Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Japanese skincare lines for sensitive skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="poohlisey] You're welcome! Happy to help out Very Happy .

You can get Ci Labo and tell me all about it. It's my dream machine right now Laughing .[/quote]

Just checked online. The only difference I see between the one you got and the Dr. Ci labo one is the frequency. Yours is 3Mhz, Dr Ci labo one is 1Mhz. I will keep you posted when I find out more. Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
wave Hi Kristen: if you are still interested, I like the pure Silk&Rice Bran Soap fromwww.chidoriya.com. The website is in English and yes, they do send samples. Something else they offer if U R adventurous Shock :Nightingale Facial, which is sterilized nightingale droppings for lightening, and smoothing. Don't laugh! Laughing The spa Ten Thousand Waves in NM charges over $100 for this facial, but the website chgs $17 for a multi-use container. Quite gentle, but kinda smells like bird-pee Sad Check it out, they have other nice Japanese items too. HTH
fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
OOOPS! Sorry. that website iswww.chidoriyaworld.com for the Silk/Rice Bran soap. fawnie. Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Dr Ci:Labo and Albion.

Both aren't that cheap compared to Fancl (in fact Albion's really quite expensive..)

But both are great on my sensitive skin even better than Kose or Fancl.

Dr Ci:Labo aqua collagen gel is fantastic for people with normal, normal-dry to dry skin. The only unsuitable climate is probably humid asian summer where people might feel it's too much.

But it's hands down the best moisturising gel i've ever used. I had sensitive skin that started getting all these little red itchy dots with all the other moisturisers i tried, until i used Dr Ci:Labo.

Albion exage white line is also very good but pricy. Though I dont follow their instructions on how to use the moisturiser (using almost a teaspoon amount on special cotton pads, then massaging it on face until fully absorbed). I just use a pump or two as a normal moisturiser over my face and it's wonderful, fast absorbing and beautiful finish. Plus since it's like 250ml using it this way makes the price not an issue.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi fawnie,

Thank you for the recommendation. I have noticed chidoriyaworld mentioned a few times and they have very interesting products Smile. Not sure about the bird droppings though i have heard great things about it before. I guess bird pee smell doesn't that bad anymore after smelling my mom's PSF DMAE gel. Laughing stinky.

The rice bran soap sounds great and definitely want to try products from the site sometime in the future.

Since starting this thread, i am actually not using very many japanese brands at all, except for my sunscreens. What a difference less than a year makes. I am so bad with sticking to one thing! Laughing

I actually really liked the sample of Ci labo's super moisturizing collagen gel which surprised me since I am not a gel moisturizer kind of girl. I found the regular collagen gel a bit drying for me.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like Kose, It made me braek out. Crying or Very sad
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
noname--which kose product do you mean? they are a huge brand and have soo many products. i have heard good and bad about their products so i am curious.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:01 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
noname--which kose product do you mean? they are a huge brand and have soo many products. i have heard good and bad about their products so i am curious.

skincareaddicted - SEKKISEI product line made me break out.
First, I had pimples, not too much but always have small pimples and white head under chin and hair line beside my face Confused . BA introduced me it was excellent treat it. Moreover, it is very mild whitening for sensitive skin (That is not my point and very white for Asia, just only treat the pimple Mad .) Therefore, I bought sekkisei white powder wash , sekkisei lotion and sekkisei white mark.
I used them a week and pimples came more and more. Then, I advised with BA again. So, she said it was normal. All of pimples under my skin came out and will be clear about 2 weeks Question and I was continuous use them Rolling Eyes . But it came worst and more worst. White head pimple came to red and have more and more, big and biger Crying or Very sad . So, I brought all of sekkisei returned to her and she change to JUNKISUI product, she said this line is more suitable for acne (again and again). I could not change to money. Anyhow, I did not want to use this band anymore. Therefore, I gave them all to my boy friend Bad Grin

Until now, my skin has not recovered yet Crying or Very sad . I have gone to see doctor.

PS: I am sorry bout my incorrect English. Embarassed
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi noname,

So sorry that you had such a bad experience with Kose sekkisei (sp!). such an experience would definitely scare me away from the brand forever actually.

I have tried their moisturizer, it was ok but a bit fragrant i think. it didn't do anything bad for me but i didn't stick it with it long enough to see any good either (i gave it away to my sister). Their pore mask i liked a lot though. i have since found more affordable and stronger peel off pore masks.

and your english is wonderful!

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:
Just checked online. The only difference I see between the one you got and the Dr. Ci labo one is the frequency. Yours is 3Mhz, Dr Ci labo one is 1Mhz. I will keep you posted when I find out more. Smile

Hi j0g6345,
CiLabo Aqua Sonice Device's probe is changable also. Shock Shock

Are you going to get it? Surprised
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi noname,

So sorry that you had such a bad experience with Kose sekkisei (sp!). such an experience would definitely scare me away from the brand forever actually.

I have tried their moisturizer, it was ok but a bit fragrant i think. it didn't do anything bad for me but i didn't stick it with it long enough to see any good either (i gave it away to my sister). Their pore mask i liked a lot though. i have since found more affordable and stronger peel off pore masks.

and your english is wonderful!

Kristen

Thank you for your post. Smile
Anyhow, many people like this brand.
Perhaps, it is not so suitable with me. Rolling Eyes
My thought, SEKKISEI line have too much alcohol. Idea
Therefore, it is irritating my skin.
Somehow, SEKKISEI is very famous in Thailand, especially, sekkisei lotion. Question
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
NoNaMe wrote:

Thank you for your post. Smile
Anyhow, many people like this brand.
Perhaps, it is not so suitable with me. Rolling Eyes
My thought, SEKKISEI line have too much alcohol. Idea
Therefore, it is irritating my skin.
Somehow, SEKKISEI is very famous in Thailand, especially, sekkisei lotion. Question

I've used SEKKISEI. I think it's not the famous in thai than SKII Essense.

You've to choose between Kose SEKKISEI and SKII Essense. they are the same kind of skincare. Kose is famous because sheaper than SKII but the result of them SKII is the best.

mumushop
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that Kose Sekkisei is quite popular. A lot of people I know use Sekkisei as a cheaper alternative to SKII. I've tried both and had better results from SKII. However, I hate both lines and they sting and burn my skin!

P.S. Noname - are you from Thailand?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Nov is pretty nice.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I think there is a line from Kanebo named Freeplus. The first part of the name, free, means it is alchohol-free, fragrance-free and colorant-free. The other part, i.e. plus, means it contains a lot natural essence or plant extraction that can do something good to skin.
I tried this line. It is mild enough for my skin that is slightly sensitive and very moisturizing.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
In my country, It has a lot of Japanese brand. The very popular one is DHC and Kanebo.

The best of kanebo is intensive night moisture. It will make your skin glow, healthy skin and also don't have fragrace.
Shez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Would anyone please recommend which brand of facial mask(s) is good for whitening of complexion (i.e to achieve fairer facial skin tone). thank you.
mt0417
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
If you really look for a Japanese brand skin care for sensitive skin, you may try Aseline which is entirely for sensitive skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
i just started on IPSA skincare. m currently into the 2nd of using the:
- Time Reset
- Moisturizer

it maybe a little too early for me to do any review but so far it seems pretty good. the moisturizer is not oily @ all instead it feel rather lite and refresh because it is water base.

i have tried Fancl MCO but it caused outbreak to my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I recommend dr. ci:labo super sensitive skin set.
jeannie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Re: Ci Labo, it didn't work out for me and made my facial skin a bit more sensitive (chin area turned red.) I should have stopped using after 1-2 weeks.

How about Cosmete Corte(sp?)? I like their Liposome (purple bottle), but too pricey. I use it after the toner, before serum or moisturizer. Still use 1-2 bottles a year. It gives glow. If interested, you might want to consider to use duty free shop. I have not purchased it through on-line.

My mom and sisters like SKII mask (sheet pack). I am told it should be used 14 consecutive days. Very popular in my house, these people use it religiously. It didn't work out for me either. Not sure but I have much more sensitive skin than the others, it might be one of the reason, I guess. Even it is good, I don't think it can justify the price range.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:19 am      Reply with quote
decleor is the brand belong to shishedo company!
ykl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I have used DHC cleansing oil, it can wash away your makeup complelety but it is not good to use cleansing oil. It makes my face to have ance
ykl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 12:41 am      Reply with quote
There is a japanese brand called Acseine which is really good. I highly recommend their AD lotion. It is a toner which saves my skin. It made my skin stable. But I don't know if you can buy it online
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
My friend has sensative skin. She loves Shiseido and Fancl.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |