Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anastasia of Beverly Hills Duo Brow Powder rocks!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Carrie - if you were here right now I would cause a scene because I could kiss you for this! It's fabulous! I can't believe it's sat in my bathroom for this long without me trying it. In my defence, I was happy (or thought I was) with the Clinique powder and with MAC eyeshadow as brow magic. I was wrong! I just binned the Clinique and the MAC will be used as an eyeshadow again...

I got this fab little compact from Carrie a while ago and have been meaning to try it since. It's a cute little silver compact that opens up to show a pan of eyebrow filler in two tones (side by side; one lighter and one darker - I have this in "Brunette" which is the darkest combination I believe) and also has a little mirror for touch-ups. I'm in procrastination mode (too many deadlines at work and I'm just too tired to deal with them today) so I decided to go through my bathroom and try out a few makeup-ey things that I have not yet tried. This is one of them and the other is Annabelle blush (also very good, but must focus now - more on that another day).

I used an angled MAC brush to fill in a few more sparse areas in my brows with the darker shade and then went over the whole brow with the lighter powder (as per instructions). Result? Gorgeous and well-behaved brows. It was really quite a difference, especially given that I have been traveling for a while now and have not had time to get my brows done professionally (so, I've been plucking - did a good job but it's still not the same as a good wax job). I think the Clinique powder was also good but my brows just didn't look as polished with that done. Perhaps the shade was somehow wrong and it just looked a bit too harsh in comparison to this.

If anyone is looking for a brow powder then I can highly recommend this one

ps. Thanks again Carrie - you're a gem!
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh.... I just bought some new brow powder. Do you know if this was a store purchase Mabsy, or did Carrie order it off the net? Sounds lovely! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this product for months and agree with you Mabsy, its wonderful! My brows are sparse and very fair and previously I was using Smashbox in Taupe which was way too dark. Anastasia has the widest range of brow colours out there and I was able to get a "true" Blonde match with Anastasia. I got it at Sephora Sportygirl.

Anya
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks anya - I'll check it out! Very Happy

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm guessing Carrie probably picked this up at Sephora but I am not sure. If you end up trying it then I'd love to hear what you think of it as well Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:54 am      Reply with quote
i have to agree that her powder is the best! Very Happy i use the Strawburn (i think -- it''s hidden away as my brows are a mess and i'm incapable of keeping them neat myself) to add a bit more depth and polish to my already dark brows. it helps them look more *natural* Laughing as i'm currently a red head.

if i remember correctly, carrie's more into the pomade but that may be more for the setting (although they do come in colours). sigh. Anastasia products are simple the best for brows, hands down, even for a klutz like myself. her tweezers are to die for! they may not make you an artiste with your brows, but they can get every single little niggling hair left, even those deep impossible ones. if it wasn't for those, i'm afraid, i would still be unibrow (yes, i'm blessed with that). i have more brows between my brows than most woman have brows. follow that??? Cool

her direct link is: http://anastasia.net/v2/index.php and the best deal is her kits. while a lot of people poo-poo her stencils, they are wonderful for initially getting your brows into a shape. unfortunately, i have no idea where mine are.... Anastasia, here i come!
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
I've never used any brow colour products since my brow is quite dense and neat. I just took a look at their website and I wonder whether their darkest colour (Brunette) is suitable for someone with dark hair/brow/lashes? Would it make me look "softer" or rather, look weird because it's too light?

I'm also interested in their tweezer. I'm currently using (for a few years now) a Japanese tweezer and can't be more happy because it grabs every single hair (even those still hiding in the pore) and I can actually use it to pick out blackheads/whiteheads. Embarassed BUT there's no where I can find it so I have to look for a new brand. Is Anastasia's equally good? And another important question: is there anywhere that ships Anastasia worldwide?

TIA. Razz
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I think I'm going to have to cave in and buy this. Looks like Sephora has the kit on for $75. Quite a big savings! Will let you know what I think. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:

I used an angled MAC brush to fill in a few more sparse areas in my brows with the darker shade and then went over the whole brow with the lighter powder (as per instructions).

Mabsy I am looking for a good eyebrow powder brush. I currently use the Clinique brow powder and use the brushes that come with it. I actually think that they are fairly good brushes but I think that I can find something better. Can you compare the MAC brush to the Clinique ones. Is it a stiff brush? Is it fluffy at all?
BTW I may have to try the Anastasia brow powder. It sounds lovely. I chose the Clinique because the color is perfect for me. Do you think that the Anastasia is better than the Clinique because of the color that works for you or is it way better otherwise? TIA
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
My eyebrows are black but I can't use black brow makeup without looking like a painted lady or Groucho Marx. I only need to fill in a little, but lighter shades always seem to have varying degrees of reddish tones in them, which end up creating a look that resembles men's hair when they dye it -- if you know what I mean -- unnatural. When I was at Sephora a couple of months ago, they weren't well stocked with this product (I think there were only three colors available but I see on their website there are four) and didn't even have all of the testers. Does anyone with black eyebrows use this line and if so, what shade? Do you notice any red undertones? I really need something more grey than brown.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:03 am      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
My eyebrows are black but I can't use black brow makeup without looking like a painted lady or Groucho Marx.... Do you notice any red undertones? I really need something more grey than brown.

quite a few of the woman that work in the salon have very dark hair and brows and they all look fab. there is a makeup artist that works there that is really wonderful and helpful. just ring her up at the beverly hills salon -- Tel: (310)273-3155 or (888)409-BROW -- and i'm sure she'll be able to answer your question. if i remember correctly, *she* has dark hair (no red tone), pale skin, and blue eyes. (and for the record, i think the Medium Ash would be the ticket, but i could be wrong. the best bet is to call. despite the wealth of products, the salon is not that huge and they're really great. do make sure you talk to the resident MUA though. she's usually quiet when they open.) HTH
Mabsy

Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I am pale, have dark brown hair and brown/hazel eyes. I have the darkest shade of the powder duo and that works for me.

TheresaL - I think it is mostly the combination of the two shades. With the Clinique I was using the dark all over. With the Anastasia, I am using the dark to fill in sparse bits (mainly inner eyebrow corners) and then using the light all over. I think it's the combination of the two shades that works for me.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy. I may have to give this a try if I can find some to sample.
m.april wrote:
My eyebrows are black but I can't use black brow makeup without looking like a painted lady or Groucho Marx. I only need to fill in a little, but lighter shades always seem to have varying degrees of reddish tones in them, which end up creating a look that resembles men's hair when they dye it -- if you know what I mean -- unnatural. When I was at Sephora a couple of months ago, they weren't well stocked with this product (I think there were only three colors available but I see on their website there are four) and didn't even have all of the testers. Does anyone with black eyebrows use this line and if so, what shade? Do you notice any red undertones? I really need something more grey than brown.

m.april I have black hair (dyed) and my eyebrows naturally look almost black. I spent a lot of time trying to find a dark brow powder with no red undertones. The one I use is the Clinique in Charcoaled. I am not a big Clinique fan but this eyebrow color is perfect for me and sounds like it would work for you. If I can find the Anastasia in Brunette, I will report back on the undertones.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
FYI -- a friend had Medium Ash and the tones were of a taupe -- more grey than red, but taupe nonetheless. definitely not dark enough for brunettes.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks la vie en rose - Anastasia Medium Ash rings a bell -- I think this is the one I wanted to try but there were none in stock and even the sample was missing. But the display case chart color looked a bit promising.

And thanks TheresaL. - I'll definitley check out the Clinique. I used this brand of eyebrow makeup ages ago for the same reasons, and I think I recall that it came with an angled brush that was nice for more precise application.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
If I am not mistaken qvc sells this or one of the shopping channels so yall might be able to get it cheaper Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |