Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dremu Oil - A Truly Remarkable Product!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone said to me, oh about three years ago, that I would be singing the praises of Emu Oil, well I would have laughed hysterically. Nothing touched my skin but the purest organic products. And I mean pure - from the growing process, harvesting, extraction, packaging etc. it had to be purely organic in every possible way. So, how did I go from that to Emu Oil?? (And we all know where Emu Oil comes from!!)

One day I found myself on the Dremu Oil website www.dremu.com. I honestly don't remember how I got there, but I did and I have to say the website does a wonderful selling pitch for Emu Oil. I thought some of the things said were interesting, but I felt it was somewhat hyped up. However, after visiting other forums and looking at the reviews for Dremu Oil on MUA I was surprised and intrigued that so many people praised Emu Oil for doing exactly what everyone said it did - deeply hydrate, soothe, heal etc. I still felt sure it wasn't for me when a couple of weeks later I received a sign from the gods. I was looking down the long list of skin care lines now being sold at EDS when what pops out at me but Dremu Oil. Yes, EDS was now selling Emu Oil and I knew someone was telling me to buy it.

So, I did. I wasn't expecting much. After all, it wasn't organic. But, I liked the packaging. It comes in a blue tinted dropper bottle - very easy to apply a couple of drops into the palm of the hand and massage onto the face. The liquid is of a milky white consistency and happily for me - ODORLESS !! But, the best part of it all is that this milky white stuff just sinks into the skin leaving it intensely hydrated, soothed, silky and glowing. The problem with carrier and essential oils is that you have to be careful how much you put on the face. A tiny bit too much and the face becomes an oil slick. However, the miracle with Emu Oil is that the more you put on the more hydrated and moisturized the skin is and the more it glows and plumps up. I know that on my very first day of using Emu Oil I felt that at one point I had used too much. I worried about break outs so I went to the bathroom mirror to dab some off - by that time I think I applied it around three or four times throughout the day - but when I looked in the mirror there was nothing to dab off. My skin just glowed and was plump with moisture. I can't get over this oil. Everything they say about it is true. Dehydration lines go away, dryness vanishes, the whole face seems to plump up with moisture (a very good thing for anyone with sagging issues) blemishes heal, irritated skin is soothed. I could go on and on. But, I gave a link to the website for anyone who wishes to read more about Emu Oil.

Thank you EDS for always carrying the best skin care products (hope you may consider selling the other Dremu products as well.)

Oh, and there is a moral to this review. When the gods speak - listen!!!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dremu Oil (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dremu Oil (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Botox works by paralyzing those muscles which cause wrinkles. This causes the surrounding muscles to overcompensate, and create new wrinkles. Botox causes wrinkles. Dremu erases them. As seen on Oprah.

roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks leeleedeedee. Wow, had to keep checking I typed enough ees Very Happy I've been sitting on the fence about this product after almost ordering once previously. Now I think I'm ready. Thanks again!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Emu's wonderful stuff for plumping and hydrating in a totally healthy way without clogging. I absolutely agree. It's been a staple of mine for years. I'm all out now and really missing it.

I think the dremu is a little overpriced and not so special as it makes out. Seems to me they've seen an opportunity here for branding what is good enough as a generic, but if you can order through EDS and that makes you do it - great! Get some!.
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I think the dremu is a little overpriced and not so special as it makes out. Seems to me they've seen an opportunity here for branding what is good enough as a generic, but if you can order through EDS and that makes you do it - great! Get some!.

Of course I love ordering through EDS Very Happy But out of curiosity, is there a comparable brand of emu oil, same quality etc., that you enjoy?
Mabsy

Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the review Leeleedeedee! I think I will add this to my next EDS order - it sounds great! I didn't realise it would be odourless. Also, I can't deny that whenever someone mentions the word "glowing" my ears perk up Smile
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review, leeleedeedee. Razz I've heard so much good things about emu oil but it's hard for me to get hold of it. So I've been eyeing this product since EDS carries it.

leeleedeedee, can you describe your skin a bit? I have combo skin and wonder it would work the same for me. Razz
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed the review as much as I enjoyed writing it. It's always fun to find an excellent product and rave about it.

Molly - I so agree that the Dremu Oil is overpriced. But, as you said, for some people like myself I'd rather order through EDS who have proven themselves to be excellent in every area including client service.

Mabsy - Yes, it's so nice to have glowing skin and I haven't had that for far too long. That's why I had to rave about this product. Glowing skin without being greasy and oily - now that's incredible!!

CK - My skin is ultra sensitive, dry and dehydrated in certain areas. So, the Emu Oil was made for skin like mine. After two days I noticed a dramatic difference in the dehydrated areas. Much more moisturized, soft and smooth.

There are other places from where you can order Emu Oil however, I don't remember them. You can try Delphi Forums because if I remember correctly there is a long thread on Emu Oil and posters have mentioned other websites from where they get their Emu Oil.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
CK - I would just like to add that my forehead and nose area are oily - the two places that never get dry. The Emu Oil is great on these areas as well. It does not make them any more oily and I did not break out. They were just nicely moisturized. As a matter of fact, the Emu Oil actually healed (in one day) a couple of small bemishes I had from using too rich of a moisturizing cream on a humid day.

Aside from that it's hard for me to say how you would react to the Emu Oil. Perhaps someone with your skin type could post.
janmills

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Another place to purchase EMU oil is from L B Processors.

Great prices and service. They also have excellent moisturizers and an awesome under eye cream. Very Happy

Janice
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks leeleedeedee! Very Happy As my skin tends to get oily and hates anything that's heavy, I only choose those products with a very light texture. But somehow at times I can feel that my skin's not moisturized enough. Confused

Anyway, I think i'll give it a go. (Simply LOVE having GLOWING SKIN!!) Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
janmills wrote:
Another place to purchase EMU oil is from L B Processors.

Great prices and service. They also have excellent moisturizers and an awesome under eye cream. Very Happy

Janice

I haven't tried their formulated products (though I keep hearing about the eye cream so I think I may relent Very Happy), but LB sell ultra emu (which I think is maybe Dremu going by the description of it) which is pure heaven! I don't like the clear triple refined emu though (same as bingo?) ...just not hydrating enough for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I get mine from here http://www.purpleemu.com/store/

$11 usd per ounce for Pure Refined Emu Oil.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Here's how I understand the different Emu Products -

L B Processors sells an Ultra Refined Emu Oil -

Dremu Oil sold by EDS is triple refined -

Bingo is another Dremu Product - a roll on Emu Oil for touch-ups - sold as 100% clear (does not say triple refined)
julliams
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm from Australia and I'm just wondering - if this product is from Australia, how come I can't buy it here? Just wondering if this is really a product made purely for the US market. We have had emu oil sold here at our local markets for as long as I can remember and it was always marketed as an arthritis remedy.

Just curious,
Juliette
Dana26
5% products discount

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
is this product suitable for oily skin? Thanks guys!
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Umm... what's the difference between "ultra refined" and "triple refined"? How does it affect the function of emu oil?? Confused
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I can indirectly answer some questions.

As far as I know (from everything I read) Emu Oil does originate in Australia (used by the aboriginals) for arthritis because of its very high anti-inflammatory properties, burns, psoriasis, and other skin afflictions. It was shown to thicken the skin and had such wonderful qualities that research was done on its benefits for skin care. I guess because of its ability to thicken the skin, deepley moisturize etc. someone decided to look into its wrinkle and anti-aging properties and mass market it for those purposes. However, people still use it for arthritis, burns and other uses other than cosmetic purposes. Why you can't get it in Australia beats me unless it was American interests looking into Emu Oil as a skin care venture that brought it out into the U.S. markets.

I don't know how Emu Oil affects oily skin. All I can say is that I use it on the oily areas of my face without any problems whatsoever.

There are different grades of Emu Oil. They are not all alike. If you go into some of the other forums you will read of people buying Emu Oil that is thick, gritty, yellowish, awful smelling; so there are differences. Some penetrate the skin faster than others. I'm not sure what the difference is between ultra refined and triple refined because I have only used the one product. (Okay, CK, I know this is not helping you.) All I can say is that you have to be careful what type you buy. They are not all alike.

I'm sure there is someone out there who knows much more than I do about Emu Oil (because I don't know all that much) and hopefully they'll give us more information and correct me if I am wrong about anything.
Mabsy

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:52 am      Reply with quote
julliams wrote:
Ok, I'm from Australia and I'm just wondering - if this product is from Australia, how come I can't buy it here? Just wondering if this is really a product made purely for the US market. We have had emu oil sold here at our local markets for as long as I can remember and it was always marketed as an arthritis remedy.

It is the pretty much the same emu oil that you can buy in Aussie supermarkets and health food stores. Dremu Oil is just a brand name that has made it available to the US markets. As long as the emu oil you see in the shops is finely refined it should be fine.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Mabsy,

Do you think this EMU is ok?

http://www.emuspirit.com/index.cfm?page=products

(Sorry but this is the same question in another thread) Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I have been interested in Emu oil for a while but have stopped from buying due to various comments from users about it increasing facial hair Shock
Now, I aint a gorilla, but I would certainly NOT want to do anything to increase the fine white "fuzz" I have now (which happily is invisible unless coated with oil)

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:
Hi, Mabsy,

I haven't used any yet but this is the one that I plan on buying Smile
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
joziegrozy wrote:
Hi, Mabsy,

I haven't used any yet but this is the one that I plan on buying Smile

Are you referring to this Oil of Emu?

http://www.emuspirit.com/index.cfm?page=productcategory&id=2

Is Emu Oil really supposed to be used both topically AND internally? Embarassed
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I thought that this could be used topically... Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
It can be used topically.

People take it internally for its anti-inflammatory properties (like for arthritis) and it supposedly has some cholesterol lowering benefits as well.

For skin care and cosmetic purposes you do not have to take it internally. Topically is enough.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy and leeleedeedee Smile

I've been so wanting to try EMU. The ALA of PSF is great but I find it a tad too oily sometimes (I have normal to dry skin), so I really want to try something that sinks in fast Smile

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |