Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

frustration about order
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I received my EDS order today and one of my items was missing. I called customer serivce immediately, and the were very nice, but they have to contact the shipping department and will get back with my by the end of next week. That seems like forever away.

I have never had any issues with my other orders so I know this isn't typical. It is just I was really looking forward to trying the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, and I hate waiting! Smile

Thanks for letting me vent.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Just one more thing to look forward to, try to look at it that way! Smile
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I know how disappointing that can be. When Nars new Orgasm lip gloss came out I rushed to order it from Sephora. When I got the package the stem to the lip gloss cap was not attached. It had either broken off into the gloss or wasn't attached in the first place. I called Sephora after sulking for a few minutes and they sent me a new one right away. They said to just keep the damaged one so I could still use it with the cap to the new one after it was used up.

Another time I ordered from Sephora basically because they were offering one of those great free deluxe sample goody bags. When I got the package the sales receipt was checkmarked that they had sent the bag but it wasn't in there. I called them and they apologized but said they didn't have any now because it was only "while supplies lasted" and they had run out that very day. I guess she could tell by my voice how disappointed I was, so the gal in CS quickly remembered she had friends in other Sephora shipping locations and would call them and see if she could round up one. About 3 days later I received not one but two of the goody bags + extra regular samples from different Sephora shipping locations with notes of apology. Now that was some good CS!

I've never had reason to contact them about any oversights as everything was always perfect in regards to my orders, but I'm betting EDS will make it right for you too!
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was missing one HA serum too (and I live so far away!)

They just asked me for the weight of my package then they immediately sent my missing HA serum!

I am waiting like you! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
At least they are willing to fix orders! I have ordered from places (not cosmetics or skin care) where they claimed I was making it up (that I didn't receive an item).

Sigh.

I always admire businesses willing to make the customer happy.

I ordered a Pop Beauty eye shadow and it came broken from shipping...I popped that sucker back in the mail, and quickly it was replaced, wrapped extra carefully, with more samples!

Yay sephora!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy, wonder why they didn't ask for the weight of my package? Was it EDS that did that? They just said they needed to check with the person who packaged the order only after asking if I was sure it wasn't in the box. I kind of felt like they didn't believe me, but I know it is probably procedure.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I agree that good CS can totally make you feel good about using a certain company. Recently I ordered a bunch of shampoos from drugstore.com. One of them got a broken cap in transit and it was sticky and messy by the time it got to me. I called drugstore.com and they told me to keep the one with the broken cap, and they sent a replacement to me that very day.

On a similar note, recently I placed an EDS order RIGHT before they announced the 20% discount. I contacted CS late at night, and they responded right away and adjusted my order to reflect the 20%. Now THAT'S service--- one of the many reasons I'll keep coming back to EDS.

As for the Green Apple Peel, it's definitely worth the wait, dede! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Yes, CS to me means everything! And IMO EDS is exceptional!!

A couple of years ago I ordered a case of gourmet salsa from the States. When it arrived, one jar was broken & most of the case was covered in a moldy mess. I was able to clean up & save the other 11 jars. I contacted the company by email & told them what had happened to the 1 jar. I never got a reply back & was starting to get annoyed, when unexpectedly an entire case arrived (by airmail) at NO CHARGE! Now that's great CS! I was so impressed, I even sent them a Xmas card that year!
Poppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Dede, i hope your missing item will turn up soon.

I buy from EDS even though there are other online stores with similar products, mainly because of the CS and generous promotions.

Being in Asia, the time difference is sometimes annoying, cause it means I can't just pick up the phone whenever there's some hiccups to smooth over.

IMHO, EDS has one of the best customer response and shipping time I have encountered.

Laughing
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I ordered JB peel too on June 30th, and am still waiting for it. I recived a email from EDS on July 7th, stating that JB Peel got backordered and it would take another 3-4 days before shipping it to me. I guess that might be the case for you too.
dede
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
hopemelody, thanks for the info. I had a couple of other items in my order that were backordered that I'm waiting on, but the JB peel was marked as shipped. Oh well, I'll have another surprise to wait for. Very Happy
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a Caudalie Beauty Elixir from EDS, and when the small size was back ordered, they sent me a Lareg size "tester". However, it had leaked in transit and the bottle was only about 2/3-full. I let CS know and they said, well you still received more than the small size you ordered.

Now I love EDS....and have continued to order from them -- BUT I must admit I was taken aback by this response. The rep just was cold and didn't even say she was sorry that this had happened.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Maybe EDS's popularity has grown so great lately (and I'm guessing alot of it has to do with the forum) that they are worked off their feet... ??? Not that that should excuse rudeness, but might be the cause of it...

I've bought stuff from EDS 8 times in the last 2 years and never had a back order or any problem with leaking products or anything.

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
tamifaye
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I picked up my 2nd order last night. I am happy I received everything, but I was so very disappointed because there weren't any samples. Not that I need anyone to give me anything for free in life. But from the 5 or 6 samples in my first order, I ordered items from two of the product lines. I definitely would not have looked at Pevonia if I had not received the samples.

I don't expect freebies, but the fact that EDS provides them is such a special gift. I felt like my favorite grandmother forget to send me a birthday card. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yea!!! I recevied by JB peel and my 2 products that were backordered.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've always been quite satisfied with customer service at EDS.

One time I had a problem with a charge on my credit card so I emailed and it was fixed the next morning. Not only did I get an email but they called and left a message letting me know that it was corrected.

I notice the number of samples vary. Sometimes I get two, sometimes I get 5 or 6...Depends who packages it I suppose.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello
So I broke down and placed an order with EDS. Can anyone tell me, do I receive a tracking number so I know when my order is to be expected? Or does anyone know avg number of days for me to receive order...I did receive an e-mail confirmation that my order would be going out in 12-24 hours, but that was my last e-mail...any help would be great
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
You receive a tracking number. However, I think the average shipping time must vary on where you are (and possibly, how busy they are). It also depends on the postal service. Lots of people get their orders very quickly, although when I ordered, mine got stuck in transit for quite some time.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I am guessing since I received a confirmation that my order would go out in 24-48 last Wednesday and have not received any other e-mail, it has not gone yet. Do they have a CS # I can call? I did not see contact us information on this site,
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
sign in to your account & check the status of your order. In "view my orders" it'll give you details, date prepared, shipped etc. There is a contact no. on the home page as well as live help (during business hours). EDS only sends that one e-mail, they send another only if there is a problem with payment of if they are backordered.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
very nice marina, thank you for letting me know. Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:22 am      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Thank you. I am guessing since I received a confirmation that my order would go out in 24-48 last Wednesday and have not received any other e-mail, it has not gone yet. Do they have a CS # I can call? I did not see contact us information on this site,

bergquis - You will find all the contact details on the main EDS site. The EDS forum doesn't have any contact details for sales and customer service as it's not really meant to address those issues and all service and order related issues are meant to go directly to EDS (hence, by forum rules this topic shouldn't really be here in the first place I guess.... Ooops!).

But, as was mentioned, you should also be able to find the current status when you log in to your account on EDS (as opposed to the EDS Forum). HTH Smile
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you all. I got my answers and it was really easy. Have not ordered much through this site, but so far I like how easy it is.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |