Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::REVIEW:: Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Ok, this is probably like the 5th review done on JB apple peel but I said I would write one from the "refining pores" thread.
I received my apple peel on Wednesday - my first time using it and tonight I have used it a second time.
Before I start I also want to mention since I've found EDS I've ordered and have been using a completely new skincare regime which goes as follows:

AM:
Jurlique Face Wash Cream
Clarins Toning Lotion w/Iris (going to try Yonka's toner after this one)
Decleor's Ylang Ylang Oil
PSF O2 (I use this after my oil because it's good to SET the oil - I used to use Evian)
Lancome Sensation Totale (using this up)
Yonka Juvenil/Creme 15
Makeup

PM:
Dermologica Pre-Cleanse + Clarins Purifying Gel Cleanser (using this up before I buy a new gel cleanser)
Same toner as above
Ylang Ylang oil
PSF O2
Clarins Brightening Serum (going to try something else after this as well)
Juvenil/Creme 15
Decleor Balm - alternate btwn Ylang Ylang and Essential

2x a week:
JB Apple Peel
Jurlique's Moor Purifying Mask
(going to add PSF Acne Mud Mask when it gets here next week)

Now I can start my review:
After 1st Use:
I left on for 10-15 minutes, my forehead got slightly red, which subsided after I put on my toner. It tingled on some of my acne spots which is normal. I forgot to check how my pore size was. Generally my overall skin tone got brighter and healthier - I can't say this is due to the apple peel because I've been using so many new things. My skin condition right now is slightly purging I can tell from my Juvenil and my balms which is a good thing (I hope).

After 2nd usage:
I left on for 15 minutes, as I am purging my acne quickly comes to head from using Juvenil so I have been picking. It tingled less than the 1st usage but still tingled on my cheeks nonetheless. Nothing uncomfortable - it's nice to feel it's working. I didn't get red on my forehead but got slightly red on a few patches on my cheeks - I can say that this is due to the picking of the acne and not that my skin is reacting to it. I looked at my face closely this time and I noticed the pores around my nose were almost invisible Shock But then I noticed them refining before I started on the JB apple peel with just my Decleor oil + balms. The pores are visible in the areas where I'm purging, they did not decrease after my use of the peel - which is normal since I'm purging so the gunk isn't completely out of my pores yet and probably even at the surface making them larger than they would be. But I can tell that the pores on my nose are more refined as well. The redness subsided significantly during my washing the peel off and subsided completely after my toner. I can't believe how bright my complexion looks right now, I'm really amazed. Apart from my purging, my skin has never looked better (the parts w/o the acne of course Very Happy ). If I didn't have acne I would never even touch my makeup again, and I've never ever felt this way about my skin!

Overall my skin feels healthy, I don't feel bad about the purging at all, in fact I'm confident that hopefully it will subside and I will end up having the most beautiful skin I've ever had since the start of my teenage years. My glow and brightness I can't say is due to JB alone but I'm sure JB has definitely contributed to it (this is why I wanted to write down my regime as all those products have helped). I haven't used JB enough to conclude whether it helped with my acne scars/marks - these probably take a much longer time than obtaining an overall healthier complexion. I will continue to update my next couple uses to show the continued improvement of this product.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Update - 3rd Use:
No redness at all this time and again my face felt a lot brighter after I washed it off. I left it on for probably 20 min as I wasn't watching the time (I was reading EDS instead!)
I still don't see any fading of my acne marks - probably because it's summer and the sun makes them more stubborn. I'm beginning to feel a bit more doubtful if this will do anything for my marks. It did pull up some gunk to the surface and revealed new bumps - lovely, I guess I'm still purging from the Juvenil and new skincare routine - I really wonder how long purging usually lasts. Maybe my skin is just too congested? I did notice my pores got slightly smaller - but this effect doesn't last. I think maybe I'll use this more often so see if I see any significant effects. Anyways my skin feels a lot smoother using this and my regime afterwards also seems to absorb a bit better.

I will update again if I see any significant changes Smile
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your detail review, sormuimui!
autumn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I had really wanted to like this peel. Sears Canada Ontario) has the line now including small sizes of the peel. I paid $8.00 cdn.

I had used it only on my T zone. I am quite oily but sensitive. Within 7-8 minutes I could see redness from where the mask had been applied.

I quickly rinsed it off with warm water. I had a visible red "mask" outline from where the mask had been. I later developed along my jaw line (I had mask there also) whiteheads similar to what I would have from a reaction.

I did take it back to Sears with the receipt and got credit.

It took a few days for the reaction to go away.

I am sure it works well for many but be careful if you are at all sensitive.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of JB for sensitive skin yesterday at Sephora (Toronto), where by the way, it costs CDN$55 for a jar Shock . I totally forgot to pop into Sears and see if they had the small jars for $8.00 Sad

In any case, I tried it out last night. I felt no tingling nor was my skin red like others have reported - I left it on for about 10 minutes. After I rinsed it off, there was a noticable difference in the texture of my skin. It was smooth as a baby's bottom Very Happy

Anya
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
i think i'm going to go for the sensitive one. i can't bear having a 'sick' leave off work if my face has a 'red mask' reaction afterwards Embarassed
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I bought the trial size for regular skin and tried it twice. A little redness after 15 mins but went away in 15 mins as well. Liked the way my skin felt and looked after the peel - felt clear and clean, not dry at all.

At the same time, I was trying out the DIY Aspirin Mask (on different days). I like the Aspirin mask a little better as it leaves my face softer & felt more moisturized (probably due to the honey).
Zanamer
5% products discount

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I bought this after reading all the rave reviews. I didn't experience any tingling while it was on and there was no redness afterwards (mind you, I used to apply prescription tretinoin 0.1% on my face for acne at one point, so my skin is definitely not sensitive). I've used it three times so far and I can't say there is any immediate difference in the texture or feel of my skin. Hopefully, it will start to do it's magic over time.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
i heard it fades acne scars pretty well. hope it'll do it for me too.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Everybody LOVES this stuff. I'm going to have to check it out!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Everybody LOVES this stuff. I'm going to have to check it out!
stef0nie

Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I bought the regular version of the GAP after reading such great reviews, and have experienced the immediate tingling after application and temporary redness after rinse. However, I haven't seen any remarkable fading of acne scars yet. I've been using it a 2-3 times weekly for about a month. Should I just be patient and keep using it? I'd be quite sad if it just didn't work for me. Confused
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
stef0nie wrote:
I bought the regular version of the GAP after reading such great reviews, and have experienced the immediate tingling after application and temporary redness after rinse. However, I haven't seen any remarkable fading of acne scars yet. I've been using it a 2-3 times weekly for about a month. Should I just be patient and keep using it? I'd be quite sad if it just didn't work for me. Confused

GAP didn't really do too much for fading my scars either. But it gave me a nice soft silky skin & a little bit brighter complexion overall. I would suggest you to get a sample of PSF Pumpkin Peel (like $3-4 per sample). See how you like it! I personally love it. I saw some new (red) acne scars fading. The brownish (older) acne scars still there. Granted I used it just once! The results were promising enough to order a full size product - and that's what I just did! Hope to be able to keep londer then a minute next time... just being greedy Embarassed
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
stef0nie wrote:

You should try the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel. The JB Green Apple Peel was good for improving my skin texture but the Neutrogena Peel was better for my scars.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I just got mine today and I'm feeling quite suspicious about it. It came poorly packaged, nothing was sealed. It looks extremely fake to me.

I was wondering if it's suppose to be really creamy, looks exactly like pudding to me.

As well, the sticker on the jar seems to be falling off. What makes me scratch my head the most is that the pictures on the EDS show that the writing giving the description/details is black. The description on my jar is printed in white.

Any way of seeing if it's the real deal?
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Who did you buy it from? I'd say email the vendor right away and express your concern. See if you can do an exchange?

5% products discount

Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine from Ebay and now Im too scared to try it on my face.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Andrew, I don't think your item is fake, I just think that it's old, because it sounds like you are describing the old packaging and I often see the old Juice Beauty products being sold on ebay. it may still be ok to use, I don't know, but I will say that most of the Juice products on ebay are the older packaging, so if the future I would recommend buying them from a place like EDS, Beauty.com, etc. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
shantel wrote:
stef0nie wrote:

GAP didn't really do too much for fading my scars either. But it gave me a nice soft silky skin & a little bit brighter complexion overall. I would suggest you to get a sample of PSF Pumpkin Peel (like $3-4 per sample). See how you like it! I personally love it. I saw some new (red) acne scars fading. The brownish (older) acne scars still there. Granted I used it just once! The results were promising enough to order a full size product - and that's what I just did! Hope to be able to keep londer then a minute next time... just being greedy Embarassed

Shantel, have you continued using the PSF pumpkin peel with continuing good results fading of acne scars? Stef0nie, how about you? Or has anyone else compared GAP with the PSF Pumpkin Peel? I too have scars that I want to fade now that I have a cleansing routine that seems to have calmed my skin down and stopped breakouts.
priscilla
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Andrew,

I bought the Sensitive GAP today from Sephora and mine sounds similar to yours. It was in a box but there was no seal inside the jar, which kind of surprised me, too. The consistency was a lot fluffier than I expected (like pudding, as you mentioned), but I used it tonight and it seemed to work well.

The sticker on mine is on tight, though, and the letters are printed in black text.

I'm not saying yours is perfect because you never know, but just wanted to let you know that the consistency of mine sounds the same and it was from Sephora. Good luck!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Guess I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I just wished the text was printed in black like all the others...would make me feel so much safer.

Oh well...
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I found it so and so. I liked the concept of "organic" but the product just felt like a "burn". Skin was very red afterwards but I didn't see any difference in the skin after the redness faded. I personally had better results (in terms of "glow" factor) with Biomedic Pure Enzyme, Jan Marini SkinZyme, June Jacobs Pumpin Enzyme mask, PSF Pumpkin Enzyme and Eminence Sour Cherry mask.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
You should try the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel. The JB Green Apple Peel was good for improving my skin texture but the Neutrogena Peel was better for my scars.

I've been alternating these two peels. I've seen some improvement in skin texture and scar fading. My skin isn't as dry and flaky anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
You know, I sort of get creative with products depending on my needs, and I came up with a good new use for this stuff. I put it on overnight on my cuticles after applying Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, and sort of rubbed it in to emulsify the two - it makes a good cuticle remover since the acids slough off extra skin (and especially that skin that clings to your actual nail bed). Just wash it off thoroughly in the morning and your nails and cuticles are less raggedy-like. I've also tried putting it on my feet and then wearing cotton socks overnight, to slough off dead skin cells, but I don't think it's as effective at that.

BTW I would never recommend leaving it overnight on your face - I only do this on "tougher" areas of my body, because I'm a freak and I'll put any product anywhere if it suits me. Smile I use foot cream for conditioner and facial cleanser for shaving cream and Jurlique powder for shaving my bikini area and for deodorant, haha. Anyway, just thought some other JB fans might enjoy these other applications - I may also start using this to help prevent ingrown hairs for bikini and underarm shaving, and on my knees and elbows to get rid of rough skin.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
After reading all the rave reviews, I bought this product too... i used it 3 days ago and I must say it was a total disaster for me.

I do find some tingling sensation after the application and nothing much, but when i rinsed it off... my face was in extremely redness that really worried me. I quickly applied my Guerlain SOS Serum, Super Aqua Serum & SOS Cream so as to calm down my skin... and i had to constantly looked in the mirror to see if the redness has subsided. It took more than 2 hours for the redness to subside... I never expected the product to be so strong, especially being an organis skincare brand.

I swear I'll never touch this product again...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |