Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Rave for Everyday Minerals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I'll apologize for the long post now.

I came across this brand on this forum while doing a search for a bismuth free mineral makeup. (I have a problem with Bismuth Oxide clogging my pores.) I looked at their site and ordered the free sample package. You only pay shipping. (My shipping was $3.90US.) I figured the samples would come in little plastic baggies, but they were the in the small pots, and filled to the top. I ordered friday afternoon, and received the samples on Thursday. The Fourth of July Holiday was also in there.
I ordered the matte in Medium and Medium Beige. Medium has a slight pink undertone, while medium beige has a slight yellow one. (You actually get 2 choices of foundation, but a accidentally ordered medium twice.) The Medium Beige is actually a good color on me. It is a true matte. I usually have to apply powder a couple of times a day to avoid a shiny t-zone, but I haven't applied it at all today. The texture is very silky, and my skin feels very smooth. It does not hide all my blemishes, but I didn't use a concealer at all.
I ordered the blush in natural. It is more like a colorwash, or highlighter than a blush. (Had I read the complete description I would have realized that) I used it this morning as a highlighter under my brow bone, and it works great for that.
I also ordered the finishing powder. It really doesn't have a color to it. I just seems to help blend the rest of my makeup together. It reminds me a lot of the BE mineral veil, but at a fraction of the cost.
I'm definitely going to order one of their full size kits. You get to pick all the colors for your kit. The problem is which kit to order. I really want the Everything Kit, but I have so much stuff I have to use up first.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard so many great things about EM. Thank you so much for this helpful review. I have been looking at True MMU, but can not figure out the best shade, etc, and don't want to spend $ and then find out it's wrong. You have convinced me to give EM a try. Thank you.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome.

I have another rave about the company. I emailed them at 2:15 with a question, and I received a response by 4:45. That's great service!
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the very generous sampler. Not sure if I ordered best type foundation, or shades, but it should give me some idea. What a great deal, shipping only! Thanks again.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Jlrobatzek thanks for reminding me! I've read such good things on the forum about EM and had been meaning to order some samples. Shipping only is indeed a great deal. I quite liked the samples I got from Armaleigh (sp?), but then they stopped shipping to Canada, so this might be another source, in addition to Pure Luxe that I also love Very Happy

Anya
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a few of my samples since receiving them three weeks ago. I like the finishing dust but find once in a while, especially with the recent really warm weather, that my cheeks get just a tad itchy when wearing the foundation powder. It's only on my cheeks and the finishing dust is fine since I've worn it alone without any problems. My cheeks do have larger pores so maybe this makes them more sensitive. Thought of trying the Monistat Gel that was recommended previously as a primer but it's not available in Canada yet. Has anyone else had this problem?

I really like the website, price, and choice combinations. Haven't had to contact customer service but hear they are quite good. I really want to like this line, my first foray into MMU.
blissgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Everyday Minerals, too! No Bismuth, and much less spendy than BE.

I really like the girl's blush (I think that's what it's called). It is a beautiful rosey-gold and a bit sparkley. (I like sparkles). And how handy that the foundation color system is the same as BE.

I have only tried EM and BE, but there are so many other kinds, too! Ahhh, overchoice. Boy are we lucky to have so many options in this world.
Very Happy

Bella
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Did you remember to mention EDS to get your 15% discount? I mentioned it on a thread I started about 3 weeks ago. Loved their products and great service, but my skin can't handle the itch.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:12 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Did you remember to mention EDS to get your 15% discount? I mentioned it on a thread I started about 3 weeks ago. Loved their products and great service, but my skin can't handle the itch.

Thanks Annie - about to place an order Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy-I hope you enjoy. I loved the color, texture and coverage was the best of the 3 I have tried. I even went from the semi-matte to matte at the recommendation that it might itch less. Just not for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:

I mentioned EDS on my recent Everyday Minerals order and specifically mentioned the 15%, but they didn't take it off my total Sad
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
They said to type it in on the redeem voucher so if didn't take it off, then I would call customer service to make sure they didn't discontinue the offer. If they didn't get much response (and it has been a couple of months), they might have forgotten or stopped the offer. Hope not, though Crying or Very sad !!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
i recently placed an order from Every Day Minerals.

I mentioned EDS in the comment section to get the 15% off. I tried it as a coupon code but it did not accept.

I did not get my discount. I have e-mailed customer service last night and I am still waiting for a answer.

I ordered a sample kit and a full size finishing powder. (The discount would not be much but still worth mentioning.)
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review. I just place my order for samples. Hope I picked good colors!

Has anyone tried their color correcting concealors? If so what did you think?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I hope you get your discount finally. You're right, it may not be much, but it sure would beat nothing! Hope the colors work for you. I found I had to mix 2 together, but I did like the coverage. Just wish it wouldn't make me itch!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I found another promotional code from different site. Just type "babybargains" code during checkout, and it'll give you 10% off. It should be valid till 08/30. Wink
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the coupon code! Once I receive my samples I'm sure I'll be putting it to use.

Delicia
yazzy99

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
The 15% coupon code worked for me. If you are ordering on line put "eds" in the promotional code box. it must be in lower case letters to work.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yazzy99-I'm glad it worked!!Yeah Very Happy !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Everyday sample kit today, and this is the best mmu I have tried. (at least for me) I thought Med-Beige would be my best bet color, as I am neutral or beige, generally. But Med-Beige is too yellow for me. Fair-Golden is a tad too light. I thought Medium looked maybe a bit too rosey, but it's a great match for me! I got Daydream blush and it's pretty, a rosey brown. I'm gonna try it all tomorrow, with my normal pre-makeup routine. You really can't tell by looking at the shades in the little pots, which one might be the one for you. I heeded a friend's advice and really buffed it in for a good minute or 2. Looks very natural, but provides great coverage.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really looking forward to getting my samples too. Glad to hear the coverage is pretty decent Cedar, I'll be anxious to see if it truly does give a flawless finish...on me anyway Very Happy
JuJu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you a great info. I ordered the sample kit today. So generous! I can't wait trying this powder!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I also ordered the sample kit today.
I'm very excited to try their makeup!

It's sooooo much cheaper than BE!
And I hope it doesn't give me the shiny face...I have that all on my own!

Very Happy

5% products discount

Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered my samples kit just now can't wait to try it. tired of looking for mmu that won't make my pores look HUGE and won't make me more shiny, Hate that Thanks Girls
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of ordering the sample kit, since I'm not exactly thrilled with my BE Kit. Are the shades similar? I use fairly light in the winter and light in the summer. I just realized the minerals expire 06/07...which is...2006 July, correct? Is it safe to finish it this month? I still have half a jar left! Also, I realized that there were no expiry dates for the warmth and mineral veil...what should I do?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |