Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
How to use the Dr. H Cleansing Cream...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I have my Dr. H. cleansing cream that DH brought back from Germany, but I have no idea how to use it and all the info is in German. The webiste does not tell much either.

- SO, should I first wet my face? (water or spray the toner?)

- How much do I squeeze out to use for my face?

- I know that you use a "push and roll" movement, rather than rubbing it in... how long do you do that for? do I leave it sitting on the skin for a while after that?

- do I just wash it off with warm water? (need a cloth?)

- I presume the finish is just spray with the toner and pat in.

Thanks for any help! I really want to use this right!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
The way I've been using it (and please advise if there are different ways!) is I wet my face and squeeze out about a "cherry pit" size of DHCC out and massage it in my face. I focus around my nose area particularly. My skin's pretty sensitive for I only leave it on for about a minute then I give my face another quick rub and wash it off (just with my hands but a cloth would feel nice too).
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
I think the correct instructions from the box say squeeze out half an inch. Depending on how much time you have I'd massage for 2-3 min and leave on for 1 minute (but it depends on your skin and what you need, of course the long you massage and leave on the better). I wash it off with a washcloth to get less of an oily film on my face. I think as with all cleansers when you rinse you should always use cool water or cool to warm water to close your pores. And you continue with your usual regime - toner, etc.

HTH
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if I'm doing it right either. I wet my face first, then press and roll (in small circles) the cream over my face. Then I leave it on for a few minutes - before my shower and wash it off while I shower. I normally clean again with a gel cleanser to get that 'film' off. I then follow on with a serum, moisturiser or a mask. ANY ADVICE ON A BETTER ROUTINE?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I use the Dr H cleansing milk first to get rid of my make-up & I definitely use the DrH CC on damp skin & squeeze out about 0.5cm or so & use the press roll technique, or basically just glide the cleanser back and forth on my skin for about a minute, then rinse really well to get rid of the oily residue it leaves behind. I don't use a toner, but I do tend to use a very gentle foaming cleanser after the CC during summer, as I prefer that squeaky clean feeling.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I ALWAYS wash my face first--- usually with Dr. H Cleansing Milk, but every now and then with Juice Beauty Green Apple Cleanser. Then, while my skin is still wet I press about a half inch of the DHCC into my face... press, roll, press, roll for a few minutes, and then I'll let it sit for another minute or so if I have the time. Then I rinse and follow up with Dr. H toner. Beautful!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I use it in the morning so I only rinse with water then dry off so that my face is damp but not dripping. I squeeze about 2 cm onto wet fingertips, rub together, then apply to face in the press and roll motion. It's almost like I'm patting my skin, concentrating around the nose and chin areas. I do that for about 2 minutes, then rinse off with a soft washcloth and tone.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
How long does the tube of DHCC last?

TIA Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
How long does the tube of DHCC last?

Depends on how addicted you get to it! Laughing
(Mine lasts about a month or so).
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
What I do is wet my hands first than squeeze a bit of the cleanser on and then press and roll as best I can onto my face. I also leave it on as a mini mask sometimes for about 5 - 10 minutes as well and find it leaves me with a nice firm feeling. I rinse off with either warm or cool water depending on my mood and then pat dry. I usually follow with a toner and a day cream in the morning. At night I just use the toner and sometimes use a facial oil.
mixCD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
press and roll all over face for about a minute. Make your face is wet... Thats what i do..

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am not a native speaker of English, so I am not sure how the action "press and roll" is. Can someone describe it to me in a more detail? Thanks. Confused
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Here is the link from Clarins website that shows the press and roll method - it's not a video anymore, just 3 pictures that show you how it works along with a detailed description of the method.

http://us.clarins.com/main.cfm?prodID=43
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know if this is for oily skin? i have tried using this and it seems to be abit oily for my skin. Crying or Very sad
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui
Thanks for the link. But I can't find the press and roll pictues. Where is it? please indicate to me.
kenchunk
5% products discount

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
gwynethhung wrote:
sormuimui
Thanks for the link. But I can't find the press and roll pictues. Where is it? please indicate to me.

Click the square below "Find a Store new you". A new window will be open and show you how to apply it. Smile
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I hope this makes sense: I use the middle 3 fingers of each hand. I keep the fingers together (they are all touching eachother) and flat. I first press the ring fingers of both hands against my face and then I roll my fingers onto and off my face (ring finger down first, then middle finger, then index finger so that the ring finger lifts off my face as I press down my index finger, then my middle finger lifts up, then my index finger lifts up).
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
kenchunk wrote:
gwynethhung wrote:
sormuimui

Click the square below "Find a Store new you". A new window will be open and show you how to apply it. Smile

Actually there's a box that says "application tips" you click on that one.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone, i understand now
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I hate this cleansing cream!!! It leaves my skin so oily and I have to wash it again!!! And I got horrible pimples on my face, hate it!!!

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |