Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skin desperately needs help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SBee

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone-

This is my first post - but i have been a long time reader. I had a little spare time this evening and looked in the mirror. Wow things are changing - and I am not liking the direction I am headed.
Can I please get any recommendations for products - I will try anything if you have had good results.
Here is my skin type: 40 yrs old, fair skin with some freckles
I have been religiously been wearing sun block for the past ten yers, but still have some sun damage. I have been using on and off for the past 8 years:
SkinCeuticals C&E and recently Ferulic Acid
BioElements QuicK refiner (AHA)
Kinerase cream
I like some of this but am open to any other ideas. I have a good diet/vitamins and healthy lifestyle. My skin looks so rough and dry and lifeless lately. I am not expecting miracles, but something else that will at least slow things down a bit would be nice. I am not comfortable with injectables, so looking for other solutions.
Thanks for any advice-

Shawna
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well SBee, you've answered your own dilemma.
You're using too many drying products! No wonder your skin is not doing well. Keep the sunblock for day, but use only 1 of the other 3 products for night time use. Better still, lay off the other 3 products for a while until your skin goes back to its normal self. Hope this helps you.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
What about Organic Rose Hip oil at night? My mum and I both use that and love it. It really nourishes the skin. It also helps with sun damage. It is also inexpensive.
SBee

Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replys - let me give better details. i only use the Bioelements (AHA) infrequently and less so in the summer. The Skinceuticals goes on before the sun block for day and at night i go with the Kinerase Cream.
But I would love to hear from anyone who has a better regiment with results they are happy with.
Thanks!~
Shawna
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
You might like the Remergent line, SBee. My skin sounds similar to yours - apart from the fact that it's no longer dull and dry, and I'm the same age as you. Here's some info from this forum, if you're interested: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=12373&highlight=remergent

The DNA Repair Serum does something good to my skin - not sure exactly how, but it looks lovely, clear and bright. The Clarifying Concentrate is for getting rid of any sunspots, if you have any.

If you have flakey skin, you might like to try exfoliating. I swear by Epidermx for at-home microdermabrasion sessions once or twice weekly. There are plenty of other exfoliators out there, too.

Vitamin C Serum is good for protecting the skin and helping to fade pigmentation marks and blemishes.

Applying an oil before your moisturiser can help it to moisturise more effectively and give a glow back to dry skin. Some useful ones are Emu Oil, Camellia Oil and Squalene. There are others you could use, too.
glitteron123

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
i would try detente. you can order a sample from their site: detentednt. It has worked for loads of people with similar problems, my mother being one of them.
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Adding various masks 2-3 times a week helps keep my skin bright. So many nice ones, for not a lot of money. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, Zia Papaya Enzyme Mask, philosophy microdelivery kit, PSF Pumpkin Mask, and many others.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried a retinol or a prescription retinoid? I'd also try a sample of the copper peptides, but start slowly.
fuzzy
5% products discount

Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
here are some suggestions....first clean night time take all make up off exfolate with complexcion brush or gentel scrub....then apply serum of your choice for DRY SKIN then a good cream for dry skin also eye cream/serum first...morning rinse face with clear warm water.....no soap for dry skin then am serum for dry skin and cream for dry skin then sun block 30 or above. you have to experiment with many brands to find one that works for you give each one at least two weeks to see what it is doing there are many good lines but over the counter is not as good as the skin care lines on the internet, home shoping channels etc. seems like these are better. took me awhile to find one that worked for me and the best results were not from over the counter md formulation, elizebth grant, philosophy are a few. don't waste you time or money on lamer, or avon or mary kay just names, no good products no matter what adds say. hope this helps
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shawna!

I also have severely dry skin and found amazing results with the Ice Elements line.

One of the items that I have been using, their blueberry mask, has actually removed my freckles! I was pretty amazed as I was used to having them hanging around and then I thought I noticed that they were fading... and before I knew it they were gone!

I attribute it to the blueberry mask as it has brightening qualities... and the other products that I was using from the line at the time, would not have done that.

Other than the blueberry mask, I would recomment their anti-aging serum, as that would probably have the biggest impact on your skin, as far as helping it to hold onto the hydration that you have while helping to reverse any sun damage and signs of aging...

You could add both of those products in to your routine without a problem.

The only thing that you would need to do is to ensure that if you are using any AHAs that you use the blueberry mask opposite that... like in the morning if you use the AHAs in the evening because of the fruit acids and sugars.

both of these products together should help you with the dryness and roughness of your skin... Of course, I went all in and picked up the normal to dry cleanser and moisture lotion in addition to the products that I mentioned to you, but certainly if you have a cleanser and moisture lotion that you prefer, you could add the other 2 products to them to get some decent results.

Take care.

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |