Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF Goodies - how do i use them all?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so I PSF samples of:

HA serum
O2 serum
antioxidant serum

(also green tea wash, eye cream, pumpkin mask, VitC and face cream but don't need instructions on these)

What order should I use the HA, 02 and antioxidant? - I would then be putting a moisturizer on top.

Is the O2 ok if it gets on your eyelids and under the eyes?

In the mornings I don't plan on using the antioxidant, I will just use the Vit C.

Thanks.

(P.S. I will be working these things into my routine very very slowly. So far I have only been using the O2 spray for 3 days. I'm not sure if it is doing anything (but nothing bad)but the sample pump kind of annoys me. I keep spraying it into my hair!! what a waste!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cautious newbie,

From your listed products I only have the O2 serum but found information on EDS site to help.

HA Serum - Useage:
After cleansing, toning, and treatments, apply a few drops to fingers & smooth over entire face & neck. Can be used on under-eye area & eyelids.

O2 Serum - Apply to freshly cleansed, dry skin once daily. Allow product to dry completely, then reapply a second time for total saturation. Use more on wrinkles and troubled spots. 'Sandwich' other actives (peptides, etc) between applications for enhanced delivery of other active ingredients.
-Quite often I also spray into the palm of my hand and pat onto my face so as not to waste too much. As for the eyelids and eyes, don't know if it's actually okay but I have patted onto these areas w/o any problems.

antioxidant serum, which one? - Emergen C Repair Serum? - Apply to freshly cleansed & toned skin once daily. Allow product to dry completely before following with moisturizer, if desired. Keep bottle tightly capped.

So sounds like you cleanse, tone, O2 serum, Emergen C Repair Serum, then HA Serum.

HTH
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
If you have dry hands with thin skin, the HA Serum's also great for placing over handcream, then wearing cotton gloves overnight. Really helps to plump up and soften the skin.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
actually, I made a mistake calling it antioxidant serum. It is called ALA complex (antioxidant shield).

curious where this is supposed to fit in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
ALA Complex
Description:
This vegetable-derived, squalene-based complex is enriched with R-ALA (alpha lipoic acid). This powerful antioxidant is both water & oil soluble, so it can permeate the fat layer, while still being able to pass through water barrier of the skin cell. A lightweight, chemical-free moisturizer that restores the skin's natural lipid barrier (an essential treatment after peels, microdermabrasion & laser treatments). It absorbs quickly, with no oily residue & leaves the skin soft and dewy.

Useage:
After cleansing, toning, and applying any water-based treatments, apply a few drops to fingers & apply to face & neck. Apply after peels, microdermabrasion & laser treatments to restore lipid barrier & speed healing. May be used in addition to or in place of a traditional moisturizer.

I think the HA Serum is considered water based. Since ALA Complex is like a moisturizer it goes on after the serums and before the face cream. Anyone else have a different opinion?
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, i was wondering what is considered a water based treatment. I just wanted to make sure i am to use this after HA and 02. I was almost wondering if I should also be using it after my moisturizer. Right now I am just using a LRP sensitive moisturizer which has the spring water in it?

Thanks for your help Roadbee.

I'm hoping the ALA complex is good and doesn't irritate b/c right now my LRP sensitive moisturizer doesn't have any antioxidant properties.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Cautious Newbie is your moisturizer the LRP Toleraine Fluid if so you could probably replace that with the ALA complex. The LRP Toleraine is mostly water and squalane with a little bit of glycerine and a few other basic ingredients. HTH
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
yes, that is what I am using.

What is squalane? I recall it being good for the skin.

I will see if ALA is a good enough moisturizer. LRP has been fairly good with my skin so far, so i'm scared to drop it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Squalane is a moisturizing ingredient derived from olives. You are right, it is supposed to be very good for the skin.

I have used the Toleraine Fluide in the past and really liked it. Let us know how the ALA complex compares texture wise and if it irritates your skin.

My best guess on this would be that if you find the ALA Complex insufficient by itself to apply the ALA first and then the Toleraine. Maybe one of our PSF experts can let us know for sure!

EDIT: on second thought the Toleraine has water listed as the first ingredient so from what roadbee said it would make sense that the Toleraine would go before the ALA Complex.
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Now I'm curious about the LRP and PSF moisturizers with all this talk about squalane and olives.

As for using both ALA and Toleraine, I just know the general rule is to apply the heavier products last. You'll probably have an idea by looking at the consistancy of both. Are they different, about the same, or maybe just plain ole different?

Tell us how it works out Cautious newbie.
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
i'll let you guys know. i've only moved onto a second product since trying the O2 (the green tea milk cleanser). FYI, i've used the cleanser once and it left a film. i'm not sure it took off my sunscreen very well b/c it left the film. I will try it in the morning to make a determination.

As for ALA. Yes, that is my next product i'm going to add. I'm kind of excited about it b/c of its antioxidant properties. Like I said, the LRP doesn't have any and I've been shying away from Vit C since the Vivier C COMPLETELY changed my skin type and make it all irritated and sensitive. I've been fighting this issue ever since which is how I found the LRP.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update...

I decided that the green tea cleanser made me break out, left an oily film and did not clean off sunscreen very well...so that's obvious a no go for me.

The O2, I don't think it did much for me. I didn't find it healed my blemished any faster and I may have even found that it made my skin feel a little tight (maybe just be virtue of the fact that it evaporates from the skin very quickly). Don't think I will repurchase this.

I do like the HA serum. Leaves my skin feeling smooth.

I've been putting ALA over the HA serum. ALA does seem to leave a bit of an oily film, but I still like it (I use it at night) and I think it does a pretty good job making my skin feel soft.

Some nights I put the LRP Toleraine on for extra moisturizing, then the HA and then ALA on top. So far I'm liking it and I like the idea that the ALA has antioxidants in it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I also use the PSF ALA & HA products...but I've been putting the HA on last..over the ALA. Have I been doing it wrong Confused Does anyone know--tia!
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update Cautious newbie. Too bad about the green tea cleanser. I use the papaya cleanser with good results but know some people had break outs with this one too.

I know what you mean about the O2 Serum. I can't pinpoint an exact benefit from this either and stopped using it for about three weeks then started using again. I can't define it but there is something different with its use. It's not dramatic but my skin doesn't mind it. I might try the ALA complex or HA serum next time.
StellaMarie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
I agree about the O2 -- I didn't see a difference and was bummed (but kind of glad, I guess, since it wasn't all that cheap).

Anyway, I would think the HA over the ALA would work well. HA should help the ALA absorb and may help make the ALA feel less oily (I do something similar with emu oil). You can also mix the two together in your hand and apply.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
StellaMarie wrote:
I agree about the O2 -- I didn't see a difference and was bummed (but kind of glad, I guess, since it wasn't all that cheap).

Anyway, I would think the HA over the ALA would work well. HA should help the ALA absorb and may help make the ALA feel less oily (I do something similar with emu oil). You can also mix the two together in your hand and apply.

I have to admit the O2 hasn't done much for me either. I may try spraying some out and using a Q-tip to spot treat, cause it cost over $50 and I don't want to waste it. Doubt

I broke down and got the ALA complex today and wonder if anyone has used the Balancing oil with the ylang ylang in it. If so how does it compare with the Decleor YY oil? Question
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
My understanding is that because HA is mostly water, you are supposed to use it under the ALA (ALA says to use all water based products first).

Is Ylang Ylang the one that is supposed to cut down oiliness? If yes, then Ylang Ylang does a good job doing this but is nothing like the ALA. ALA is not supposed to cut down on oiliness and may add to the oily feeling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
My understanding is that because HA is mostly water, you are supposed to use it under the ALA (ALA says to use all water based products first).

Is Ylang Ylang the one that is supposed to cut down oiliness? If yes, then Ylang Ylang does a good job doing this but is nothing like the ALA. ALA is not supposed to cut down on oiliness and may add to the oily feeling.

I was thinking of mixing the ALA with the HA. I guess I'll have to see when the stuff gets here.

And I have to reverse myself on the O2. I do the occasional night where I don't use the balms or creams. I used the O2 alone and this morning did notice that my breakout did diminish.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |