Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jurlique: Herbal Recovery Mist or Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been interested in trying the Jurlique HRG for ages now. I feel that my complexion could do with a bit of a boost, and I think this might help. Aging is not a huge problem for me yet, but I am also hoping that it might help to maintain the condition of my skin; I can detect the faintest beginnings of fine lines in some places sometimes when I squint at myself in the mirror. But, I don't know whether to buy the mist or the gel. (Stupid me didn't even think of trying to get a sample sent with my most recent order from EDS).

Anyhow, I am in my late twenties with sensitive acne-prone skin. So I guess my greatest fear is that my skin will erupt in pimples from the product.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
i love this stuff. It seems to firm and tighten my skin when it feels awful. SOmetimes I will just put it on after a warm shower on cleansed skin and it feels great. I am 30 and find it great as a variation to my norma skincare. Sometimes I will put it on before moisturiser if it feels very dry or scaly or if i am breaking out. I think it helps heal rather than cause blemishes. there is def nothing in there that wld cause pimples.

its great stuff- my bottle has lasted ages as I don't use it every day. I wld thoroughky recommend. (ps. i use the gel) HTH Smile
Wawa
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I've only used the gel version so far, it's working great as a summer light moisturizer. BTW, I have very similar skin to yours, late 20s, oily and acne prone.
zovo
5% products discount

Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the gel and have dehydrated sensitive prone skin and it is very good for my face as I had a major breakout even though my face is dehydrated..I only use it at night on alternate nights as a night cream replacement. Smile
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Thank-you - it seems so far everyone is using the gel, so maybe that is the best bet.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and I use the Herbal Recovery Mist OP. I have used this on and off for almost 2 years and recently have been using this for 3 weeks. I think that this might actually help my acne. I should know for sure whether it helps with my acne in a few more weeks. But it certainly does not make my acne worse.

I have tried samples of the Gel on several occasions and it irritates my skin. My skin is very sensitive to alcohol and the Gel has alcohol while the Mist does not. I actually find the Gel a little drying. If you have sensitive skin I would definetly recommend samples. I believe samples of the Gel are easy to get, I am not so sure about samples of the Mist. HTH
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I also have sensitive blemish prone skin & I prefer the mist, I find it a lot lighter as I think the gel is a bit too heavy for my skin.
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
So, I'm getting advice on both sides (not surprising). Thanks everyone who has answered. I know of another website where you select which samples you want with your order and the HRG is one of the options, so I may go and order something there just so that I can get a sample of the gel to see how my skin reacts to it.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Emma_Jane wrote:
So, I'm getting advice on both sides (not surprising). Thanks everyone who has answered. I know of another website where you select which samples you want with your order and the HRG is one of the options, so I may go and order something there just so that I can get a sample of the gel to see how my skin reacts to it.

Jurlique generally tend to be quite good with samples, if you go to a counter expressing your interest in their products, the SA's do tend to give out samples fairly easily.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |