Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Broken Capillaries :( I'm depressed, need help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone. I am currently 21 years of age, and a male. I have had issues with the sides of my nose for 4 years. I was told, through an appointment that I had broken capillaries. My nose has always been red, and it always feels dry. It even flakes sometimes. It gets to a point that I have to use a nose strip or else it will keep flaking badly.

Is there anything I can do, or apply, that can simply help me make it better? I have read that over time it can go away

www nzgirl.co.nz/articles/2112

"Once they form, broken capillaries usually eventually shrink and fade on their own."

How long will this usually take, and what precautions can I do. I'm afraid to use creams since I also get acne, so I would not want to clog it up. I also can't afford surgery as I am a college student. It really ruins my self esteem and it kills me inside!

I'm begging for help, please help me with anything, a regimine, anything!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Sorry to hear how bad you feel.

You can certainly help your general skin's condition the dryness, redness, flakiness and not provoke the veins to get worse, but in the end people don't have much success with eliminating them totally apart from salon treatments which are quite pricey.

What are you washing your face with and using on it now? We can start from there.

Molly Cool

P.S. there are also some very effective concealers these days which don't look like make up. I've got 'em on one nostril so I know.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi

When you say you're using a nose strip, it's not the type that rips out blackheads is it? If so, then stop, that will just make the broken capillaries worse. If you have them, then you don't want to use anything too abrasive, if you have dry skin and acne MD Formulations do some great kits which should sort out your skin. As to the veins, unfortunately I have found that whatever you try doesn't work, you either have to live with them and conceal them, which is easy if you're a woman, not if you're a guy, OR you can get them zapped.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
The only sure fire way to get rid of broken capillaries is to have IPL treatments. This is a form of laser therapy that is also highly recommended for acne. There is no real downtime with the treatment and the pain factor is not too bad (it feels like a rubber band being slapped against your face). The therapist will tell you how many treatments you need.

I can truly vouch for this method as my face used to look like a road map but now my skin is quite clear. Bite the bullet and have it done - you will really see the results.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi

Sorry to hear how bad you feel.

You can certainly help your general skin's condition the dryness, redness, flakiness and not provoke the veins to get worse, but in the end people don't have much success with eliminating them totally apart from salon treatments which are quite pricey.

What are you washing your face with and using on it now? We can start from there.

Molly Cool

P.S. there are also some very effective concealers these days which don't look like make up. I've got 'em on one nostril so I know.

Hello Molly, thank you for your reply. I am glad you could be of help!

I am currently using a noxema face wash, which contains aloe vera so it does not overdry my face. I very often follow up with a toner. I most often skip on the cream because my face feels very soft as it.

Interesting, which type of concealer do you use?

I hope this was a start, perhaps we can go from here now Smile.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
Hi

When you say you're using a nose strip, it's not the type that rips out blackheads is it? If so, then stop, that will just make the broken capillaries worse. If you have them, then you don't want to use anything too abrasive, if you have dry skin and acne MD Formulations do some great kits which should sort out your skin. As to the veins, unfortunately I have found that whatever you try doesn't work, you either have to live with them and conceal them, which is easy if you're a woman, not if you're a guy, OR you can get them zapped.

Hello,

Yes, it's for whiteheads actually. My nose gets oily, and flaky at the same time, so it actually helped reduce it. The odd part is I have no veins, it's just simply really red on the sides of my nose, and a little bumpy, and it has never gone away for 4 years. Perhaps it isn't broken capillaries. What else could they be? The redness never goes away. It's a different texture than the rest of my other skin as well.
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The only sure fire way to get rid of broken capillaries is to have IPL treatments. This is a form of laser therapy that is also highly recommended for acne. There is no real downtime with the treatment and the pain factor is not too bad (it feels like a rubber band being slapped against your face). The therapist will tell you how many treatments you need.

I can truly vouch for this method as my face used to look like a road map but now my skin is quite clear. Bite the bullet and have it done - you will really see the results.

Thank You! How much did it happen to cost you for the entire package? It seems amazing!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx wrote:
Yes, it's for whiteheads actually. My nose gets oily, and flaky at the same time, so it actually helped reduce it. The odd part is I have no veins, it's just simply really red on the sides of my nose, and a little bumpy, and it has never gone away for 4 years. Perhaps it isn't broken capillaries. What else could they be? The redness never goes away. It's a different texture than the rest of my other skin as well.

There is a possibility that it is roseaca. You may want to do some research and if you think that might be a possiblility then see a doctor to get a diagnosis and treatment plan. HTH
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
i haven't ever heard of broken capillaries going away by themselves on adults. i have seen them on newborns, and those do fade away.

yes, you should stop using the nosestrips, they are very strong and can cause more broken capillaries. and it sounds like you should definitely shell out some money for a good skincare regime (i am a poor law student and still find money to buy really good skincare products). DHC has a really high quality affordable line for men and would be good for you because their lines tend to be very sensitive skin friendly. http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/Category.aspx?CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=DHC%20USA;MensSkinCare&ShowTop=true

i would also keep away from scrubs too. sounds like you need a really good moisturizer than doesn't clog pores. and i agree, if they bother you a lot, zapping the capillaries are probably the way to go.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
The IPL zapping costs between AUD$200-$600 depending on the size of the area treated. I guarantee this is the ONLY way to cure broken capillaries. Speak to your doctor about it. The zapping actually targets the vein and disperses the blood. It is also used to cure strawberry birthmarks and roseaca. The doctor that treated me showed me heaps of photos of guys who had had this treatment - so have faith - it REALLY works.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
What he's describing simply do not sound like broken capillaries to me. I'm wondering who told that that is what they were???
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
What he's describing simply do not sound like broken capillaries to me. I'm wondering who told that that is what they were???

You seem to be correct. I had visited one of these beauty salons, who had inspected me and told me that it was that. But upon research, it doesn't look like what broken capillaries are. I still thought that it may be that, but of a different type perhaps.

let me tell you what it is exactly. It's basically redness on the side of my nose, which does not go away. It always stays a bit dry, even with moisturizer, and it does not go away. I always seem to become really oily there as well. Would it be considered rosecia?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx--do you see little thin spidery veins under your skin? or is it simply red?
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
xxndnromeoxx--do you see little thin spidery veins under your skin? or is it simply red?

Simply deep red
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
It may be rosacea ~ I have rosacea and it starts out as a very mild form. But, the flaking may suggest something else, eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis???

Do you have a medical facility at your school? They should be able to diagnose what you have.

It sounds like seborrhea. My son has that and uses Plexion (a prescription cleanser) and cortisone cream ONLY when needed. He, also, uses Nizoral shampoo. He is a doctoral engineering student and constantly under stress. Stress makes it worse. Crying or Very sad

No matter what it is ~ forget the nose strips. Also, do not use a toner (makes it worse). You need a good moisturizer that does not clog pores.

Use a very mild cleanser, I think Olay makes one for sensitive skin or Cetaphil is always highly recommended. An oatmeal soap can be soothing. Plexion is great, but requires a prescription.

Moisturize immediately after washing.

A cortisone cream (short-term use only, can be damaging if used long-term) will alleviate flaking, redness, etc. This is sold over the counter.

No matter which condition it is, stress can make it worse. Try to de-stress, hard as a student, I know. Yoga?
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Suggested Plan (all can be purchased at drug store):

Topical hydrocortisone cream can be used sparingly for 2 - 3 days to reduce inflammation (no longer!). Repeat in two weeks, if needed. Then wait two weeks, etc,etc.

Oil of Olay Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin;
Or
Sensitive Skin Cleansing Bar from Neutrogena.

Neutrogena Moisture for Sensitive Skin;
Or
Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion.

Clinique City Block Sunlock. (must have!!)

No toners, no nose strips!!!
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
P.S.

If they are broken capillaries ~ once you are out of school and have money, laser treatments will eliminate them completely. My face had a horrible number of them, including around my nose and they are gone now with laser treatments!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |