Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
:: Review :: Dremu Oil - A Truly Remarkable Product!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
reignofterra
5% products discount

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I used Dremu oil about a year ago, and stopped because after a month or so, a pretty strong odor developed. I'm pretty sure that the oil was tightly capped the whole time so I don't know why the odor would've developed...
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I think emu picks up other smells. Mine stinks of onions since an incident in the fridge. I can hardly bear to use it. Sad
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I purchase some emu oil and it came in the mail today...its not the dremu , this is made in Canada and its called Kalaya Pure Emu Oil, it can be viewed atwww.kalayacreations.com
I haven't used this product as of yet, but was wondering what would happen to emu oil if it was frozen? It must have spent some time outside because when I recieved it I couldn't even pump the darn stuff out, I opened it up and seen it was a solid consistency. Hope it doesn't ruin it, but I certainly don't smell anything funky about it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
does this oil work better than jojoba oil or its the same?

5% products discount

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:07 am      Reply with quote
I received my Dremu oil yesterday and I've applied it about six times since then. I have to say that it does have an odour. It smells like lard to me and it also has the consistency of slightly melted lard! Can anyone confirm that this is how it should be? It doesn't seem to be absorbing as well as others have experienced. I'm in the UK and ordered it from a distributor here. It is in a blue bottle with a dropper but due to the thickness of the oil it's fairly ineffective so I've just been taking the oil directly from the bottle. It lists a few of the benefits on the label including that it is 100% emu oil. Does it sound like the Dremu oil you've purchased?

Tess
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tessie - the texture varies according to the temperature. In winter it might be a bit lardy. You can put it under the hot tap for a minute that turns it into a lighter oil and it's much easier to absorb that way. Also it's not like moisturiser you need to use it very sparingly. Just warm a couple of drops and pat it all over a just-washed face while it's still damp. HA helps it absorb even better as you probably know. HTH Molly Cool
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi Tessie - the texture varies according to the temperature. In winter it might be a bit lardy. You can put it under the hot tap for a minute that turns it into a lighter oil and it's much easier to absorb that way. Also it's not like moisturiser you need to use it very sparingly. Just warm a couple of drops and pat it all over a just-washed face while it's still damp. HA helps it absorb even better as you probably know. HTH Molly Cool

Molly, do you know if it's bad to put your emu oil through repeated "freeze/thaw" cycles? or is it better to store it solid or store it liquid or either? (I know that some chemicals don't like to be taken from solid to liquid phase repeatedly, but I have no idea about emu oil.)
priscilla Confused

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I imagine it's not very happy doing this Priscilla. I keep the main bottle in the fridge and put a little in a smaller pot for daily use, but I'm never sure about it keeping it a long time.
tessie
5% products discount

Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice Molly!
Tess
Priscilla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I imagine it's not very happy doing this Priscilla. I keep the main bottle in the fridge and put a little in a smaller pot for daily use, but I'm never sure about it keeping it a long time.

THANKS! I think that this may become an issue with the weather getting colder. We have a timer on our thermostat so that the heat is off when we are asleep and kicks on about 1/2 hour before we get up in the morning to save on our fuel bill. It is getting pretty frigid and I found my emu oil almost too sludgelike to pump out of the bottle this morning and so wound up putting the bottle under hot tap water for a minute. I think that I am going to transfer a small amount into a vial and store the rest in the refrigerator.

priscilla

35, combination skin, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation at the slightest blemish + stubborn blackheads on nose. Ignoramus about skincare--hence the litany of skincare woes. Here to learn, and grateful for help.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
BTW Tessie where did you get yours? I might have an emu oil crisis soon and if I can get a good one locally it would be better. I've looked online but so far I'm not impressed by the selection.
tessie
5% products discount

Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

I ordered mine from a company called Abbliss Ltd. Their website is amazingemuoil.co.uk and phone number is 0800 389 4170.

Tess
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tessie - Now I remember it's the price of the Dremu that put me right off and there doesn't seem to be any unbranded triple refined stuff.
tessie
5% products discount

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Molly,

£35 does seem really expensive. If I find anything cheaper I'll let you know.
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
After seeing this thread, I went back to my local health food store and purchased the Emu Gold extra strength which I had previously bypassed.

In addition to making the sight of my face in the mirror a more pleasant experience, rubbing it into my knee eliminated pain which was preventing me from sleeping.

I was a little squeamish upon opening the bottle, fearing the dreaded SCENT, but could not detect any.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone broken out or gotten irritated from Emu?
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth, Nothing like that for me, not even a hint. The only oil which has caused me to break out is rosehips, the one recommended for use on blemished skin Very Happy .
rickyhpierre
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
My skin which is usually quite normal, has been feeling dry and tight since moving from Scotland to Colorado. I hope that emu oil will help. I have just ordered from LB (recommended by GuapaGirl) I think that it is certainly worth trying.
Ricky
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Molly - I'm in the UK and haven't yet found an unbranded triple refined emu oilavailable here - I'm currently getting the Ultra Emu by LB Processors fromwww.skincarecentral.biz - she does a discount on checkout, 1oz is $25.95 and you get a discount of $5.19, I also ordered a cleanser and another sample and shipping to the UK came to $6.95 so not too bad at all.

I've found this better than the clear as it absorbs better, it is slightly cloudy but is ultra refined (see http://lbemuoil.com/ultraemuoil(1).htm ) it is odourless too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I want to buy the Emu oil for my mother. Her skin is prone to congestion, but it is also showing aging sign with fine lines and dry patches. Does anyone think it will work for her? Thanks.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Emu Oil, finally I found this thread! well based on those reviews it is now on my next EDS order list, jsut not too sure about the odor picking point.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies and maybe even gents,

I just received my Dremu oil from EDS in the mail--just wondering if my experience is similar to yours. It came about 3/4 full, not all the way full? And it is a lardy-substance, even after having run the bottle under the tap for about a minute, and despite the fact that I have the heaters on and it's about 45 degrees here all day long? I decided to let it sit in the cupboard all day to see if it was going to change in texture, but it did not. I've used other emu oils and I was under the impression that this was supposed to be the best cosmetic grade. Please advise, thanks!

Best,
avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Avalange

I think you should return the bottle - something's wrong. Dremu Oil should be filled to the top - not three quarters' and it is not a lardy substance. It's a milky coloured liquid that spreads easily on the face and is quickly absorbed.

Hope this helps you.
Beachcrone

Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, i just found this forum. I have to say that i love the Dremu products. Like the first poster i was a bit 'yuk' at first - i like plant extracts - , but i have really dry skin and even the richest oils and creams applied at night would have me up in the morning with that dry, stretched feeling. I'm in Australia and we can get emu oil usually sold as a sports rub for sore muscles but i guess it's because the Dremu is so refined that it's much nicer to use. The face paste can get kind of gritty but as they say you can melt it in the micorwave, then put it in the fridge. I think you can put some essential oil in it if you want a nice smell, but i get my nice smells from the other products.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
It's a milky coloured liquid that spreads easily on the face and is quickly absorbed.

Actually my Dremu arrived lardy too though after a week at room temperature it's now looking more milky than before. I think as it's a natural fat the consistency varies according to the temperature. I imagine the quality is also difficult to control absolutely. Bit like buying natural silk or similar you're going to have small variations.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |