Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Best blemish cover sticks or concealer in your opinion!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
hi,

i'm looking for blemish concealer in the market. i've used bobbi brown creamy concealer before, but it kinda clogged my pores.

Then recently i'm using the blemish stick from clinique, so-so only.
i heard laura mercier concealer is not bad

And advice and opinion..?
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm currently using Benefit's galactic shield & I think it covers & clears up my blemishes really well...the only other ones I've used are from Clinique which I didn't like that much.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I use L'Oreal Air Wear. It's a really light cream that covers well but doesn't look too noticeable or clog pores. I hope L'Oreal never stops making it because then I'll be in trouble!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:05 am      Reply with quote
MAc Pot Concealer Rocks!this concealer doesnt budge if u cry or wipe yr face.. stays the whole day! not good for undereye cos it's thicker n dryer but perfect for blemishes
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I love Dr Huaschka's cover stick. It only comes in one shade so it doesn't work for everyone but I find it reduces the redness and helps heal the blemish quickly while covering it up as well. It's been the best cover stick I've ever tried. They also just came out with a new concealer that I can only find here at EDS. I've just ordered it and am waiting for it to arrive so haven't had time to try it myself but you may want to enquire about it as well.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Presciptive's Flawless Skin Total Protection Concealer SPF25. Creamy powder, apply with concealer brush. I love it. Little bit goes long way.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale's Covercare. Opaque enough to cover red pimples and the associated scars. Smile Budge-proof as well. Just make sure you find the right shade since it's so opaque.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I have to say, I am always on this quest to find a better conceler. My problem, not necessarily staying put, it is covering a blemish. Depends on which stage it is at. Brand new, harder to cover...starting to go away, a little darker....anyone have suggestions on covering blemishes full proof?
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I like neutrogena blemish concelear. I also like BE bisque to cover up bad ones.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Minerals Will Work 4 U. Got it on Ebay. It works for me and my olive skin. One of the VERY FEW I've found that matches me and covers my seborrhea.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome's Blanc Expert Mela-NO Cx concealer - does not clog pores and I use it mainly to hide blemishes. Available only in Asia.

I've tried Mac's pot concealer it clogs my pores and MELTS making my face look cakey, if you're acne-prone like me I'd stay away from cream concealers as they tend to be too heavy. Try liquid concealers but I find most of them don't give enough coverage.

Lancome's Maquicomplete would be most like the one I'm using (mine just has additional whitening properties).

Good luck!
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
wow, thanks guys.

so many different brands were invovled.
Wink
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
jellytot wrote:
MAc Pot Concealer Rocks!this concealer doesnt budge if u cry or wipe yr face.. stays the whole day! not good for undereye cos it's thicker n dryer but perfect for blemishes

That's what I use also. Very Happy
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
hmm...
2 votes on MAC, guess i'll try that one since i'm working for estee lauder companies.
Could take staff purchase.. Very Happy

But guys, i could not find pot concealer
issit a term or the name?
i only found the studio range
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
MTRLB wrote:
hmm...
2 votes on MAC, guess i'll try that one since i'm working for estee lauder companies.
Could take staff purchase.. Very Happy

Lucky you. Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
But remember to use a concealer brush - if you use your fingers your pot will get really dirty - the product really sticks to dust.
MTRLB
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
But remember to use a concealer brush - if you use your fingers your pot will get really dirty - the product really sticks to dust.

oh ok...so its the studio fix concealer.
i'll try that..

issit in the stick form? or the compact type?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
BeneFit's Boi-ng Concealer is very good for concealing blemishes - too thick and dry for under the eyes, though.

Pure Luxe's What Red? Mineral Powder concealer works well at toning down redness.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
MTRLB wrote:
sormuimui wrote:

i'll try that..

It's the one in the pot.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
For covering any blemishes, I really like Revlon Colorstay ... it really does seem to stay put. I just checked out the Revlon website and it looks like they have a Colorstay Blemish Concealer with salicylic acid. The one I have is the regular concealer (which looks exactly the same but doesn't have the salicylic acid), but I see it isn't list on their website any longer. Maybe the only one available now is the blemish concealer. I think I'll definitely try this one when my current one runs out.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
MTRLB wrote:
sormuimui wrote:

i'll try that..

It's in a pot and I also use it with a brush.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15106&PRODUCT_ID=PROD1443
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also like Colorstay for not so bad blemishes. For serious ones, I think the Lancome Waterproof Concealer is the best - Effacernes is the name, I believe.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
How do you ladies get the "color" you need? I mean when pimples are at different stages, you need different colors. Don't know until you need to apply makeup. Do you just keep many different colors on hand and find the one that works, or add lighter, darker powders to conceal?
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
MAC!!! the one that comes in a flat tube that squeezes out..sanitary too :P
volvogal

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I never use concealer, but I find my Laura Mercier oil free foundation layers quite nicely and can basically be used as a concealer. If i put some powder on top, I can hide any imperfection or blemish!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |