Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Treatment oil for oily skin...which brand???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
So this whole "oil on oily skin" regime seems to really be working for so many people! I'm very intrigued but I'm wondering what brand most people stand behind?
I've heard of Decleor Ylang Ylang and Clarins Lotus Oil, as well as others...I'm very much hesitant to spend money on yet another skin product but I'm super oily and I'm tired of having the same skin I had in high school!

I've found that if I combine a cleanser for oily skin, use an astringent, and acne med, I end up drying out and breaking out more (from what I'm assuming is my skin trying to compensate from the drying properties of the products). So I used to be of the mind to "dry dry dry" the oil, now I'm focusing on "balance." But I'm not sure how. So I figured I'd start with an oil treatment. I've heard many good things about these different oils.
I realize that different products are meant for different people, but I'll take any advice!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad I found this forum!
xoxo!
Paris

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I've used Astara's oil serums for a while some years ago with great success. I've just ordered some PSF balancing oil and will let you know how it goes.

Oils instead of moisturizers really work for my skin ... especially in summer time. The only downside is finding a sunscreen that can work with it. Currently, I'm using Clarins SPF 40, based on a recommendation from Manslayerliz and it's working.

Good Luck!
prs
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I wrote a review comparing Clarins' Lotus Oil and Decleor's, you can check that out. I also wondered about PSF's balancing oil - which seems to be similiar to Decleor's, if you look around in the forum you'll find some stuff written about it. PSF is also cheap enough for you to trial and error. Dr.H's normalising oil seems to work for some people as well, there is a review on it in the Products Review section. If all else fails you can always make your own through recipes from the DIY thread.

I think Dr.H and PSF are cheaper and you may want to give that more consideration if you don't want to spend too much - they're both very good brands. Clarins' isn't expensive considering you're receiving a 40mL bottle compared to Decleor's 15mL bottle. I still have slightly less than half a bottle of Clarins' left, if you want you can PM me, I'm pretty willing to swap for it. I use Decleor now only because it works better on me. MUA also has reviews of both of these oils and it seems that Clarins is more popular over there.

HTH
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Jojoba Oil?
This works just as well.
I suggest getting a sample of the Clarins first from the counter, it lasts for ages.
The Normalising Day Oil is slightly heavier than than the Decleor, I like all 3 equally, I think it does come down to scent.
Both Decloer and Dr Hauschka smell divine Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I tried Clarins Lotus Oil. it worked very well for me, and I have heard good thinks about Dr.H day oil. I think I will try it next
Weezie
5% products discount

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I have used both the Dr. H normalizing oil and the PSF balancing oil. IMO they both worked well but the Dr. H felt a little "heavier" than the PSF on my face so I'd have to say I prefer the PSF to the Dr. H but both are good. I also must add that the concept of putting oil on my already oily face was a bit hard at first but I am now a total believer in balancing the skin rather than trying to "dry it out". HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I use DR H Normalizing Day Oil during the day and emu oil at night. Those have worked very well at balancing my oily, acne prone skin.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Wow...so many good suggestions!
I'm excited to try this. At first I was very hesitant and shrugged it off right away, but all those success stories can't be flukes! Embarassed

I appreciate all the guidance!
You all are so awesome! Very Happy

xoxo
Paris

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Weezie wrote:
I have used both the Dr. H normalizing oil and the PSF balancing oil. IMO they both worked well but the Dr. H felt a little "heavier" than the PSF on my face so I'd have to say I prefer the PSF to the Dr. H but both are good. I also must add that the concept of putting oil on my already oily face was a bit hard at first but I am now a total believer in balancing the skin rather than trying to "dry it out". HTH

Do you know if it takes a while for the skin to adjust to using the oil? Would you be alittle more shiny for the first while until it's "balanced". I just started using the PSF Balancing Oil, but I find with using that in the AM and putting my sunblock over top (PSF as well) that I am more shiny than I used to be. I was curious if that's how it will always be or if over time, your skin balances and doesn't look as shiny?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |