Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peel or Products for Super Sensitive Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
asylum23

Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I am looking for a product to use to even out my skin tone. I'm 31, extremely pale, and have super sensitive skin that is acne-prone.
I have tried various M.D. Forte products without any kind of results. I tried the Avon Anew Peel, that worked OK. I recently got the Philosophy Microdelivery Mini Peel Pads, but this product is awful for me. It burns my skin and afterward, it is red for days on end. Also I should add that sunblock has little effect as my face burns very easily.
I was looking at Epidermx but that seems like it may be too harsh. Can anyone recommend something that may have good results, but not burn my skin? Thanks!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't think super sensitive skin should use peel type products. What are you trying to achieve with the peel?

Epidermx was too rough for my sensitive skin so I don't think it would be the product for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have a sensitive skin too as I mentioned in my previous posts. I have used Epidermx before, I know my skin couldnt stand for any microdermabrasion or even exfoliation. So, my advice is you better dont try that.
If you have a really thin skin (as most sensitive skin have), it is better that you do not do any microdermabrasion.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
For exfoliation of super sensitive skin I would recommend the Ice Elements 2 minute miracle exfoliation gel.

Before purchasing, however, I would run over to www.iceelements.com and request a sample. You may also want to run down a list of any particular ingredients that you want to stay away from, just in case, however I have never heard of anyone having a sensitivity problem with this product as it is very gentle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
There's a Sensitive version of Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel. Haven't tried it myself, though, so I don't know whether that might be too harsh for you still.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive skin & at the moment I'm trialing the Caudalie Buffing Cream, which is quite good & not too abrasive or harsh. The only the thing I don't like about it is the overpowering scent.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:19 am      Reply with quote
How about JB apple peel? they are very good too.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin, acne prone, but better thanks to good ole clindamycin, and ordered the pevonia peel after a search of it here. Most of the people loved it and said it was really gentle.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive fair skin and I just recently used the Green Apple Peel for sensitive skin. It was not too strong at all but it did tingle for a bit while on and did leave some redness afterwards which many here have experienced but the results after that were wow. And that was only after the first time. I'm going to use it again tonight to see what happens next. Now I know why everyone raves about this product. You might want to give it a try as it will help diminsh scars and improve skin tone. I also noticed it helped eliminate the look of large pores on my t-zone as well.
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Try Aloette's Enzyme Peel, it's amazing for sensitive skin, will remove dead skin cells, but not cause any of the redness caused by some...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
if you use the green apple peel def use the sensitive version, I do not have sensitive skin and used the full blown version and I have to say it is very strong. I normally am the one saying I felt nothing, did nothing, ect. I could barely stand the 5 minutes much less 20 as alot on here are doing. But I must add I have been using SC .5 ret as well so maybe that made me sensitive. The peel itself is great tho my dead skin just rolled off after I rinsed. My skin was tighter, firmer and smooth as a babys butt as all are saying.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm not really sure about this one Confused I have very sensitive skin & have had no luck with any peels in the past. I really want to try the juice beauty peel & I have *finally* decided to order one...I will let you know how it goes once I get my order Wink

But maybe go to a good beauty therapist & see what they recommend??
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |