Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review : REN Acacia Blossom Lip Honey
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Texture : thick, creamy and buttery. It is more of a cream than a balm. Due to the thick texture, I have to rub it in a few times to make it disappear on lips.

Scent : a faint fruity smell that's hardly noticeable on my lips.

Packaging : Similar to Dr. Hauschka which is in a glass jar, which i don't have a problem with.

Price : in UK £6.50/7ml.

Ingredients : Ricinus communis (castor oil), Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Cera Alba (beeswax), Mel (acacia honey), Cyclopentasiloxane (source silicon), Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Behenate (source Rape Seed oil), Rose Canina (rosehip seed oil), Caprylic, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit seed extract), Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Parfum (100% natural), Calendula Extract, Tocopherol (Vit E), Linalool, Limonene

Verdict : This is quickly becoming a HG lip balm for me, replacing my other favorite Dr Hauschka Lip Balm (the pot one) and Weleda Everon Lip Balm (the stick)

When I put this on, i find that i don't reapply it as often as i do my other balms cos i noticed my lips are still well moisturised even hours after application. Also, I like it for its rich gooey texture and making my lips creamy soft and shiny, though some of you may not like this and i suggest to apply a thin layer first. It is very moisturising and the pot will last me a good 3-4 months as I don't need to reapply every so often.

A definite re-purchase for me !

Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Sounds perfect for me. And a great little item to buy during the REN GWP offers at my local House of Fraser! Very Happy
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Lat me know when you have tried this
Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Certainly will do - although it won't be until the next GWP offer at the HoF. (I love those!)
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh what's a GWP offer at House of Fraser?

They shut down my beloved Barkers but I could go into town..

Hubby is addicted to this lip balm. I also had a pot and quite liked it (well anything is better than most petroleum based stuff)

But as part of my ongoing drive to only have a few products (hubby has far more than I do), am rubbing a dab of aloe vera gel on my lips at night..and they've never been softer!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
GWP = Gift With Purchase, Daisy. Very Happy

Occasionally, House of Fraser stores that stock REN products have special offers, where you receive a gift when you buy 2 or more products. The last one I got contained 30ml Rose Otto Bath Oil, 30ml Rose Otto Shower Gel and 30ml Rose Body Lotion. Very nice! Very Happy

So I usually wait until there's such an offer on before buying my REN goodies.

It's best if you ask the REN Sales Assistant to sign you up to be informed of any special events. Sometimes they do free facials if you buy a product, etc, too. Well worth doing.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I've never seen REN at my local House of Fraser - bummer! I got a travel kit of REN products recently as I was going away for a few days and have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the face creams in there (nothing wrong with them, they just didn't wow me - I think I'm spoiled now from using ISC and Organic Pharmacy) but loooved the body wash (Sage and Seaweed I think ?) and lotion. I would definitely get these in the full sizes, and am now eyeing up the Rose body wash too as it's much less pricey than Organic Pharmacy Smile .
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Ah, fifi, the rose stuff smells unbelievable. You'll be hooked, I bet. Very Happy
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
That's it, as soon as my supply of Molton Brown heavenly gingerlily (my current fave!) starts to get low, the rose will be my next purchase!
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh the Rose scent is just heavenly! You must try this Fifi Laughing

I especially love the Rose Otto Bath Oil. I live in a humid climate in Asia and need a heavy duty body wash, so I found the Shower Gel is too slippery and "mild" for me. But i am sure it would be great for those who have dry skin or experience winter.

Another love is the Guerande Salt Exfoliating Balm. Very gentle, you can use it every day. Makes my skin super soft and yet effectively exfoliates. Too bad it's rather expensive Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |