Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin Type Solution by Dr. Baumann
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dchickb
5% products discount

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
After reading her book detailing the 16 skin types - I decided to try a mixture of products (which I would never have advocated previously - but Dr. Baumann says it's essential to mix ranges).
As I bought from EDS, as always, i just want to give the low-down on the products i purchased - so far Laughing My skin type being ORPW for those in the know!!
1. Exuviance Purifying Gentle Cleanser - Doesn't leave skin tight feeling, and I think it would cut through foundation well.
2. Yonka N/O Lotion - fresh, tightens skin in a good way.
3. PCA pHaze 23 - seems to be excellent for most skin types, gives skin firmer feeling, and definitely more radiance in only a few days
4. Skin Medica Oil Free Sheer Moisturizer
Lovely texture, and imparts a healthy glow to the face.

If anyone has any thoughts on the best oil control product, this is where i really need your input!
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
HI I am ORNT/W (it a toss between tight and wrinkled) I am going to try jane iredale oil absence and I will tell you about it and I'm trying to get my hands on some OCeight.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Adriana - my cousin got me the OC Eight in England about 2 years ago and it's pretty good. I was trained as a beauty therapist 7 years ago, and I have a thing about skin producing more oil if you use an oil control serum/cream, or as Dr. B suggested, not using any moisturiser at all, which I could never envisage. I'm also borderline on the wrinkled/tight section, was disgusted, as although I'm 37, I wouldn't describe myself as wrinkly, and don't intend to be either, if possible with the use of good prodcuts!! I'd consider OC Eight a cheapy product, but as the good Dr. says, that no longer counts if the correct ingredients are present. Have you tried anything else on her list? I'm a bit of a product addict, as I had acne as a teen, and am constantly trying to find the perfect moisturiser in particular, as my T-zone is the oily problem for me. The rest I can deal with!
Good luck in your quest and let me know how you get on. Dalia
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
hey dalia,

I have tried Replenix CF serum and cream, I love the cream as my moisturizer. I have also tired CRS serum and I like that as well. I have tried the pond's deep pore cleanser and purity made simple like them as well, I have tried skinceuticals eye balm and like it. I also have the la roche posay retinol 60 pretty good too. I have liked all the things she has recommended which is hard because I will end up buying all of them. I too am oily on the t zone. I think I may have been to hard on myself on the questionarre. all my friends say I have no wrinkles but I can see them.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Ha Ha! I thought i was the only one who's a slave to buying and trying products... It's difficult when you're trying to keep the oily t-zone at bay, but hydrate the rest of the face. I used to have problems with slight scaliness at the sides of my nose, along with the oiliness - real pain! Will keep in mind the other moisturisers you mentioned - What does CRS stand for, or is that the actual name of the serum. We don't get all the American products in Ireland, so sometimes I only learn about new stuff on this forum, if not in magazines... Will keep plodding along with my quest!!
adrianaL
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Hey Dalia,

I know I am so bad about trying things (I am a weakling) CRS stands for Cell Rejuvination Serum. It has growth factor. Liposomal encapsulated TGF-Beta 1 with L-ascorbic acid. it comes in 10, 15 & 20%. It feels like silk on your face and makes it soooo smooth. I purchased mine at skincarerx.com EDS doesn't offer it. You can save 20 percent by typing save20 at the end of your purchase. They also give great samples.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
I find the book really helpful. I now know what ingredients to look for and avoid.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the book and now use it as my reference guide. I'm a DSPW. I've tried some of the products and a few broke my face out. But all in all I think it's a good book.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
She is a big fan of Dove and other drugstore brand like Aveeno. I like her approach to skin care, no hypes but the very basics.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |