Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Do you "sneak" in your products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Beka
5% products discount

Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
As a married SAHM I don't have my own source of "fun" money. While my husband is pretty tolerant of whatever I want to do/buy (and I am the same way towards him) I am a little embarassed by the cost of the skincare/makeup that I "NEED". I mean the man makes due with whatever is in the shower, and I am wondering how to acquire $130 eyelash creams. So, are you totally up front about your purchases? Or do you try to slide them by without being noticed???
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend and I don't share accounts so it's easy for me. He does see all the stuff coming in, but he's pretty cool about it. And I usually end up telling him excitedly about everything I have on order! Very Happy I figure he spends his money on electronics and video game stuff and I spend my money on skincare and makeup!
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone I know sneeks their purchases from their husbands. Unless their husbands are filthy rich. My husband has paid off my credit card about five times now and I'm not talking little amounts. I try to hide it but he always finds out. He tries to convince me that I don't need those things. He says your beautiful, I don't know why your obsessed with staying young. But I say no way baby, you want your big screen tv and surround sound speakers and the latest computer equip. so I have to have my skin care. Now after five years of marriage he has finally given up the battle, I cannot be deafeted in this area. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Before I was married I hid my purchases, not just skin care products, from my dad. After I married I hid things from my husband for about 10 years. Now I don't need to hide from hubby (I pay all bills w/our joint account.) but hide from my kids. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I occassionaly hide my purchases. I pay for my own stuff (most of the time), but I know that I spend *way* too much (makeup, skincare, clothes, shoes, bags etc. the list goes on!!).

He doesn't mind because it IS my money. I think the bottom line is that we can still make out bill payments and pay our mortgage!!
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if it's a guilt thing but I do temporarily hide stuff...mostly clothes. At least with skin care I can say, 'honey, try this and tell me what you think.' Wink

We trust each other to be responsible with our spending. But it doesn't stop me from removing price tags and placing receipts in a discreet place. Wonder if he does this?? Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
My SO has done some sort of reverse psychology thing on me, he tells me I can have anything I want when we are out shopping so it will suddenly not be appealing anymore.
Also if we have not spent a lot of money on shopping then he will book a holiday somewhere at the end of 6 months...hmmm travel of frivolous shopping, I just get so excited about traveling.
I think he has me sussed Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:30 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
My SO has done some sort of reverse psychology thing on me, he tells me I can have anything I want when we are out shopping so it will suddenly not be appealing anymore.
Also if we have not spent a lot of money on shopping then he will book a holiday somewhere at the end of 6 months...hmmm travel of frivolous shopping, I just get so excited about traveling.
I think he has me sussed Rolling Eyes Laughing

Wow, that's a really nice reward! hmmm I should tell MY SO about that! Bad Grin
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:00 am      Reply with quote
LOL! A bit like my husband, rosebud. If I like something, he'll say, "That's fine - get it if you want it." Which makes me feel really guilty, for some reason, because he's being so nice and generous. So then I don't end up buying whatever it was! (I think I'm probably very weird.)
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Majorb it must be British guys!!! Laughing
I have exactly the same reaction as you!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:33 am      Reply with quote
what does SAHM mean??
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
SAHM = Stay At Home Mom Smile
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Somewhere out there exists a 10 chapter survival handbook for SO spending Laughing
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend is great about it. If it bothers him, he doesn't tell me but I highly doubt it. For what I spend on facial products ... does not compare on what he spends on tools. Laughing
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
SAHM = Stay At Home Mom Smile

thanks, I thought it meant something "dirty" Bad Grin
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:19 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Now I don't need to hide from hubby (I pay all bills w/our joint account.) but hide from my kids. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yep, same here! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I can't "sneak" any mail order purchases past DH cuz I have all my packages sent to our business. The good thing about that is I'm never there when the mailman arrives, so hubby pays the duty & taxes for me!
However, sometimes it gets a tad embarressing, like the other day: more parcels showed up for me than for the business! Laughing Lucky for me, he just laughs it off!
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
i try not to hide anythign to my husband but sometimes i have too, especially if i know i spent a lot already.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I don't hide anything but I get scolded if I don't even use it. lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:35 am      Reply with quote
I hide NOTHING. I pay for my own skincare, and for most of his Laughing ... + that if he ever said anything I would probably hit the roof...

whenever I get a lovely box with goodies I sit for hours and organize, look, and over joyed show my stuff to him Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I don't have to hide everything since I pay for it myself, but if I've had a "spree" I try to hide the evidence of it being new pretty quickly. However, since he went out & bought a brand new (expensive) Cadillac last winter without telling me about it, I don't feel the least bit guilty anymore!

My DH has no idea what I actually have, so he can't tell what's new - and we almost divorced once when he went through all my cabinets and cleaned them out "for me" while I was spending the day with his mom! Mad

He likes to tell people that I spend $200 a month on "skin stuff" (if he only knew!!), and he also likes to say that I should just lie in a tub full of moisturizer with just a straw to breathe thru... Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |