Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review for Avene and Nivia Spray Sunscreens
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Avene Ultra High Protection Spray 50 plus

At first I really liked this but I don't think I would repurchase. Protection is excellent, I swaer there is no danger of even a hint of a tan when you are wearing this!! Has a slightly thick consistency and yes is does leave a bit of a white cast, it also feels slightly heavier than other sunscreens. I could feel I had it on. What really annoyed me was the spray bottle, because of the consistency of the sunscreen it seemed to clog the spray so only a trickle would come out and then once you have furiously sprayed away you end up with a huge spurt, very annoying when you are rushing from car to beach and don't want to burn!! On saying that is the bottle and white cast a small price to pay for knowing you are protected from the sun rays. It proved well against the summer Florida Miday sun on my very fair skin.

Avene-Eau Thermale Spray SPF 40

I prefered this to the SPF 50+ as the consistency is just that bit thinner. Packaging is annoying I think that the Sunscreen may actually clog the spray a little because when you spray you get 4 trickles then on fifth attempt a good spurt then it starts over again!!! So annoying. Protection was excellent, I didn't burn in the Florida midday sun and I have very fair skin that always burns before I tan ever so slightly. I liked this one for use on my face, I have oily skin and had no problems with this, skin does feel a little tacky, it would be a problem if I was using daily but for holidays and the British Summer it is ideal. Even for the annoying bottle, I would definately repurchase alongside the Nivea Spray Sunscreen.

Nivia Moisturising Sun Spry SPF30

This is one of the best sunscreens I have used. I initially purchased Avene for a trip to Florida but at the last minute decided I would need more sunscreen and bought the Nivia. I actually prefered the Nivia to the Avene!!! Comes in Blue spray bottle with yellow lid, the spray is excellent!! Don't you hate it when you to try to spray sunscreen and only a trickle comes out, well this does not happen with the Nivia (it does with the Avene), You get a good even spray and the consistency is perfect not too thinck and not too runny. The sunscreen does not leave a white cast and rubs in really well. It was a little too oily to use on my face but on my body it was perfect, think just shaved legs with oily moisturiser look....looks quite sexy when sunbathing in bikini by pool!!. In the Florida sun, on my very fair skin, I used my Avene the first week and the Nivia the second because I beacme so frustrated with the crap Avene spray bottle and did not burn once. Well worth the money and in the summer there are always buy one, get one free offers on Nivea in Boots, Tesco, Superdrug, Asda....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I second all of that on the Avene-Eau Thermale Spray SPF 40 - a bit sticky (not in an oily way though), a bit too white, but damn good protection - the best I've experienced to date aside from higher Avene creams. Brilliant on the beach, a bit ugly in the city.

Never had so much trouble as you with the nozzle though. Only once, then I opened it up unclogged, shook it and it was fine.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I never like Avene sunscreen. It always appears shiney on skin.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
For years,I have been using Avene sunscreen SPF50 as foundation under make up. I live in a tropical area and I think this Avene sunscreen provides good protection from sun damage. It's a little too white, but you can put darker pressed powder, then it looks fine.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if Avene sunscreen is well suitable for acne skin?
I use La Roche Posay SPF60 for these days,it is very soft but a little rich ans white.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Avene SPF50 is rich and a little white, but it's very mild and it's not sticky. Therefore, after the Avene SPF50, I only put some mineral pressed powder as my make up.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
dreamcat wrote:
I'm wondering if Avene sunscreen is well suitable for acne skin?
I use La Roche Posay SPF60 for these days,it is very soft but a little rich ans white.

Dreamcat - we are discussing the new formulations of Avene over here
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22334&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
these reviews are a bit out of date

Aside from the Lait (extremely thick), cream (thick), spray (sticky) there is also the *emulsion*, which m.april and lavie have used for some time - lavie is prone to acne.

Now however there are new textures for the emulsions, they are saying 'ultra-fluide'. I have tested the new emulsion SPF20 and the texture was awesome but it wasn't protecting me enough from the sun.

Lavie is also testing a new Avene SS from their Kleanance range (which is an acne range) and we are eagerly awaiting her review).

Lucia also reports that the cream has a new, lighter texture, but I wouldn't rec that for oily skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |