Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Clothes Shopping
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
So I bought a bunch of clothes today since summer is here (a little late, I know) - I have this habit when I buy new clothes, when I come home I try it all on again and see whether or not I really like what I bought. I'm currently questioning a few pieces. But I'll wait until my SO comes home so I can model it for him and get his opinion.

Does anyone else have a similar habit or have you always been automatically content with what you bought in the store?
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I do something similar. I do it because I hate trying on clothes in stores. I refuse to try on anything besides jeans or dresses. So I pick out everything I like, take it home, try on pieces with some items I have at home, the shoes I plan to wear with an outfit, etc. Then I always figure if it doesn't work out or I don't like it, I can bring it back. Usually I end up keeping most things though!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I don't do that because most of the time I find clothes too expensive unless they're on sale. And if they're on sale there's usually not refund or exchange so I try them out at the store. And if something is expensive but I just HAVE to have it I'll try it on a billion times and decide - usually when I get home I'm too excited and I'll wear my new clothes the next day. I'm also too lazy to go back and forth to return stuff.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Well tried everything on again - and will be returning 2 items. It's really nice to have my SO's opinion on clothes I'm not too sure on! Very Happy
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I try stuff at the store sometimes, but, other times due to time constraints or laziness, I'll just bring it home.

I like seeing what shoes goes with what etc. I don't return clothes to often though.

Also, I *hate* shopping with other people. I am a solo shopper and do my best shopping by myself. I don't seem to find or like or buy anything when I'm with other people!
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I just try to spend more time in the fitting room at stores and think twice before I buy any clothes. The thinking twice part has always helped me -- I like most of the stuff I bought and never once regret not buying anything Smile.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I went through a stage where almost EVERYTHING I bought I ended up returning to the store-- clothes, shoes, purses, EVERYTHING. I don't know why, but as soon as I left the store, I started having second thoughts and regretting making the purchase. (Any psychologists out there?) I got tired of making returns (and feeling like an indecisive idiot), so I decided that I was only going to buy things that really "WOWED" me. Now I only buy things that I try on and I really LOVE. I've found that if I buy something that I just LIKE, it ends up sitting in my closet. Whatever I'm trying on has to fit properly, look flattering, and has to have something "special" about it. Even if it's just a simple piece, it has to call out to me: "Take me home with you" before I'll even consider purchasing it. I've learned this the hard way. The Goodwill Store donation station has reaped the rewards of my many past mistakes. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like ordering online as I can then get loads of nice stuff. try it out and then send back the stuff I don't like. But I do buy a lot of stuff at sample sales so don't have that option.

I'm a solo shopper too. I'm like a missile, very mission orientated. I have never understood that shopping with friends for a day out business.
Although hubby is good to go with (though he never liks anything)
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:
I'm a solo shopper too. I'm like a missile, very mission orientated. I have never understood that shopping with friends for a day out business.
Although hubby is good to go with (though he never liks anything)

I like shopping alone as well. I just find it much easier to focus.. I dont' know, maybe I'm just weird, lol Wink .

However, whenever the SO is with me, he seems to be no help! he'll either say he likes it, or 'its up to you', or no feedback at all. Then again, I do always question (or second guess) my choices for a while before I decide to purchase them Embarassed .
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I usually don't return too much. I do try things on in the store and sometimes when I come home, I decide I don't love it, but I don't return it and it sits in my closet until I give it away to charity. I don't know why, but I guess returning clothes just seems like a big hassle! (although I will the odd time return makeup, etc.).

That's so funny about the modelling for your SO. I do that too. Actually he does it for me too when he buys something new. It's nice to have that second opinion.

One thing I'm bad about is buying clothes that don't fit right. Like I'll find a great pair of pants that are a little too snug and I'll be like "when I loose 10 lbs these will be perfect!". Well, I have a large part of my closet devoted to the "one day they'll fit" clothes. Of course, to make things easier ... maybe I should just LOOSE those 10 lbs! Easier said than done though! Laughing
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
My friends constantly make fun of me for how often I return clothes, but trying them on in the store just is not the same. I do try them on in the store, but the light is different, I'm not wearing the shoes I want to wear with the dress, the mirrors are weird, I'm not entirely sure, etc. I always bring things home and try them on again, mix and match them with items in my own wardrobe, and then decide whether or not to keep them. I hate returning stuff, but I do it all the time.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I buy and try on at home as well. I just never know what shoes will look good, or I need to stand in front of my own mirror. Plus if I take stuff back, I feel like I shopped a lot and spent less money!
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have that problem a lot! - I like lots of colours in my wardrobe so the problem I have is I don't have a lot of black (black shoes included) so whenever I buy something, I have/need to make sure it matches to the shoes I have .... or just buy another pair of shoes Laughing
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
i do the same thing, but sometimes when i get home and realize how much i spent, then i feel guilty, so i end up just keeping some that i really like, but most of the times i usually keep them all. Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Talking about clothes shopping, I know many people here are into ethical/organic products and one of my favourite sites has just started their sale.

The stuff is really great and good quality. It's a small British company that sells Fair Trade clothing and accessories. The delivery does take a while, but is worth it.

Hope you don't mind if I post the website address for anyone interested - I'm not affiliated with it in any way, but just really like some of their stuff: http://www.peopletree.co.uk
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I take a long time deciding in the dressing room at the store, and then usually need to think about it again at home. This makes shopping at sample sales really difficult for me (esp if my bf isn't at the sale with me) because they don't allow returns. I was at a Diane Von Furstenberg sample sale and because it was such a madhouse, they were having people go into the dressing room (communal) 18 at a time with a 10 item/10 minute limit. I ended up standing in line twice - once to narrow my choices down to 3 items, and again to make a final decision. (I bought 2 tops)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Oh, natsumi, I love DVF! Her dresses are amazing and so flattering.

Wish I could go to one of her sample sales. I know they sometimes have them in London, but it's always during the week, which is impossible for me.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I am obsessive about trying clothes on before I buy, I hate the bother of having to return items or change for another size.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
A thing I have been doing that makes me stop just randomly buying clothes is this:

First, if I like something, I pick it up and carry it around the store with me while I continue to browse. Then when I'm finished, I rethink the item(s) I'm holding. I don't know why, but carrying whatever it is around with me really helps me decide (and usually decide Against the item).

The second is this: The "I can't stop thinking about it" policy. Sometimes I'll see something and either I won't want to fork over the cash at the time; it doesn't feel like a justified expense, etc. One of my pet peeves is to fall in love with something, then when I finally get around to buying it, it's gone! And I pine and pine for it. So as a preventative measure, I have implemented the ICSTAI policy. If I decide against something, then find myself daydreaming about it at work, home, in the car, at the movies, etc...then I allow myself to go back after it, asap. Within reason.

Smile
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
A thing I have been doing that makes me stop just randomly buying clothes is this:

First, if I like something, I pick it up and carry it around the store with me while I continue to browse. Then when I'm finished, I rethink the item(s) I'm holding. I don't know why, but carrying whatever it is around with me really helps me decide (and usually decide Against the item).

The second is this: The "I can't stop thinking about it" policy. Sometimes I'll see something and either I won't want to fork over the cash at the time; it doesn't feel like a justified expense, etc. One of my pet peeves is to fall in love with something, then when I finally get around to buying it, it's gone! And I pine and pine for it. So as a preventative measure, I have implemented the ICSTAI policy. If I decide against something, then find myself daydreaming about it at work, home, in the car, at the movies, etc...then I allow myself to go back after it, asap. Within reason.

Smile
Olyn, I have the same ICSTAI syndrome - only that it happens too frequently Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Especially in this season of sales all over the place * sigh *

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:

One thing I'm bad about is buying clothes that don't fit right. Like I'll find a great pair of pants that are a little too snug and I'll be like "when I loose 10 lbs these will be perfect!". Well, I have a large part of my closet devoted to the "one day they'll fit" clothes. Of course, to make things easier ... maybe I should just LOOSE those 10 lbs! Easier said than done though! Laughing

OMG I totally relate to this...

If I have to choose between an item that is either a tad too tight or too loose, I always choose the former. Cause I always promise myself I will lose those extra kilos, and refuse to believe that i might gain a few extras instead.

I think 1/4 of my wardrobe consist of "one day they'll fits" LOL
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |