Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Gelatin for dark circles...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ejay90
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, any promising or good results with the gelatine for dark circles??? if yes, whats ur application method...its pretty damn sticky and i allmost pulled away some eye lashes...thnx!
Ejay90

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Are you referring to the DIY recipe using Knox gelatine? If so, I tried it once & never did it again. Unfortunately it was so long ago I can't remember exactly why I didn't like it. Sorry I can't offer you more help on this topic, maybe someone else can.
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:56 am      Reply with quote
I tried the DIY recipe for 2 weeks religiously--daily for a week, then every other day for the next week--but I never noticed any improvement in the darkness under my eyes. It seemed as though it started drying out my undereye area, so I gave up. But that was just my experience. I just stirred it well and applied it with my fingers. Then I wiped off any drips on my cheeks. And I rinsed gently with warm water after 30 mins. I didn't lose any eye lashes in the process, maybe because I didn't go all the way up to my lash line. Has anyone else tried it? Any success stories?

If anyone is interested, here's Darren's DIY recipe (Thanks, Darren!):
Quote:
Posted by pbsadhaka--
OK. Here is a gift to all you dark circled eyed gals out there. You asked for something to get rid of dark circles - here is a homemade Circle Buster recipe.
Go to your grocery store. Buy a box of regular, old fashioned unflavored gelatin (Knox, for example)
Take a small cup or bowl and put in 1/4 teaspoon of the gelatin mix. Add 1 Tablespoon of boiling water & stir for a minute.
Test it on your wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Then, using a cotton ball, pat it under your eyes as you would an eye cream or gel.
Go lie down and listen to some music, or take a bath & let it stay on for at least 30 minutes. Then just rinse it off.

I worked in a day spa & this was our "Circle Buster" Treatment. Gelatin is very high in Vitamin K & Biotin. It will not remove your circles on the first application (but you will notice a difference), but if you do it daily for a week, and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance, you should notice a drastic reduction in dark circles.

The day spa where I worked charged $60 for this treatment (but they put rose petals on your eyelids), and it wasn't until after I quit, that I found out what was in those little white packets!
There you go.....enjoy!

*edited to correct typo on measurements as requested by pbsadhaka

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it a few times and didn't see results... it probably takes longer, but I didn't like the method so I stopped. Dried too tight and was hard to remove.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Agreed!!! I tried once and did not like how it felt.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
OMG! Embarassed I am so embarrassed! Although I posted this recipe like over a year ago, I never realized that I had made a typo! It should be 1/4 teaspoon of powdered gelatin to 1 Tablespoon of boiling water! Not a whole teaspoon! That would be like drywall spackle! Laughing
Sorry to anyone who tried it - I just noticed the typo right now! Sorry! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Darren............. Mad Mad Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
OMG! Embarassed I am so embarrassed! Although I posted this recipe like over a year ago, I never realized that I had made a typo! It should be 1/4 teaspoon of powdered gelatin to 1 Tablespoon of boiling water! Not a whole teaspoon! That would be like drywall spackle! Laughing
Sorry to anyone who tried it - I just noticed the typo right now! Sorry! Embarassed

ROFL
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using it for about 4 days now and noticed a drastic improvement. For those you havent seen my "Wanted to say hi and introduce myself" post, I had a baby 5 months ago(my first) and needed some assistance with my dark circles. When I first made the mix I noticed it was too thick, so I made the adjustments myself. It makes sence now that it was a typo.

I apply the mix with a old fat eyeshadow brush, I found that the cottonball left fuzz. Just be careful not too close to your lashes, also rinse the brush immediately so that the mix doesnt get all gunky and harden on your it. Then I gently wash it off with a baby washcloth(those finally came in handy), and apply a eye moisturizer...currently using Strivectin-SD.

So far Im very pleased with the results, and its cheap!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
poofybabypenguin - Aw, you just have to tell us how you came by that name! Laughing
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
OMG! I am so embarrassed! Although I posted this recipe like over a year ago, I never realized that I had made a typo! It should be 1/4 teaspoon of powdered gelatin to 1 Tablespoon of boiling water! Not a whole teaspoon! That would be like drywall spackle!
Sorry to anyone who tried it - I just noticed the typo right now! Sorry!

Oh dear, this post is almost a year old and the recipe on the DIY Skin Care Recipe collection was never updated to reflect the very critical change in the amount of gelatin!! I just spent a very painful 45 minutes trying to get this plaster off of my face and my entire undereye area is a red, painful and blotchy mess. (I used the amount-1 tsp of gelatin- that is still listed in the orignal recipe). Grrrr.... Mad

Is it possible for a moderator to correct this error ASAP??
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Shock So sorry! I feel so bad about my typo. The post is too old now to let me edit or delete it. I think that only a moderator would have that kind of access. Sorry! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Shock So sorry! I feel so bad about my typo. The post is too old now to let me edit or delete it. I think that only a moderator would have that kind of access. Sorry! Embarassed

Oh, no need to apologize again, Darren! As I understand the procedures here, a moderator would have had to be the one to correct it last year and now. Besides, your recipe on the DIY Recipe thread was actually posted as a quote, by CareKate, not you. Anyway, no worries; my skin and I survived!
Which brings me to my next thought...I have actually seen a difference/improvement already! (I have done it 3 times now, once with "the plaster" Bad Grin and 2 times with the correct recipe). Being a bit of a pessimist these days, I wasn't expecting the recipe to actually work but I can clearly see an improvement in the darkness under my eyes. I am stunned and look forward to more improvements. It really is amazing so I thank you for sharing the recipe, Darren!
Mabsy

Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Sorry that happened, brenpatsa. I hope it's all updated now. I found it quoted in about 6 other posts so hopefully got it all.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Sorry that happened, brenpatsa. I hope it's all updated now. I found it quoted in about 6 other posts so hopefully got it all.

Thanks for making the corrections, Mabsy!

I hope people give the gelatin treatment another chance now that the proportions have been corrected. I am having great luck with it! Smile
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Mabsy wrote:

I hope people give the gelatin treatment another chance now that the proportions have been corrected. I am having great luck with it! Smile

Hey brenpatsa I also want to try this.
Can you please tell me from where you find the gelatin. Are you using Knox if yes then which version please tell me the details. I want to get rid of my dark circle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
Mabsy wrote:

Hey brenpatsa I also want to try this.
Can you please tell me from where you find the gelatin. Are you using Knox if yes then which version please tell me the details. I want to get rid of my dark circle.

You should be able to find (unflavored) Knox gelatin in the grocery store aisle where they have the baking goods/spices/cooking oils/cake mixes/jello mixes/pudding mixes/sugar/flour/etc.!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

You should be able to find (unflavored) Knox gelatin in the grocery store aisle where they have the baking goods/spices/cooking oils/cake mixes/jello mixes/pudding mixes/sugar/flour/etc.!

Thnx so much. I'll give it a try and let u know the results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I am one of the unfortunate ones who put on "the plaster" as well...

BUT i havent lost faith yet... will try the new version and hopefully will have better results!

will keep you gals posted! Cool
navkat

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to try this DIY preparation this weekend. I have very bad under-eye circles (I've had them my whole life) and I'm ready to try anything.

I plan to follow the directions to the letter and use it religiously, then report back here with my results.

Thanks for the tip, ladies!
caboodle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
What about using freshly brewed green tea instead of the water? Idea
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
tried so many different solutions and methods for getting rid of my dark circles now im trying out cosmetic acupunture.
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
The ONLY thing I've found thus far for helping my darkish circles is lymphatic drainage massage. That and some various supplements. But topicals, nah, nothing so far..
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
what are u taking?

acupunture does the same ....helps lymphatic
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I'd be willing to try anything that help dark circles. I've had them since I was 5 years old. I have photos as evidence! There I am blowing out 5 candles on the cake with my dark circles illuminated by the glow! Sometimes however they look better and I can't work out exactly what I've done/eaten to make them look better. I believe that there is truth in the lymphatic theory posted above. They seem unaffected by sleep or drinking water for me. I'm going to try this recipe. Anything has to be better than Hylexin - it did nothing but waste my moolah.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |