Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
My New Mario Badescu order
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
So yesterday I was greeted with my new MB order.
One product was a repurchase, the other three were newbies.

My repurchase was MB Drying Cream. I've tried all their acne treatments, except their new Acne Serum.

The buffering lotion, which I still have a bit left, is good but it only works on specific acne, the cycstic kind. I'm not sure if I'll rebuy this, it's 17 USD currently.

I use the drying lotion, love it! I spot treat with that and it shrinks them overnight. I must say it is terribly strong smelling. Do NOT purchase if you are sensitive to smells.

The drying cream, which I just repurchased, is great. At 10 USD, it's the inexpensive one. It goes on almost like a clay, but I tell you, I will never be without this ever! I had to go without for the past week because the store I normally from (the only one in my city) was out. But last night I put it back on and today my skin is much clearer...redness subsided, my few pimples have shrank or disappeared.
yay!

Two of the other products I bought was the silver powder and the Special Cucumber lotion (to take off the silver powder). I used both last night and WOW! You need to extract with the silver powder but my pores cleared out so easily! And the toner, which I used to take off the SP, even though it has alcohol in it, is not drying. It was great.

My third newbie product was the glycolic gel. I've been on the fence about this one for awhile...a long while, but I finally just decided to buy it and try it. It goes on at night to keep dead skin from building up. My face feels great this morning! The gel is 25 USD.

My routine last night...washed my face (anxiously awaiting my new Yonka gel!), applied the silver powder, waited ten minuted, cleared pores, took off silver powder with toner. Then I put on the glycolic gel and spot treated with my beloved drying cream.

And this morning...yay!!!

I'm going to purchase the ylang ylang oil from decleor, and I think DHCC. It's humid out in my area and I'm not sure if I'm going to do a moisturizer yet...just sunscreen. In the winter (desert winters are dry!) I'll get a better moisturizer when I need it.
Otherwise, I hope to fit these two into my routine.
My goal is to not have to use the drying cream much!

hugs and kisses to all!

Paris

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I love MB coz it works for me. I will try the drying cream. I have so far tried the drying lotion/buffering lotion.

I want to try silver powder, what is it specifically for? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
The silver powder cleans out black heads (there are lots of posts on it in the Skincare and makeup forum, if you do a search) and pores. It's great!
I'm very intrigued about how it works, there are only three ingredients but its fabulous for me.

I have read that one should use it rather regularly and it takes a few applications to get results, but I saw "something" (i.e. gunk out of my pores, though not all of them) after the first use.

And it's inexpensive compared to many products...so I didn't feel bad in giving a whirl, even if it didn't work!

hope this helps!
xoxo
Paris

5% products discount

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I had totally forgotten that I had some Silver Powder until I read your review. So, last night I went and dug it out and tried it out for the first time. I had a few blackheads on my forehead and after using the silver powder, the yucky blackheads were totally dried out to the point where I could just peel them off!Very Happy Yeah, so I was very happy with that result. I did have a problem w/the powder flaking off and had to stand over the sink the whole time. I think I either didn't add enough water or I used too much of the powder or probably both. Rolling Eyes Anyway, I'm definitely gonna try using this again!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am LOVING the SILVER POWDER!!!! Exclamation

I've used it three times (I know, I know, the jar says "once or twice a week") and the pores on my nose are less noticable...I've NEVER had a product do that!!!!

HIGHLY recommend the silver powder.

Three simple ingredients Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide...make such a difference!

I also got a sample of their new Acne cleanser...I'll try it, if I can manage to pull myself from my new love...Yon-Ka... Rolling Eyes

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |