Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Jan Marini Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I am just getting into this line. I love the bioclear to keep my skin nice and clear, but I am now getting into the transformation serum. I bought this last year and it sat in my medicine cabinet because I didn't see any change from it. I pulled it out last week and began using it again and the results are amazing! Maybe I just needed to get a little older for it to work. Does anyone else have recommendations from this line? I just bought the glycolic body lotion and I'm hoping that helps my KP. I'll post reviews as soon as I get my order!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I use the Boiclear and love it! I can't use it every night though, it'll make my skin very sensitive to the sun.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
What are the ingredients on the Intervention product. I do not see them listed anywhere.
Thanks
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used the Bioglycolic Cleanser, C-ESTA Serum, Bioglycolic Cream, Intervention Cream, and their Antioxidiant Sunscreen SPF 30 (AM) and really like them. About 2 weeks ago I began to use Factor A Plus Mask and really see improvement to my skin.

I gave the same set to my sister-in-law who suffers acne (I gave her C-ESTA Oil control Serum instead the regular one.) since her teen years and her skin has never been better.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have the serum but here are the ingredients for the cream:

Deonized Water, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Emulsifying Wax, Jojoba Oil, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Algae Extract, Red Clover Extract, Glycolipids and Hyaluronic Acid, Tocophersolan, Age Intervention Complex™, Pregnenolone Acetate, Lupin Oil and Wheat Germ Oil Extract, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Estradiol, Butylene Glycol, Copper Ferment, Spirolina Amino Acids, Progesterone, L-Tyrosine, Phenoxyethanol (and) Butylparaben (and) Ethylparaben (and) Propylparaben (and) Methylparaben.

Whew!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
can bioclear be used on teenage skin? i noticed on the jan marini site that it is specifically formulated for "adult acne." my little sis is low on her yonka juvenil and though that has been working wonderfully for her, i am a junkie for trying new things.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
Candy@JM called me back regarded my questions for my daughter (17). She told me JM has a line specially designed for teens and the regular JM line is too strong for teens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
oh cool, thanks, i will look into that.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I used the Bioglycolic lotion. The exfoliation was pretty dramatic and it has an instant tightening effect. I feel it's too strong for summer use and I also wonder whether such sudden tightening is a healthy thing. Might use it again in the winter if I could find out what the tightening's about because it certainly looked good on me.
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
The best JM product is Age Intervention eyelash, the worse is C'esta Serum. Even after one year...no results.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried JM tinted sunscreen? The untinted version has a nice matte finish & I was curious about the tinted one for summer.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
God Marina .....don't do it, especially in Greece.

By all accounts this is one of the most useless sunscreens on the planet. My experience was I got a lovely tan using it just from incidental exposure in a high UV place mind you. Another EDS user (I think it was m.april) who used to use it suffered from serious freckling. People who know about ss ingredients says it's completely unstable.

Nice matt finish yep, but barely protective at all.

Syllie, I'm a little curious. You say the C-ester does nothing for you and I read over in another thread that the CPs do nothing either. These are all proven actives with research behind them. What age group are you, if you don't mind me asking? Only, I remember when I was younger thinking nothing worked for me, but then I don't think there was much improvement to be had at that time. I'm wondering if you're the same.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly. I know it isn't stable. La Roche Posay will be used again along with hats (I hate hats), despite the greasy feel.But so far it's the best I've found. I was thinking of using it over a stable sunscreen, simply for a tinted mosturizer with some added portection. Most tinted moisturizers are greasy or heavy-you don't need that in Greece. The untinted one does have a lovely finish. Did you use the tinted one. I was curious about the color.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Thanks Molly. I know it isn't stable. La Roche Posay will be used again along with hats (I hate hats), despite the greasy feel

That's a relief, I thought you were losing it!

Sorry, I only tried the plain one.

(Not sure about putting unstable things on top of stable - might erode the stablity of the stable thing Confused Question - I'm not an expert, but I'd worry about that.)

I was reading something simple made up mostly of silicones is a good mattifying idea with LRP FE on another board, but I suspect you've examined all the angles.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, i looked up jan marini products at the skinstore.com but they say you need a consultation before purchasing. what does that mean? will i need a doctor's approval or something? and how come we can't even view the prices? eveything seems so top secret with JM!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
You can sign in & view prices on EDS-not sure about skinstore. Consultation means sending an e-mail for advice-nothing to do with doctors. They just want to make sure you're getting the right products for your skin-IS Clinical does the same thing. I just go ahead & order from EDS, never had to consult-by now after everything I've learned from here, I don't need to except to ask about what's in a product. If I need to consult anyone, I come to this forum Smile
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
A question for the Jan Marini users of the Bioclear.

I want to start using this at night in my tzone area. Would it be too much to layer my PSF Retinol 1% over top of this? Do others layer anything similar over top? I just want to make sure I don't totally strip my skin. I'm leary of layering certain ingredients just incase it's too harsh (although I don't have sensitive skin ... it's fairly tough). Thoughts?

Smile
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I don't have the serum but here are the ingredients for the cream:

Deonized Water, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Emulsifying Wax, Jojoba Oil, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Algae Extract, Red Clover Extract, Glycolipids and Hyaluronic Acid, Tocophersolan, Age Intervention Complex™, Pregnenolone Acetate, Lupin Oil and Wheat Germ Oil Extract, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Estradiol, Butylene Glycol, Copper Ferment, Spirolina Amino Acids, Progesterone, L-Tyrosine, Phenoxyethanol (and) Butylparaben (and) Ethylparaben (and) Propylparaben (and) Methylparaben.

Whew!

Progesterone
As in the hormone????
Eeek...and parabens are believed to mimic estrogen in the body...
Is this BC in a bottle? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Paristroika, It's not really surprising though considering the range says:-
Quote:
Age Intervention Face addresses the appearance of aging skin changes by targeting two critical areas: *hormonal levels* and changes associated with cumulative sun exposure

And older women do use estrogen and progesterone creams for their face and take the same as supplements.
I don't think it's dangerous unless it's much higher levels - this is right at the end of the ingredients list.
Though I'm not sure I'd use it if I was young and or wanted to get pregnant or whatever.
Never sure about parabens - I mean they're just specks at the end there and it doesn't concern me, but I wonder why they need 3 kinds.
What does BC mean?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
What does BC mean?

BC = birth control
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone actually tried the serum-I've been eyeing it since perimenopause stage...but no one has ever reviewed it. Confused
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi marina, thanks, i almost forgot to look on EDS, duh me. i am kinda new to EDS and noticed for certain lines, we have to sign in, i didn't know what that was about. i will read up on it, thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 34 and have the cream. I use it no more than 2x a week, and I don't see any negative side affects from it.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
...but what about positive results Skincarefreak? That's what we want to hear. Cool Molly
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:48 am      Reply with quote
used Jan Marini C-ESTA Lips ages ago (when it was one of the few good lip products around) and really liked it ...also the Bioglycolic Facial Lotion was great!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |