Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Crest Whitestrips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Do crest Whitestrips WORK? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the original Crest Whitestrips (14 days). I couldn't make it past a week. It made my gums so sensitive. Sad
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really not surprised, Yen- dentists say that you should only get the dentist's whitening done because of gum sensitivity to whitening product!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I tried these a while back, but I noticed a SLIGHT brightening.

If I had $800 to spare (yeah right!) I'd like to get the procedure done in the dentist's office ... the one where they laser your teeth?

I see the EDS is selling Gosmile. Has anyone tried that?
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea38 wrote:
I'm really not surprised, Yen- dentists say that you should only get the dentist's whitening done because of gum sensitivity to whitening product!

Are you planning to try it? I didn't feel totally bad when I tried it (aside from the sensitive gums). They offered a money back guarantee and I got my money back (less the taxes). I notice now they have 10 days and 3 day strips. I can only imagine how strong those strips are. Sad
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
check out this thread

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4513&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=teeth&start=25

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:44 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried both crest and goSMILE? how do they compare?
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I've tried all the crest strips (original, premium & renewal). I think it was only the renewal that had a larger bottom strip, which I liked much better. (I always thought it was such a waste having such a small bottom strip that never covered all the teeth & easily slipped off). I prefer the Renewal best of the Crest whitestrips. BTW, there's a $7 off coupon for these on the free sample thread, not sure if it's just for Cdns. I've also used the Rembrandt whitening strips. They work well too, but they're very thick (they mold around your teeth & forget about trying to talk with these babies on!), and they cover more teeth than the Crest ones. I just orderd the GoSmile, so I'll be able to compare it to the others in a few weeks. HTH.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I use Crest White strips. I have tried many others (have not tried Gosmile), but they seem to work for me. Funny thing is, I can not use them on my bottom teeth. Way to sensitive. I do use them on the top daily, and I do notice a huge improvement in the color of my teeth. I can not do the dentist bleeching trays either, otherwise I could not eat or drink for a month.....way to sensitive
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
To Yen;

I have been considering buying Crest strips for a long time- but was waiting to get some feedback before I spent $60 + tax! All I know -but for your experience - is that they are pushed or I should say "plugged" alot on the show: "What Not to Wear".... not much to go on.. But thanks for sharing your experience- I apreciate it. I think I'll wait until I can afford to get it done at the dentist.

To Moonstar:

I called around to different dentists and yes it is $800!!!!! Shock , but one dentist (recept) said that if you get the "trays to take home it was only $400! Not nearly as bad. You a should call around and ask if there is a deal like that in your area...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I use the Crest strips but only once a day because my gums get sore. I think they work a bit- not great but better than nothing.

I do have a warning though. Don't drink red wine while you are using them because it turns your teeth a horrid, dull grey....

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the Crest White strips and nearly burned my gums right off my teeth. Ouch! My gums are way too sensitive to use them which is too bad because I've heard others who actually liked using them. What I found works well is to make my own paste of hydrogen peroxide, salt, and baking soda. I keep it on for a couple of mins and then brush off and rinse well. I can handle doing this treatment every now and then without having any soreness or redness in my gums.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've used gosmile and they really go a long ways. Very effective with only a couple or few uses, therefore, I buy the "refill" pack with 15 single use vials. The first 10 days or so, I use it 3 times. Then, I just use it once about every 10 weeks.
Also, carekate has a very simple DIY recipe for teeth whitening, which is probably posted somewhere on this board. Contains GlyOxide.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just a quick update:
I've only used the GoSmile 3 times (1 1/2 days) & today DH noticed that my teeth looked so much whiter! (He's never mentioned that when I used any of the whitening strips!) Can't wait to see what results I get from the full 7 days!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
kls, did you experience any sensitivity with the GoSmile?
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I have tried premium one, and did not notice any huge improvement if any. plus it made my bottem teeth so senstive for 3 days that I had trouble sleeping. not sure if I will try it again.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
kls, did you experience any sensitivity with the GoSmile?

Hi Yen
No, I haven't had any sensitivity whatsoever, but I'm only starting the 3rd day now. GoSmile claims that it doesn't cause teeth to become sensitive.
Sounds like you're quite sensitive to a lot of those strips, I'll let you know how I think GoSmile compares to those in that respect. So far I'm really impressed with the whitening, way better than anything else I've tried up to this point (and like I said, I'm only on day 3!)
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
kls,

Yeah, I do have pretty sensitive teeth/gums.

Please let me know how things go. Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I tried these...my FIL (who is a dentist) game me a box for free from his office. I made it a week...but it wasn't my gums, it was my teeth that got super sensitive.
I couldn't eat anything too cold.
So I stopped them and the sensitivity went away (thankfully).
BUT...they did work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I got one vial as a sample from EDS a few months ago, which was a good way for me to see if I liked how they worked.
Paris- do you remember how many days it took for your teeth to get sensitive? I'm on day 4 & everything is fine.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I know it was definately after a week, I don't remember the exact number of days.
But i have somewhat weak tooth enamel, so not everyone (thank goodness) will experience sensitivity.

I hope they work for you!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Actually - they worked pretty well for me. But I do notice that instead of the "bright" white color that comes with professional ($500) whitening, the color is a kind of almost creamy white. Still better than ugly old yellow though!
For the first week I used it twice a day like the instructions said, and my gums got sooooo sore (i have very sensitive gums/teeth) so I started using it once every second day and it still helped. I would say it's worth it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
crest white strips worked for me at first, but later my gums developed a sensitivity to them. i think they sell the ones for more senstive gums for now. my sister had the same problem and she bought the ones made by rembrandt i believe and they worked great for her.
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
she bought the ones made by rembrandt i believe and they worked great for her.

I thought they worked good too, but don't trying talking while you have them on! Laughing
soobeeoz
5% products discount

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
My husband is on day two of using the Crest White Strips Premium. Other than dry lips following the first application, he's experienced no problems so far. I'll update at week's end.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |