Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! with skin care treatments
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
samuel
5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I am in my 40's and need to start on a skin care rejument. I do not know which to pick. Replexion, Rejuvenex, Rejuviinol etc. I do not want to wait 6-12 weeks for a treatment to work, and look horrid during the process. I want both short term and long term results which help with pore size, wrinkle reduction, crow's feet, firmness. Does anyone know of any treatments which have GABA (gamma amino butyric acid) in them that work. Thanks
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Forgive me Samuel ... but what you're looking for doesn't really exist. Laughing

Most things that actually work, unfortunately, take time to work.

Further, if there was one product that "did it all" ... and that worked instantly and continued to work forever ... there would only be that one product ... and there'd be no need for this BB! Laughing

What works for one person, doesn't work for another. What's even worse is that what works for one person at one time of the year ... doesn't always work for that same person all year long.

You have to get to know your skin ... what it needs ... and what things help you achieve what you want to achieve given the peculiarities of your own skin/system.

This all takes time. We don't like that ... but we can't do much about that. Laughing

If you're in your 40's and haven't yet embarked on a skin care regime ... what is it that you think your skin needs now that it didn't need before?

If you tell us a bit more about the shape your skin is in now, we might be able to help you. If you don't have any problems now ... then why change what's obviously working?

As for a product that contains GABA ... sorry ... I don't know of one.

Good luck

Mary

5% products discount

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Mary apparently I did not have the above problems when I was younger therefore I did not need anti-wrinkle, anti-aging products. I already know that people are different and therefore skins are different. I do not know if you have done any research on these products but there are a ton of them out there with claims and reviews of a instant difference within minutes and when regulary used you will see a long term difference and none are cheap. I wanted to find out if any of these claims are true. Along with the above mentioned there is also AlphaDerma CE, Athena 7 minute lift etc. All of these claim short and long term benefits with continued use. I just thought that is what this forum is for to try to find out which products have worked for people.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to the search for the Holy Grail. Smile

Sadly, as Mary has stated what works for one may not work for another. I do not have sensitive skin. I can try just about anything out there without adverse reaction. Others even look at certain types of products and break out in hives!

GABA products can give you short-termed effects. But - it isn't something you would use on your entire face. For example, I make my own GABA serum. But I only use it on my '11's. Freeze 24/7 is the 1st GABA product that pops into mind. But my experience with it was that it was a total waste of money. Others love it.

You will find MANY helpful people here and 1000's of posts available for searching.

Most men I know, my hubby included, wash with plain ole bar soap. Then suddenly (he's there now) realize that plain ole bar soap isn't cutting it anymore. So I'm not surprised you really didn't have a routine to speak of prior to this and good for you that you realize this and are willing to make changes.

I think starting off simple would be the best to start with. You can go with a 'line' or mix n match. And remember price isn't always the best indicator that something works.

A good cleanser, toner, eye cream & moisturizer is a good start. I think for a good skin care line that is priced appropriately and works is Pure Skin Formulations. http://www.psfskincare.com/

Oh, in my opinion a DMAE serum would be a better option for overall firming than GABA. Again - that's only my opinion & experience.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your comments Candy. I was thinking about Free 24/7 but decided not to purchase it. I am thinking about Dr. Hauschka firming skin mask and Skinceuticals firming face cream. By the way I am a female!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
samuel wrote:
Thanks for your comments Candy. I was thinking about Free 24/7 but decided not to purchase it. I am thinking about Dr. Hauschka firming skin mask and Skinceuticals firming face cream. By the way I am a female!

Embarassed OMG - I am soooo sorry. That'll teach me to make assumptions simply from a name. Embarassed

Can't comment on either of those products as I haven't used them.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Freeze 24/7 did absolutely nothing for me, either.

I've had much better results with either AlphaDerma CE, PSF's Browtox and, the one I'm currently trying, Relax-a-Line.

For firmness, products containing DMAE are often good. AlphaDerma CE helped me with this too.
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Samuel, Anti-aging skin care does take time but you will see effects if you can keep to a good regime. I use a layering technique with different rejuvenation products to combat fine lines and wrinkles, firming, age spots, etc.

It has taken a while but I have had good results. (Turning back the the time clock would be a perfect solution but alas, not possible!)

The sooner you start the more you will thank yourself in the years to come! Now that I'm 50, I only wish that I had started when I was your age...

5% products discount

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your replies. Candy no need to apologize. I picked the wrong user name. I need to change it but the system will not let me. If anyone knows how please tell me. I did not think a name would make a difference but it does on this forum. I certainly can understand why.
Now I want to try AlphaDerma CE but I am scared to because of Argireline. There is a concern that it may cause sagging in the long run.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi samuel!

I like Ice Elements. If you are in the states, there is a sale coming up in a couple of days on hsn.com.

The basic anti-aging kit would help with the problems that you are having, and while you may see some immediate results it will take a while to see the total package.

Serious Skin Care sells a product with GABBA in it that some people rave about, particularly due to its low price in comparison with other products in other lines with this ingredient. I cannot speak to its effectiveness or ineffectiveness, however, as I have never used it.... however if your heart is set on GABBA and you live in the states you can purchase it on hsn.com with a 30 day money back guarantee... This won't be long enough to see the long term results but at least you would have a chance to try it and see what it can do for you in the short run.

Serious Skin Care also sells a reverse lift line that people do rave about. In fact, one of the models on hsn for this product line had such an improvement after using the line exclusively for some time was able to go back to her previous modeling job as she no longer had the sagging skin on her jaw line and neck area that was holding her back. Again I cannot personally vouch for the line, but it apparantly does work well for some.

If Janson Beckett is something that you want to try, I would suggest picking up the sample pack that they sell so that you can give yourself a trial before springing for the full sized items. There are several that love this line and some that do not.

The best advise that I could give you is to start slowly with one product line at a time and give the products that you choose ample time to work, a minimum of 28 days in my opinion.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
samuel wrote:
I am thinking about Dr. Hauschka firming skin mask

I LOVE this mask!! Makes my skin glow! Very hydrating.
samuel
5% products discount

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Bosoxy thanks for the info. on Ice elements and serious skin care lines. I do not have to have a product with GABA. I am also o.k. with DMAE. I am just leary of Argireline. Boy so much to choose from!
samuel
5% products discount

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda great to hear that! I hope the mask has a firming effect on my skin. I am not sure that I did the right thing ordering the product. I have noticed that many young people like you use the line and they have very different skin issues than me. I hope it does not dry out my skin. Thanks for your input!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
samuel wrote:
Lucinda great to hear that! I hope the mask has a firming effect on my skin. I am not sure that I did the right thing ordering the product. I have noticed that many young people like you use the line and they have very different skin issues than me. I hope it does not dry out my skin. Thanks for your input!

It definitely won't dry out your skin! It is quite a rich mask. I use it when my skin is dehydrated and/or looking dull. I believe you can leave the Dr H mask's on for a long time. I think some people leave the firming mask on over night. I think you will really love this mask. My mum also uses it and loves it. I recommend using an exfoliating mask/treatment before you put this mask on. I find it more effective. Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:22 am      Reply with quote
You can actually spot treat the areas of concern (forehead, 11's, naso-labial lines, crow's feet) with Argireline products. More economical too! Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:23 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Now I want to try AlphaDerma CE but I am scared to because of Argireline. There is a concern that it may cause sagging in the long run.

Hi Samuel, I really wouldn't worry about sagging. I reckon most of us here have tried Argireline over the years and you'd sure as hell hear about it if any one of us were sagging now. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |