Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How long does purging last?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've been fully using all my new EDS products for a week. I have been using Juvenil and Creme 15 for more than a week, maybe 2 weeks or so.
Here is my routine:
AM:
Jurlique Face Wash Cream
Clarins Toning Lotion (combo skin)
Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil
PSF O2
Lancome Sensation Totale (vit C)
Yonka Juvenil/Creme 15

PM:
Clarins Purifying Gel/Brightening Cleansing Mousse
Clarins Toning Lotion
Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil
PSF O2
Clarins Brightening Serum
Juvenil/Creme 15
Ylang Ylang Balm

Also use JB apple peel and Jurlique's Purifying Mask

Am I using too much? I'm using the Lancome and Clarins Brightening Serum to use it up before I buy Phyto Corrective Gel.
I noticed purging (not a lot) but this routine has not really INCREASED my breakouts from when I was using Proactiv. But I feel like my skin is sort of congested - somehow I feel it's the Face Wash Cream (I was using my DHCC sample a week before it arrived so technically I've been using it for 2 weeks). I also somehow feel my skin isn't being exfoliated enough as it was with Proactiv's Renewing Cleanser but this may be because I'm a scrub person. I'm not sure if this is psychologically induced that I feel congested or whether the products are helping my gunk come out to the surface. I'm not sure how long this is going to last for, I feel more congested now than I did a few days ago, is this normal? Am I supposed to extract all the gunk that is coming to the surface or should I leave it and let it dry out?

I really need some help before that gunk develops into breakouts and cysts Sad

On a side note I get LOTS of whiteheads (no blackheads) and acne I get are either white bumps on face or AWFUL RED CYSTS that don't go away for like a week or 2 (I have 2 right now too Crying or Very sad ).
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:03 am      Reply with quote
To me it sounds like you could be using too many products for you skin. You're only 20, so you probably only need a fairly basic skincare routine. I find with the Dr H CC in order to get rid of congestion it works a lot better if you use the "press & roll" technique that they recommend, rather than using it like a regular exfoliator.I found my skin was purging A LOT when I first started using Dr H & Decleor products, I remember this lasted for at least a month & a bit until my skin eventually settled down & got used to all the new products I was using.

Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
It looks to me like you may be almost drowning your skin. It would be my suggestion to just cleanse your face with the Clarins Purifying Gel or another suitable cleanser but not the Jurlique Face Wash Cream. Then apply the PSF O2 followed by the Yonka Juvenil products. I don't really believe in the 'purging process' as your skin should be clearing after a couple of weeks not staying the same or getting worse if the products you are using are working on your skin. Keep it simple for a couple of weeks and see if there is an improvement.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Smile

Safire: I do use the press and lift technique. I have been using it with the Face Wash Cream ever since I got it. I used to use that with my Clarins Milk Cleanser a long time ago and it didn't work for me then - I did it right because I felt the suction so I concluded milk cleansers weren't for me. However with Jurlique and DHCC I don't feel the suction apart from on my cheeks (which is where I'm getting the bumps - and some whitehead near my nose crease).

bushy: I thought the Face Wash Cream is supposed to lift the gunk and decongest me - is it too heavy for my oily skin? This product is exactly the same as DHCC.

Overall I can't say my skin has gotten worse apart from "feeling" decongested, I got around the same amount of bumps while I was on Proactiv and the only products I increased were actually O2, Creme 15 and Decleor balm. I'm only using my serums to use them up, I don't like to waste things. Both of you mentioned a longer purging process (I've only used the O2 and face wash cream for a week), so I guess I'll give it more time. I've also been using Juvenil all over my face - so that might contribute to the purging. I guess I just wasn't sure IF my extra whiteheads were due to purging or due to the products being not right for my skin - I can't really tell.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
If you are getting additional whiteheads then it means that the sebum cannot get out of the pores and these will either turn into blackheads or result in additional breakouts. It indicates to me that one or more of the products you are using is contributing to the problem. Without simplifying your routine you won't know which product is causing the problem. The Jurlique Face Wash Cream is really an exfoliator more than a cleanser and is applied in a pressing action. I think you need an actual cleanser before or instead of the Face Wash Cream. Although I am older, I still have oily skin and I would not use the Face Wash Cream as a cleanser.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with what bushy says. I use DHCC and think it is WONDERFUL, but I always use some other kind of cleanser first to make sure I'm not just pressing sebum back into my skin. Shock it also might be too much for your skin to use Ylang Ylang and Juvenil together as both of them are pretty potent--- maybe just try using one until things calm down?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'll definitely use a cleanser first for a while and see how that goes. Smile
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:51 am      Reply with quote
It's been a few days and I've been using a cleanser beforehand - a light foaming one or a liquid wipe-on no-rinse one. I wanted to update on how my purging is doing. I think it's slowed down (or hopefully gone but I can't be too definite about it yet). I don't feel congested anymore - so your suggestions SOLVED MY PROBLEM - thank you Very Happy

After using a cleanser prior to my Face Wash Cream my face feels a lot cleaner and decongest AFTER the face wash cream. Even the slight oil film that used to be left on my skin due to the cream is gone.

Apart from that I find that all these products have been absorbing better (I've been using all my new products for 1.5 weeks now so I think my skin has gotten the hang of it and its effects are now more benefiting). My Moor mask also seems to cleanse better now than the first 2-3 times of usage. I still have yet to see the acne mark fading effects of my JB apple peel but I use that only 2x a week so maybe my skin is still adjusting to that product (cross my fingers).

Once again thanks for all your help! Wink
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I've been fully using all my new EDS products for a week. I have been using Juvenil and Creme 15 for more than a week, maybe 2 weeks or so.
Here is my routine:
AM:
Jurlique Face Wash Cream
Clarins Toning Lotion (combo skin)
Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil
PSF O2
Lancome Sensation Totale (vit C)
Yonka Juvenil/Creme 15

PM:
Clarins Purifying Gel/Brightening Cleansing Mousse
Clarins Toning Lotion
Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil
PSF O2
Clarins Brightening Serum
Juvenil/Creme 15
Ylang Ylang Balm

Also use JB apple peel and Jurlique's Purifying Mask

Am I using too much? I'm using the Lancome and Clarins Brightening Serum to use it up before I buy Phyto Corrective Gel.
I noticed purging (not a lot) but this routine has not really INCREASED my breakouts from when I was using Proactiv. But I feel like my skin is sort of congested - somehow I feel it's the Face Wash Cream (I was using my DHCC sample a week before it arrived so technically I've been using it for 2 weeks). I also somehow feel my skin isn't being exfoliated enough as it was with Proactiv's Renewing Cleanser but this may be because I'm a scrub person. I'm not sure if this is psychologically induced that I feel congested or whether the products are helping my gunk come out to the surface. I'm not sure how long this is going to last for, I feel more congested now than I did a few days ago, is this normal? Am I supposed to extract all the gunk that is coming to the surface or should I leave it and let it dry out?

I really need some help before that gunk develops into breakouts and cysts Sad

On a side note I get LOTS of whiteheads (no blackheads) and acne I get are either white bumps on face or AWFUL RED CYSTS that don't go away for like a week or 2 (I have 2 right now too Crying or Very sad ).

Sormuimui, are you using PSF O2 both am and pm? I wonder if it's the correct way to use it since I read the following useage:
Apply to freshly cleansed, dry skin once daily. Allow product to dry completely, then reapply a second time for total saturation.
Hope someone can tell her it's alright to use the O2 serum twice daily.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Ocha- I use my O2 serum twice a day and haven't had any problems, so I think it's fine for Sormuimui to do it too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm using it 2x a day because I was purging and my skin needed healing and my blemishes needed a fix. Since it's just oxygen I didn't think there would be any harm. But once my skin looks better I'm going to lower it to only using it once a day because of the cost.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi, maybe you can try to introduce the Zeno Acne Treatment "zapper" into your skincare regime.. heard great review about it. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |