Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Japanese skincare lines for sensitive skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Juju--makes sense about their line being less expansive. thanks for checking about the eyes for me, thank you! i checked out their japanese site and they seem to offer a few more products like you said, i even noticed a sunscreen! my travel pack came! am loving it so much Very Happy i have another question for you, do you know what the difference between the moisture replenishing cream and the arouge skin silkening gel? i used the 2 in combo now and the results are luxurious, but i was wondering if i could get away with using just one at a time?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Use both when you need more hydration. You can use only gel in daytime and cream before bedtime.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
thanks lady!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:30 am      Reply with quote
How about SK II, i tried some of their products while ago, never get any allergic reaction. my skin is quite sensitive.
Alix
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Most japanese skincare products contain good amount of alcohol. It's really hard to find ones for sensitive skin.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi:

I am very interested in giving the Arouge line a try. I noticed they do not list the full ingredients list; they only list "key ingredients". Do you know where I can find a full ingredient list? I tried contacting the company through their inquiry page, but for whatever reason, I can not submit the inquiry.

Cheers.

LL
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
LL I am not aware of any place that has the complete ingredient lists online. If you can't contact Arounge then I could type the ingredients for products you are interested in. Let me know what products you are "really" interested in and I will post the ingredients for you. I use the word really because while I don't mind typing ingredient lists it does take a while! Wink
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the offer!

I am really interested in trying Arouge's Delicate Foaming Face Wash, Skin Silkening Gel, and Moisture Replenishing Cream. Thank you for much for your effort!

LL
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Oh! Forgot I also wanted to know about the Makeup Remover.

From experience, do you tend to use the makeup remover before the cleansing foam? Can I use the cleansing foam alone?

LL
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
shiseido and fancl should be pretty good.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Arouge Delicate Foaming Face Wash
Ingredients: Water, TEA-Cocoyl glutamate, butylene glycol, sodium cocoamphoacetate, glycerin, cocamide DEA, pentylene glycol, cerebrosides, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, orza sativa (rice) bran extract, proline, sodium PCA, lauramide DRA, phenoxyehtanol, sodium lactate, sorbitol, xanthan gum.

Arounge Skin Silkening Treatment Gel
Ingredients: Water, butylene glycol, glycerin, pentylene glycol, PEG-20, 6-aminocaproic acid, cerebrosides, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, sodium hyaluronate, squalane, arginine, carbomer, hydrogenated lecithin, phenoxyethanol, tocoperol,xanthan gum.

I will have to see if I have the ingredients for the Moisture Replenishing Cream and the Makeup Remover. I am pretty sure that I have samples of these two and that they list the ingredients but I am not sure.

LL-So far the only product that I have used is the cleansing foam. I used the trial size and it was gentle and did not irritate. I only used this by itself as a morning cleanser. I just use cleansing oil in the evening to cleanse and remove makeup and don't follow that with another cleanser. The "proper" way is to use the Makeup Remover and then follow with the cleansing foam in the evenings and then to use the cleansing form in the mornings. Depending on how much makeup you wear or if you wear sunscreen you might be able to use just the cleansing foam and not the makeup remover in the evening. I never used the cleansing foam in the evening though so I can't say if this would work or not.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for all the info about Arouge. I will definitely try a trial size.

Cheers.

LL
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
thanks for arouge link!
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
skincareaddicted wrote:

TheresaL--duh me, i didn't even see that since my screen is small (on my laptop), i had to scroll all the way to the right Laughing sounds good and the price isn't too bad.

i think i have decided on either arouge or la roche posay. anyone know which one is better for my mom? she is in her 50s, has sensitive skin, and also rosacea--which has been acting up because of the hot summer here in southern cali.

skincareaddicted I almost missed the English part myself!

I don't know which LRP products you are thinking of but let me share my experience with the Toleraine range. The Toleraine Foaming Cleanser is way too drying even for oily skin. I even had my husband try it to see what he thought and he said it felt like he had washed his face twice (he uses soap)!! The Toleraine Fluid is very nice texture wise and is great for oily skin because it absorbs very well. However, I did find that if my skin was feeling even a little irritated the Fluid stung my skin when I applied it. I also have a suspicion that it was clogging my pores and causing more breakouts although this might not be a problem with your mother. I am not using the Fluid now but perhaps in the future I will try it again and see if it causes the same problem.

I am going to order the Arouge travel kit today and request samples. I will let you know how it works with my sensitive/dehydrated/oily skin. If your Mom tries it let us know what she thinks!

LRP Toleraine does the same thing to me! I thought I was crazy after reading so many good reviews of the moisterizing fluid so I tried to use it on 2 separate occasions and ended up having reactions both times Sad ! I am so ordering the Arouge kit now! Thanks for all the great info. everyone Very Happy !!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Dr.Ci:Labo is good for sensitive care too.

http://www.cilabousa.com/en/
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:

Thanks poohisey! This line looks interesting too (I'm going to be so broke this month! Laughing )! Can you remember which products you liked? They seem to have quite a selection.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
jjb wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Thanks poohisey! This line looks interesting too (I'm going to be so broke this month! Laughing )! Can you remember which products you liked? They seem to have quite a selection.

jjb, I had good experience with Dr ci labo too. If you have sensitive skin, Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Sensitive is good to start with. Their red face toner is also good but I don't see these two listed on the US site. Hmmm. I know some japanese sites and taiwanese sites have them but the sites are not in English.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
jjb wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

I like alot of products from them Very Happy . You can asked them for some samples before you make a purchase or buy the trial kit.

Here's a list of stuff that I've tried and like from them:
Ci Water Spray Mist
Super Cleansing Gel
Super Washing Foam
Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Moisture
Aloe Enriched Aqua-Collagen-Gel
Pore White Peel
ECU Brightening Gel Cream
ECU Deep Brightening Mask
Basic Black Blemish Control Gel
Basic Black Blemish Control Soap
Basic Black Blemish Control Moisture Gel

j0g6345, I'm waiting for their Super Sensitive line to be release in US!
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks j0g6345! I'm excited to try it! I just found out that there is a store here that carries both these lines, so I think I'm going to stop by and see if I can try them out!
jjb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
jjb wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

I like alot of products from them Very Happy . You can asked them for some samples before you make a purchase or buy the trial kit.

Ci Water Spray Mist
Super Cleansing Gel
Super Washing Foam
Pore White Peel

Thanks poohlisey! I must've been writing a reply to j0g6345 when your response went up! I'm hoping that they'll have some samples at the store here - the list you gave will really come in handy for that Very Happy .
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
jjb wrote:
poohlisey wrote:
jjb wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Ci Water Spray Mist
Super Cleansing Gel
Super Washing Foam
Pore White Peel

Thanks poohlisey! I must've been writing a reply to j0g6345 when your response went up! I'm hoping that they'll have some samples at the store here - the list you gave will really come in handy for that Very Happy .

jjb, you are welcome and good luck Smile

poohlisey, have you tried their Aqua Sonic and
V-IONICA beauty machines? I wonder if they are useful and worth the price Smile So tempting.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:

jjb, you are welcome and good luck Smile

poohlisey, have you tried their Aqua Sonic and
V-IONICA beauty machines? I wonder if they are useful and worth the price Smile So tempting.

j0g6345, I have to be honest, I wanted to try their Aqua Sonic, but it's waaaay to expensive for my budget. I'm a college student and trying to be a RATIONAL consumer, but always get carry away Embarassed Laughing . Instead of buying Aqua Sonic, I decided to buy another ultrasonic massager.

I bought Ultrasonic Beauty. You can check it out at this website:
http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasonicBeauty/SonicBeauty/Index.shtml

To me, the Ultrasonic Beauty is worth every single penny! I saw a dramatic change in my skin within days. I use it every single day for about 3 months now. There's a lot less breakouts, smoother skin, even complexion, my pore shrink and it also make my skin feel so nice......like my little baby niece skin so I'm super happy with it Very Happy .

I love the machine, hehehe. If you like to get facial massage, I recommend it!

I think Aqua Sonic probably is better since it cost more than 2x the one I got! From my experience using Ci Labo products, their stuff really works as they advertisted it. Surprised
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="poohlisey]j0g6345, I have to be honest, I wanted to try their Aqua Sonic, but it's waaaay to expensive for my budget. I'm a college student and trying to be a RATIONAL consumer, but always get carry away Embarassed Laughing . Instead of buying Aqua Sonic, I decided to buy another ultrasonic massager.

I bought Ultrasonic Beauty. You can check it out at this website:
http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasonicBeauty/SonicBeauty/Index.shtml

To me, the Ultrasonic Beauty is worth every single penny! I saw a dramatic change in my skin within days. I use it every single day for about 3 months now. There's a lot less breakouts, smoother skin, even complexion, my pore shrink and it also make my skin feel so nice......like my little baby niece skin so I'm super happy with it Very Happy .

I love the machine, hehehe. If you like to get facial massage, I recommend it!

I think Aqua Sonic probably is better since it cost more than 2x the one I got! From my experience using Ci Labo products, their stuff really works as they advertisted it. Surprised[/quote]

hey thanks for the great info. The one you got looks quite nice too! Though I am still tempted for the Dr. Ci labo one. Let me check them out. I will let you know which one I get and how it works out Smile

Thanks again. It's so nice to get these useful information.

Jasmine
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've used shiseido d program. this line product for sensitive skin. it just water and silicone
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:

hey thanks for the great info. The one you got looks quite nice too! Though I am still tempted for the Dr. Ci labo one. Let me check them out. I will let you know which one I get and how it works out Smile

Thanks again. It's so nice to get these useful information.

Jasmine

You're welcome! Happy to help out Very Happy .

You can get Ci Labo and tell me all about it. It's my dream machine right now Laughing .
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |