Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body skincare -- favorites, suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
karmicarchitect
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm curious as to what everyone uses below the neck (particularly "firming" type products). Has anyone found what's effective for toning up skin after an extreme weightloss? I lost 90 pounds, but the results were bittersweet because my skin didn't exactly snap back into place. My post-fat, post-pregnant tummy looks like it melted lol Embarassed

What I've been using thus far:
DMAE serum (homemade)
VItamin C serum (homemade)
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I use Clarins Body Shaping Cream. My sales told me that for your EXACT condition the remedy is Clarins' Body Firming Cream. I really like Clarins' body products as they are pretty effective imo. Maybe you can give this a try.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
[quote="karmicarchitect"] I lost 90 pounds . . .

Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment! Are you will to share your weight loss strategies/secrets with us?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
My favorite body products are made by Garden Botanika, however I would not hesitate to use the same products on my body that I use on my face.

If it is not too late to get in on the Janson Beckett day cream, that may be something good to use on your problem area... Anything with argirline or DMAE. Also vitamin C taken internally and applied externally... as well as drinking plenty of water.

Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with toning and firming your skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Why on earth would you want to use a product with argirline on your body?!?!?!

Face products really aren't well-suited for bodycare. First of all, they tend to be far more expensive and you have ALOT more territory to cover. But, also, the skin on your body tends to be somewhat tougher and can almost always tolerate higher concentrations of actives.

I purchased the anti-cellulite kit from the Skin Actives site and I really love it. I didn't have much in the way of cellulite to start with, but it has a wonderful firming and smoothing effect and it's alot cheaper than the body products put out by hi end skincare lines.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations on the weight loss Very Happy
This is what is in my bathroom at the moment:

Exfoliation Gloves
Various Soaps
Avon Coconut and Papaya Shower Gel
L'Occitane Honey Hair and Body Gel
J'Adore Body Lotion
Dove Holiday Lotion
Burt's Bees Buttermilk Body Lotion
Boots Botanics Body Lotion

How did I get so many Body Lotions hmm
I just rotate between them all Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
I took the basic DIY DHCC recipe and tweaked it to my liking.

It's now a fabulous body cleanser that I had several cellulite fighting actives. I won't shower without it, and it's a HUGE seller with the gals at work!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
HI Karmicarchitect,

I am interested to know how you could lose 90 POUNDS? It takes how long?

I got to tell my sister about your secret.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes I would love to know your secret too Very Happy
Groans...with the summer I have had a fridge full of beer, ice lollies in the freezer and love eating crisps!! Shock
My SO is no help he encourages me, with the extra pounds I've acumulated my bra size has gone up....it took me a while to figure out why he has been buying me beer!! Laughing

I need a miracle body lotion that will 'slim and firm'!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

It's now a fabulous body cleanser that I had several cellulite fighting actives. I won't shower without it, and it's a HUGE seller with the gals at work!

* OFF to see your website * Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

* OFF to see your website * Laughing

LOL - lemme know whatcha think..

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
She'll end up ordering, for sure. Laughing
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
For my neck I use a home compounded DMAE cream
for everywhere else I love DDF 12.5% Glycolic body lotion. It removed sunspots and made my hands and legs smooth. It is a nice consistency lotion and is well priced at EDS.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |