Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Bath and Body Works Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
My friend bought me 2 products from Bath and Body Works at the US. She told me they are having their big semi-annual sale right now.

Anybody has tried their skincare products? I think they are more or less the same as those at the Bodyshop.
prs
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
When the Bath & Body works line first rebranded (like three or four years ago) I was totally excited: finally, products like those one can get at Bliss or Kiehls that don't cost a fortune. I stocked up on a whole bunch.

Then I did some research--and what I found out might not be that important to you but was sort of decisive factor for me. Bath & Body Works states that their final products are not tested on animals. This means that the components they use might be or probably definitely are. This made me a little sad and I gave my stuff away.

For the past year, Keihls has had an eponymous line at BB and their products are definitely not tested on animals. Their lemon line is lovely and the rose line is just heaven.

My two cents Wink prs
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi prs,

Excellent! Thank you for your two cents. hehe

How about their haircare? Any idea?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bb2000, i used to work for bath & body works and i have used their skincare line before. i find some of it to be very fragrant--especially their white tea serum, smells exactly like perfume. i had the tomato scrub and the pumpkin mask (smells divine). they worked ok, but i wouldn't consider ever buying any facial products from there again.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Great Timing for this thread Very Happy
I been wondering about this range, mainly the body lotions.
I was reading the reviews on MUA and it does seem that some of the lotions are too perfumed.
So what is everyones favourite Both and Body Products?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:00 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I was reading the reviews on MUA and it does seem that some of the lotions are too perfumed.

For me, the store is too perfumed! It's like walking into a Yankee Candle shop - instant headache. I can't tolerate the competiting fragrances long enough to browse intelligently. Confused

I can tell you that reputationally, Bath and Body works is not considered a serious skin care line in the States. It's a place to buy a heavily perfumed product if you like that sort of thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I always wondered about this brand though it seemed a lot like Body Shop or Fruits of Passion. Good thing I live in Vancouver and they don't sell this brand here. Now I'd rather try a brand that does NOT test on animals at all.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
There are some good body care lines at the Bath and Body Works. I'm a fan of the True Blue Spa, and the Tutti Dolce. I also like some of the products from CO Bigelow, especially mentha lip shine, and lemon hand treatment. Their line Le Couvent Des Minimes is made by L'Occtane (the honey body balm is wonderful).

However, their "signiture" collecton is mainly for fragrance. I like the pink grapfruit lotion.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
PS. They have something going on at their website now that if you sign up for email (which often contain coupons for free stuff!), you get a coupon for a free mentha lip shine-- no purchase necessary!!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I only really use their lotion and body splash. The BBW stores in my town don't carry a ton of other brands (at least not the ones I'd like to buy) but I just recently purchased their Cherry Blossom scent and Magnolia scent in lotion and body splash. Such a treat after a bath before bed Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, I don't think much of BBW's products. Most of them are VERY heavy on the petroleum, parabens, and artificial fragrance, yuck! Luckily, they recently started carrying a brand called the Savannah Bee Company, which is SLS, petro, and paraben-free and smells divine! As for the animal testing question, 10 or so years ago BBW changed their packaging and started writing "This finished product is not tested on animals." I automatically assumed that that meant that the ingredients were tested on animals. I wrote BBW works a scathing letter saying that animal testing of any kind was unacceptable to me, and that they would no longer be getting any of my business. They wrote me a letter back, and I can't remember exactly what it said since it was so many years ago, but basically it said that because some of the ingredients they use were at one time tested on animals they are required to put that on their products, however, they said that they test neither products nor ingredients on animals. So, while I still don't think their products are that great, at least they aren't animal tested...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Given that there are so many new product lines that don't develop product whose components were/are tested on animals, BB is making an active choice not to source ingredients that are cruelty free.

BB purchases ingredients for their products that are tested on animals. And so they might not do the testing themselves but they support distributors who do by the purchase of components.

That is why they must certify that their finished products are not tested on animals. Not because they are an animal friendly company.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |