Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
weight loss and products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
i finally put myself on track again and i'm determined to lose at least 20 lbs. I've been doing sit ups/leg lifts daily and last night i went to the store and bought green tea "fat burner" soft gels with ecgc in 200mg per serving, chromium picolinate and xenedrol in 160mg....too bad i don't know what the later ingredients are..but I saw other green tea pills and none of them even specified the amount of green tea in them. This one has 400mg of green tea extract per pill. Does that sound ok? Also my boyfriend suggested I pick up a natural fiber supplement to regulate my eh hem...body. I bought Konsyl which was twice as much as metamucil but also had twice as much fiber per serving. Next on my list is a nice multivitamin. I have one a day women's laying around but it always got stuck in my throat:/ Along with eating well are there any other suggestions? Any other vitamins that might be good? I've been eyeballing iron supplements as us women lack that as well..

Lastly, i purchased Omega-3 Fish oil. I got Nature made brand...one pill has 1200 mg of fish oil. Can anyone explain all the benefits of fish oil? I know it's good for the skin, but what are all of the benefits? It also says it's good to reduce coronary heart disease. Are there any other brands out there that might be better to try? I'm going to stop rambling now...tia!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding the psyllium laxative you got, make sure you didn't get one that has flavoring to it as thats just extra sugar... I know the orange metamucil tastes better but when I got a look at the carb/sugar content in it I tossed it. Regular is good as psyllium fills you up and prevents the bad carbs from being absorbed too quickly. Another great fiber source is natural pumpkin. Mix it with stevia, cinnamon, its a great snack low in calories and carbs and super high in fiber....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I take L-carnatine it helps with fat absorbtion and Hoodia/cocoa/green tea supplement from Nuetraceuticals science. Hoodia helps combat cravings.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you're getting a proper amount of iodine. I eat 1-2 sheets of nori (seaweed) a day. It supports the thyroid. Don't just take straight iodine, however. You can do harm by having too much in your body.

Also, cut out the things that you might not suspect as being bad for you... table salt. It's mostly sugar. Switch to sea salt.

Cut out sugar entirely. Stevia is a good product, but, I can't stand the taste. I prefer using Agave nectar (instead of honey) or Xylitol (tastes/looks just like sugar and is 100% natural from birch trees and berries.)

Only problem with the Xylitol is that it's VERY expensive and you have to be careful that you don't get a brand that sources the Xylitol from corn.

One more thing... avoid "energy" bars like Luna, PowerBar, etc. They sell the idea of energy and fitness, but, most of them are filled with fat, sugar and are a waste of calories. Have a nice salad or fruit smoothie instead Smile

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi purple!

Go to www.wholehealthmd.com. There is a specific area that goes over weight loss supplements or you can look up the supplements individually.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Agave wrote:
Make sure you're getting a proper amount of iodine. I eat 1-2 sheets of nori (seaweed) a day. It supports the thyroid. Don't just take straight iodine, however. You can do harm by having too much in your body.

Also, cut out the things that you might not suspect as being bad for you... table salt. It's mostly sugar. Switch to sea salt.

Cut out sugar entirely. Stevia is a good product, but, I can't stand the taste. I prefer using Agave nectar (instead of honey) or Xylitol (tastes/looks just like sugar and is 100% natural from birch trees and berries.)

Only problem with the Xylitol is that it's VERY expensive and you have to be careful that you don't get a brand that sources the Xylitol from corn.

One more thing... avoid "energy" bars like Luna, PowerBar, etc. They sell the idea of energy and fitness, but, most of them are filled with fat, sugar and are a waste of calories. Have a nice salad or fruit smoothie instead Smile

Good luck!

I never buy energy bars...for one, they taste disgusting, and im also aware that they are filled with lots of junk. For the most part in general I never add extra salt to what I eat...if anything I have a weakness for pepper. Same thing with ketchup, I always ditch that and go for the mustard.

Thing about cutting all sugars is that I am hypoglucemic (sp?). Perhaps you just mean to stay away from the sweets? Most things in general contain an amount of sugar, which would help me when I'm feeling a bit dizzy. I had a sweetness for soda but i've cut it out completely. Nothing but water and tea unsweetened (but i usually stick to water.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Refined, white sugar is what I was mostly referring to. Xylitol is a form of sugar itself, just not as high glycemic. White processed sugar isn't good for anyone - hypoglycemic or perfectly healthy individual.

I have hypoglycemia myself, I've found that frequent meals (including lots of fruit and smoothies) is the best to help prevent low blood sugar. Also, balancing meals. I always try to mix carbs and protein. I'm sure that information you're already well aware of Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |