;ess wrinkles and generally my skin glows.
HTH
July
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I would also like to see an EDS member review Athena. This stuff looks amazing. They sell a two day supply, $9. sample on their website, if no one reviews it I may break down and buy the sample.
sart48
5% products discount

Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried that product yet. Am using the Obagi, and like July, it is wonderful. I am into my sixth week and the change in my skin is unbelievable!!! The pores are much, much smaller, eyes are firmer, jawline is firmer and neck is starting to look good too. The uglies, as they call them, are not that bad. I use BE makeup and looks great. Worth every penny.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I've sampled the Athena 7 Minute Lift.
The first time I used it all over my face as per the instructions, and didn't like it at all. It's very thick and hard to spread, rather like putty, and it dries very quickly. Possibly with practise my technique would have improved, but I wasn't tempted to try it this way a second time. It does, however, work quite well to spot treat lines. I have a fine sleep line at the side of one eye and if I apply a pin head sized amount of the product, pushing it into the line, it matts it making it virtually disappear - temporarily, of course. I've tried this over moisturiser, and moisturiser/foundation. Used on the odd line a jar would last a very long time, provided it is well sealed between applications. My samples have dried out, but then I've had them a couple of months.
samuel
5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the replies. I am so glad someone has tried this product. It makes me so mad the way they advertise this product it is like a miracle. I too have ordered samples but probably it is not what I was looking for. I am glad I saved my money.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just emailed them and told them that $17+ for a sample was ridiculous. The money included a $15 coupon off first order. Big Deal. Just charge a small amount without the coupon and 87 cents to mail it. If it is as good as they say it is women and men will be flocking to their web site to buy it. It's a bunch of c...ola.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh, don't even think to try it. It sucked so bad. I had to keep my face straight for 7 minutes, during which time my sons thought there was something wrong that made me look really angry.

Then it did not work! It did not do any lifting. I looked exactly the same. The product felt so thick and it was so hard to apply. I should write a review on this thing.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I went ahead and posted a review on the product review forum. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=224668#224668
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of it a few months back before I started Obagi. I have to say it did what it claimed for me. It completely erased the lines under and around my eyes and the pores on my cheeks were GONE. However, when I smiled after the 7 minutes had passed, the 3 lines under my eyes turned into 6 smaller ones and looked worse than before. I suppose if you didn't move your face all day it would be worth the money, but I would rather keep my facial expressions so I decided to pass. The Obagi on the other hand is working great.
Viviana

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
those of you that have used the obagi, which one of the products did you get?? I'm looking for something that will deal with my wrinkles and age spots... I noticed they have alot of products but there's no way I can afford that, especially on a regular basis... Anyway, just wondering if anyone is using one specific product for wrinkles and if so, which one is it??
Pamela

Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
My first skin care post ever! I bought Athena's 7-minute face lift after trying the samples. I am using other products for long-term effects but wanted something for short-term quick-fix. The samples intriqued me enough to make a full-blown order. After a couple of weeks of experimenting, I have decided I love it. I am 52 and have those lines on both sides of my mouth that have gotten deeper and deeper the last few years. I've been using Frownies on those lines for a few months trying to train those lines to come back out. (Frownies also provide only temporary relief, but long-term it has to help because they are not getting deeper and deeper every night as you sleep because the Frownies bow up slightly during the night and pull the skin out so you're not getting extra line depth because of the way you sleep). Anyway, I put a small amount of Athena's cream in the palm of my hand and wet my brush. I don't have crow's feet so I only use this on the lines around the mouth. I brush the cream (diluted with water from the brush) across the lines and put my eye make-up on. By the time I'm through with my eyes, the Athena is dry and it has smoothed out the lines. Be sure to go across the line with the brush, not up and down the line (that didn't work at all). It seems to work the best on mornings after I wore Frownies to bed, but it still works on other days almost as well. They could do a before and after of my lines that would be awesome. Only problem is it doesn't last long enough. The lines are sinking back in by the end of the workday. I guess it will be great for when I go somewhere special for a few hours. It also has not worked as well on the sinking skin from my mouth going down into my chin (although it does help somewhat). I would recommend Athena to anyone with the same problem I have.
LadieV

Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the Athena 7-Minute Lift. It worked. But I hated it. It made my skin all dry and tight so it felt weird to smile. Then my skin or the product flaked all day. I called the customer line and they said I had inserted too much of the product on my face. So I tried to use less but had no results. And when I used enough for results, it again would flake all day long. There was no middle ground for me.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the whole jar! Mad Tried it twice and it didn't do a scrap of good. In fact, I think it gave my skin more fine lines (temporarily).
dcanup
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Desinda wrote:
If you stick with Obagi and do your regimen, you will have fantastic results by the time you reach week 12! Surprised

Hmmmmmmm..... this is not even an Obagi thread???? Confused
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:37 am      Reply with quote
IMHO this product is a total waste of money. Like most of those "instant" wrinkle removers it doesn't work.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
IMHO this product is a total waste of money. Like most of those "instant" wrinkle removers it doesn't work.

Agree with Keliu total waste of money.
Just want to add that it dries terribly, skin looks dehydrated and dry. If someone can perfect in application of the product, maybe would achieve some positive results, but do not attempt to apply it right before important event and going out, you will ruin your evening.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |