Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Embarrasing Problem
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Am so embarrased. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
After years of suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome and having my SO tell me off for secretly nibbling foods I know make me bad and telling me I'll get piles.....I have got piles Embarassed
It is only very small and a little bit sore, at first I thought I had cut myself.
Please someone tell me I am not alone, that you have suffered too. Also once you have this the first time, does it mean you are prone to it?? God I hope not Shock
SO has not stopped laughing Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
What is a pile? like a hemorroid? (man, where is the spellchecker when I need it! Laughing )
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
yes what are piles? and how does nibbling on food cause them? I dont suffer from this problem but arent there medicines that make it ok? And another ? whats SO? sry I am soo lost on this post.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes haemorrhoids
In the past I have eaten foods that have either gone straight through me or left me constipated, which have caused me to strain a lot on the toilet.....I think you get my drift Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've had lots of surgery and painkillers for months. These are serious constipation causers. I used glycerine suppositories and drank lots of water and the piles eventually went away.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Yes haemorrhoids
In the past I have eaten foods that have either gone straight through me or left me constipated, which have caused me to strain a lot on the toilet.....I think you get my drift Rolling Eyes Laughing

Dear lord - nothing is taboo with us ladies, lol.

I have 'issues' when away from home. I can't ummmm...go unless I'm at home. Causes a huge problem when travelling.

Same solution - TONS of water, and if needed glycerin suppositories.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
(((rosebud)))
I feel so bad for you. I sometimes have bouts of diverticulitis which causes those kinds of problems. Not fun. You taught me a new word today....piles. I'm 44 and have never heard hemorrhoids refered to as piles! I drink lots of liquid....white grape juice and prune juice work really help! I try to maintain a consistent diet of lots of fruits and veggies to prevent. Foods to avoid include cheeses, bananas, along with obvious heavy meals. I don't think this will cause you to be prone, unless you're taking a type of medication or something that causes constipation.
Take care of yourself....your SO has obviously never experienced the type of pain that this can cause or he wouldn't be laughing!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I also did not know that piles = hems! Surprised

I have IBS too and had this happen. I read that drinking raw carrot juice helps to shrink them. and it worked for me - totally back to normal.

It does not have to be a chronic problem - I only had one major episode and maybe 1 or 2 minor ones in 15+ years. I guess it does depend on one's diet, but I think there could be other factors involved also.

You should be able to find 100% carrot juice in the organic section of your supermarket. Smile

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else finds this remedy also works for them Smile

montrealgal Smile
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Slippery elm powder (herbal capsules taken orally) and ice applied topically will fix you (or anyone else with this problem) right up.
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have IBS too, because I have fibromyalgia. I am taking acidophilus pills + eating one Activia yogourt per day. It is helping. And I also use the occasional glycerin thing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses and reasurance, when your just turned 24 it is a bit daunting to have haemorrhoids or piles as we calls them Laughing
Thankfully I am not in masses of pain. it's more of an incredible itch .
I have got the IBS under control and my stomach is more or less back to normal when I am good about what I eat (I am also religious with the acidophilus), I do have a tendency to strain when going for a number 2, I am just not used to being solid and I think this is where the problem lies.
Thanks for all the great tips Very Happy , you fellow past sufferers are like guardian angels Angel , I do drink lots of water and am going to look out for glycerine suppositories, raw carrot juice (always wanted to try this), Slippery elm powder....

Also a good thing , I have become rather partial to a bowl of Minted Green peas liberally drizzled with E V Olive Oil. My biggest problem has been bread and wheat products, they really tend to 'bing me up'.
Since I have been able to eat foods without any stomach problems I have eaten everything in sight...will power calls!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud,

I'm so sorry this happened to you. OUCH!!! Have you ever tried whole leaf aloe vera juice. This is supposed to really help IBS and it also helps great with constipation. It's supposed to balance whatever problem your having. If your "plugged" it helps you go and when your experiencing "waterfalls" it's supposed to make things normal again.

Aloe vera juice is also very healing for the digestive tract, it's healing for the entire body actually, and great for your skin when used internally or externally.

I hope you heal quickly!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud,

I do hope you feel better real soon. Pray

My huband has Diverticulitis. It is not actually the same as what you have but in the same family.

Probiotics have helped him a great deal. He is getting to know his body as this disease is fairly new to him. When he starts feeling cramping or getting the runs he gives his colon a rest and does a few days of a liquid diet. He gradually gets back to a normal eating routine starting with a soft diet.
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Homeopathic Arnica 30c works pretty well. Try 5 pellets 3x day for a day and see how you feel. If you feel a bit better, but not 100% you could repreat in a day or two. (Not sure if you taken remedies before, so pardon if you're familiar w/dosage and such.)

Feel better! Smile
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry! I was diagnosed with IBS a few years back but it turned out to really a wheat/gluten allergy, and I've recently had the same problem that you have. Fortunately for me, mine are more of the "internal" variety, so they don't really hurt, but they get mad at me if I ever eat any gluten or wheat by accident.

I am sending you good wishes. Smile My BF has had them for years, and he seems to just have flare ups occasionally, so hopefully they will go away very soon and not come back often.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
yes, you are not alone. I do have similar problems from time to time with my stomach, but have not been diagnosed with anything (well, never bothered to check I guess) but I am thinking of having the gluten test as my cousin found out she is gluten intolerant and it runs in families I heard.

That aside, I find if I have been sitting for waaay too long and not drinking enough water I will end up with a bit of a problem with piles for up to a week. Usually I have the problem after a long haul flight, but it has been OK recently.

Oh and piles is an English/Aussie term. My dad always used to yell at me as a kid when I sat on concrete because "sitting on cold things will give you piles". Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm in my early 20's and have recently had a hemrhoid. I went to the doctor and she prescribed me some pills to take twice a day up the rectum. I took like a quarter of the pack of pills and stopped taking it... the hemroid went away by itself. It's so annoying, I never want one again
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:36 am      Reply with quote
A bath of nice, cool water helps to soothe them.

Sadly, I get them too. Are you trying to compete with me in the embarrassing conditions stake or something? Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl the thought of anything going near my rectum
majorb we are British!!!!
I have resorted to using wet wipes and am in a lovely haze of antihistimines...any excuse Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sweetie Smile

all of the above are good (esp for the IBS) and you may want to add horsechestnut (either tablets or tincture). You can get it in good healthfood shops in the UK. It helps to strengthen arterial walls. Trust me GB uses them and has something that makes a case of the farmers seem like a walk in the park.

Liz Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
good old fashioned preperation H for the "itching" will clear it right up and fast. good luck dear
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, rosebud! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |