Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What does *bump* mean?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen it in several posts and have no idea what it means. Can someone enlighten me?

thanks! Smile
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi montrealgal -- there are various reasons for bumping, but basically it means that the poster wants to "bump" the topic up to the top of the page. Hope that makes sense.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
*bump*
I just bumped your post to the top of the list.. however depending on when you read this it may have been bumped down by other posts...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Okay - I get it. It's to keep a topic in the forefront!

Thanks, Hope and PhoebesMeow! wave
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been wondering about this too. Thanks for the explanation!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Good to know I wasn't alone, lifeisbeautiful Smile

But I saw someone write: "bumped by a sun lover" at the start of their message. I have *no* idea what that means!

Can someone enlighten me on that?
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:

I saw someone write: "bumped by a sun lover" at the start of their message. I have *no* idea what that means!

I've looked at that several times too & haven't figured it out. I thought it was just me that didn't get it!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
kls - we are in the dark together! Smile
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Someone turn on the lights! Laughing Laughing
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:04 am      Reply with quote
kls wrote:

Laughing

Cool I'm ready, shades and all!
kls
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
kls wrote:

Laughing

Cool I'm ready, shades and all!

Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

Laughing

...and we still don't know what "bumped by a sun lover" means! Ahh well, I guess we'll have to keep living life like a mushroom on this one!
Mabsy

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:

But I saw someone write: "bumped by a sun lover" at the start of their message. I have *no* idea what that means!

Was it in a sunblock or vitamin C thread? If so then I guess it was bumped up by someone who wanted an asnwer to the question because they were worried about whatever effect of the sun was discussed in the thread. I hope that makes sense...
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:

I dunno, but it sounds dirty.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so now I know what it means to "bump", but what does it mean when someone "hijacks" a thread??? I've seen this written as in "sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread", but never knew what it meant. It doesn't seem like a good thing to do, yet I'm not even sure if I've ever done it Confused Can anyone please explain Embarassed
Mabsy

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
Ok, so now I know what it means to "bump", but what does it mean when someone "hijacks" a thread??? I've seen this written as in "sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread", but never knew what it meant. It doesn't seem like a good thing to do, yet I'm not even sure if I've ever done it Confused Can anyone please explain Embarassed

When you take the thread off-track from the poster's original question and ask your own question. So, you take over the thread in a sense...
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:

Laughing You kind of hijacked right there... but not really since this thread is about explaining the sayings we don't understand... Its not always bad, it keeps a thread alive, and as long as you go back and touch on what the original poster was talking about then, then its kind of okay to ask a question without having to start a whole new thread.... at least that's my opinion on it..

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for clearing that up for me...I guess I did sort of hijack the thread Embarassed
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
montrealgal wrote:

Was it in a sunblock or vitamin C thread? If so then I guess it was bumped up by someone who wanted an asnwer to the question because they were worried about whatever effect of the sun was discussed in the thread. I hope that makes sense...

Yes, Mabsy -- that makes sense. I was thinking about it earlier today and that's the conclusion I came too, also -- that it was a sunlover who was doing the *bumping*.

Great minds think alike Smile
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
montrealgal wrote:

Oooh PhoebesMeow -- I like the way you think -- you've got a naughty mind Laughing
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me...I guess I did sort of hijack the thread Embarassed

Jala -- like PhoebesMeow said, your question fit in so naturally. It was like what would happen in a face-to-face conversation! Smile

So you only hijacked it a tiny bit... Maybe we can say you *low-jacked* it! Laughing
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:16 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:
PhoebesMeow wrote:
montrealgal wrote:

Oooh PhoebesMeow -- I like the way you think -- you've got a naughty mind Laughing

rofl - You girls are too much - how does that lead to dirty things Laughing Laughing

I'm glad I've got a great mind like Mabsy Very Happy !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:

rofl - You girls are too much - how does that lead to dirty things Laughing Laughing

I'm glad I've got a great mind like Mabsy Very Happy !!

Laughing I was thinking *bump* as in bump and grind Smile

Well, I'm just leaving on vacation. I'll miss this thread. I'll have limited computer access so don't know if I'll be back one for another week.

I just hope I don't get *bumped* from my flight. Worse, I hope the plane doesn't get hijacked! Laughing Laughing

I think *I* just hijacked this thread -- can the person who started the thread hijack it? Smile

Laughing Laughing
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Have a great vacation!! Very Happy
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Jala Smile

I'm back now. I'm happy to say there was no hijacking. And the only *bumping* was from the turbulence! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |