Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Dremu Oil - A Truly Remarkable Product!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:21 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I have been interested in Emu oil for a while but have stopped from buying due to various comments from users about it increasing facial hair Shock
Now, I aint a gorilla, but I would certainly NOT want to do anything to increase the fine white "fuzz" I have now (which happily is invisible unless coated with oil)

Has anybody experienced an increase in facial hair?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Has anybody experienced an increase in facial hair?

If I examine my skin really closely I *think* the downy hair (which we all have) on my cheeks may be ever so ever so slightly more downy, but then that's supposed to be a sign of healthy skin - the CPs give you that too. I haven't suddenly sprouted a moustache or a beard if that's what you mean? Think Just a chance to use this icon really, sorry.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
can this product be used on sensitive oily skin? thx
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Dremu line about 7 years ago and it didn't do anything for me ... cleanser (whistle), eye cream (airbrush), night cream (midnight).

I did like the feel and scent of Whistle though. Both the creams were nice, very moisturizing, but didn't see any differences.

It takes a lot to irritate my skin though - wonder if this is good for sensitive skin types?
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
They will have to pry my emu oil from my hands when i croak. the stuff ROCKS! i use the dremu and though i confess that i used to gag when i first put it on my face, i am less sensitive to the yuck factor now. it goes on my face religiously at nite esp over amy red bumps..in the morning..miracle! its my main moisturiser. i get no reactions from it thought it is an oil and i am blemish prone.

also my cuz has systemic lupus and i read that it is excellent for joint pain. i got her some and she loves it! there seems to be no end to its magic. i do think to get the full benefits just use the plain oil rather than cosmetic lines that mix it up.

my holy grail would be emu that is truly odorless though or smells nice. now i stick a bit of ylang ylang under my nose to get over the gag factor!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if you can use it around eye area as serum?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have just finished my second bottle of Dremu Oil and I have absolutely no increase in facial hair.

Emu Oil is wonderful around the eyes. Very hydrating and moisturizing and not irritating to sensitive eyes (which I have.)
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this a little over a week and what a difference it has made in my dry skin! It is the only moisturizer I'm using right now, in the morning after cleansing and vitamin C.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I tried several Dremu products about 7 years ago and wasn't impressed.

However, now with all the new raves - I've just got to try again.
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
i've been using emu oil to moisturize for several months and haven't seen any change in my facial hair. i agree with everyone else who says that it's a great moisturizer for sensitive skin.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Just got back to EDS after months of being away (new job etc). Anyway, I'm originally from WA (AUSTRALIA), and visited Mt Romance in Albany, a really, really nice place that has been making sandlewood and Emu Oil products for years. Some of their Emu Oil products are TGA Approved (Therapeutics Goods Association - Aussie version of FDA, and more rigorous according to some), as you can see on the web-site - used for therapeutic relief of arthritis etc.
Also their products are way cheaper (esp if you have a favourable exchange rate), and now that I'm back in Melbourne, I order heaps of stuff from them (love their oils - sensuality and spirituality), and they are very friendly too.
If you ever get the chance to go there physically - DO! It has the most relaxing floatation bath and a gong room which is out of this world (vibrates down into your bones!! Amazing).
Go towww.mtromance.com.au , and click on international shipping.
Hope that helps!!!
Melissa
lulumylovely
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
After reading all this I would love to give this a try, I want to try the longview farms brand but now I am afraid that it will smell bad and I can't deal with that. Dremu is oderless? Does anyone know if and what this oil smells like?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
You can try ultra emu or clear emu oil from LBProcessors. It's not expensive, and the company that offers dremu brand buy their emu oil from them. I use ultra emu oil and didn't notice any smell.
HTH. Wink
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
You can try ultra emu or clear emu oil from LBProcessors. It's not expensive, and the company that offers dremu brand buy their emu oil from them. I use ultra emu oil and didn't notice any smell.
HTH. Wink

I second Jumpingball's recommendation. LB Processors makes ultra emu and as well as clear emu oil. The clear emu is like the Dremu. I've ordered both from Dianayvonne and from Skincarecentral and have never noticed a bad smell.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
lulumylovely wrote:
After reading all this I would love to give this a try, I want to try the longview farms brand but now I am afraid that it will smell bad and I can't deal with that. Dremu is oderless? Does anyone know if and what this oil smells like?

Dremu Oil is completely odorless. It's the only one I have ever tried so I can't compare it to any others.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
My Dremu oil is definitely NOT odorless... Sorry... Confused
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
My Dremu oil is definitely NOT odorless... Sorry... Confused

I don't have a great sense of smell - but that's what I thought too. I had tried Dremu brand but thought it had a distinctive smell.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Okay - then something could be off with some of the batches of Dremu Oil. I'm on my second bottle and I have to say - no odor. If there was I don't think I would be using it since I'm very sensitive to smells.

I'm perplexed. There has to be an explanation that I don't have. What does your Dremu Oil smell like. Is it subtle - offensive - just plain bad??? I would really like to know. hmm

If everyone is finding an odor then I'll have to stop saying it's odorless. Question
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Okay - then something could be off with some of the batches of Dremu Oil. I'm on my second bottle and I have to say - no odor. If there was I don't think I would be using it since I'm very sensitive to smells.

I'm perplexed. There has to be an explanation that I don't have. What does your Dremu Oil smell like. Is it subtle - offensive - just plain bad??? I would really like to know. hmm

If everyone is finding an odor then I'll have to stop saying it's odorless. Question

It just smells bad. I would never use this oil if my boyfriend was going to be around. It smells like what you would imagine oil from an animal would smell like I guess... Not sure how else to explain it... Not nice in any way.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda - I just don't know what to say because my Emu Oil doesn't come close to anything like that. I would wear it no matter who was around because when I put the oil on my face I smell absolutely nothing.

I truly am puzzled and bewildered. I even went to check my Dremu bottle and give it another whiff and I smell nothing.!!!!!

Isn't that strange. Maybe someone on this forum has an answer.

I hope no one on this forum thinks I was misleading them by saying Dremu Oil was odorless. Now I really feel bad Sad
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:47 am      Reply with quote
hmm... I'm not sure what to say either!! Can you ask someone else to smell your bottle and see if they smell anything? haha...
I guess maybe the batches are different..?!
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Maybe its just that some people are more sensitive to the smell than others - that's quite common in people. Also the more oestrogen you produce (i.e during pregnancy) you become more sensitive to smells also.

Just a thought.... Rolling Eyes

Also, for those who want to research purchasing emu oil, just got this email from the place where I buy it:

Hi Melissa,
Just to advise you that I have now reduced all "Run Out" stock on the website by 10%.
There is Natural Emu oil on the site that you or your friends maybe interested in at a very good price there is also Emu Oil Essence - a very refined Emu Oil that does not omit an odour 30ml for $26.73 - we also have stocks of Night Cream - Hand & Body Lotion and a very good lotion called Skin Repair - a deeply moisturising cream for only $15.00 you will find this under specials.

Kind regards
Helen

Hope that helps!!!
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't say mine smelled 'bad' - just 'different'.
bears
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have used other forms of emu oil for years, I have not seen any increase in facial hair. It is great for sensitive skin. I don't notice any smell with the dremoil but maybe I am just use to it.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda - I had two other people smell my bottle and they said they didn't smell anything - nothing at all hmm

Melissa49 - Dremu Oil is triple refined so you'd think that process would get rid of any odor.

I'm only hoping that other forum members who have used "Dremu Oil" can post as to whether or not they noticed a bad odor or any other odor.

Aside from that I can't think of anything else to explain this discrepancy. I know people have different sensitivities to smells. I'm highly sensitive and will actually get a headache when wearing a product that is too perfumey.

Oh well, let's hope we get other posters.

Thank you Rjez and Bears for your input Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |