Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review::Valmont L Elixir Des Glaciers Eye Regerating Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
marina EDS has the "eye" cream listed for $190 USD and the "face" cream listed for $390 USD. I was talking about the eye cream and I believe that is the one bushy reviewed.

This is what I am looking at for the prices>
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/valmont-intensive-care-treatments.htm

HTH
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. Bit of a diffrence in Cdn considering with the exchange it should be about 210 cdn not $325.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm.. something is wrong with that exchange function me thinks. CA$325 for eye and CA$650 for the face cream... based on that, the eye cream should be closer to US$290 and Face US$579.

Theresa, what is the name you are looking at for those prices.. is it the first two on the page? "L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS"

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim yes it is the first two the L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS products.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:57 am      Reply with quote
You've got to admit that there's a big contradiction here between this
Quote:
To ensure optimal purity and efficacy, Elixir des Glaciers is made exclusively to order. Produced in limited quantity, every individually numbered jar of Elixir des Glaciers contains a product of utmost freshness.

and this......
Quote:
C12-20 ACID PEG-8 ESTER, OCTYLDODECAOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE......5 different parabens

I'm glad you posted the ingredients Theresa - was beginning to wonder. That's put my mind at rest Laughing

BTW if you got someone to read to you the review on Dremu and Bushy's review on the eyecream without using the brandnames. You'd be hard pressed to find a difference in use or efficacy.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
You may be right Molly, but I know which one I would definitely prefer to use around my eyes!!
Besides, coming from oz, I know what the poor birds look like before they wring the oil out of them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
You may be right Molly, but I know which one I would definitely prefer to use around my eyes!!
Besides, coming from oz, I know what the poor birds look like before they wring the oil out of them.

Um, yes, I could not use Emu oil just because of the "eeeww" factor. Oh well, and the feeling sorry factor too, but I guess the ones they kill for meat are the ones they get the oil from?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
bushy, tiger_tim; I totally agree about the emu oil. The "eeeww" factor is way too high for me. It seems that the stuff would be perfect for my skin but I just couldn't bring myself to put it on my face. I may not be happy about the ingredients of the Valmont Eye Cream but I will at least put that on my face!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I guess I've had to consume so many strange animal organs here, both internal and external (don't ask); hot, cold and pickled that a little bit of animal fat is a breeze for me. In fact I might try some emu on toast.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I feel incredibly dim - I had no idea Emu oil came from real emus Embarassed .
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
but Fifi they are killed for their meat before the oil's extracted so unless you're a vegetarian I wouldn't be so alarmed. Smile
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I guess I've had to consume so many strange animal organs here, both internal and external (don't ask); hot, cold and pickled that a little bit of animal fat is a breeze for me. In fact I might try some emu on toast.

reading this as i'm drinking my morning coffee think you've just scratched toast with jam preserves for my breakfast Wink
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a vegetarian,and am actually really bad at being "good" with what skincare I use - I never read the labels for ingredients Embarassed . If it feels nice, I'll give it a go! Some of the posts I read here make me feel a bit ashamed though.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
fifi wrote:
I'm not a vegetarian,and am actually really bad at being "good" with what skincare I use - I never read the labels for ingredients Embarassed . If it feels nice, I'll give it a go! Some of the posts I read here make me feel a bit ashamed though.

I wouldn't worry too much fifi. I have a quick look at the ingredients only out of curiosity to see what it is that makes the product so good. Most ingredients I don't understand and don't bother to find out unless I have a reaction to the product. I figure that if the product I am using has been around for quite a while and is still being reverred in many places then it can't be too harmful.
At my age, I need a lots of help and if little bits of chemical stuff make my skin look and feel better then so be it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Goodness me. Where are you from Molly?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Molly, after some of the stuff we were served when we traipsed around China, nothing would surprize me. Our cruise was 95% chinese nationals, so we got the "whole hog" food wise. The worst was that blackend fat that was served up as a stand-alone dish. OMG OMG OMG.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Bushy, I need all the help I can get to try to sort out the damage I've done to my skin living in hot,sunny places Sad . I've been in the UK (not usually hot or sunny, although right now we're having a heatwave!) for almost 2 years now, and am not even close to sorting out my pigmentation and broken capillaries.
I am a bit squeamish about eating weird bits of animals though - I guess I like my food to be unrecognisable Very Happy . Does anyone remember that Japanese TV show from years back where they made people eat bugs and stuff? Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Don't start me on bugs Fifi. They're some of my favourite dishes. Well after all those entrails who'd blame me.

There's only one thing I won't eat and that's mince. You don't know where it's from.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm from Scotland originally, we grew up on mince there! And don't forget haggis - all of the gross bits of an animal made delicious Laughing .
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Yuk, I couldn't face haggis. I like to see what I'm eating in all it's grossness. Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm just the opposite - much prefer my food to bear no resemblance to it's original state Very Happy . Just remembered what that Japanese game show programme was called - "Endurance"! Clive Anderson used to show clips from it on his shows (going back a few years now), and it was hysterical.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Mince? And that is..... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
What we call mince in the UK is usually what you'd call ground beef in the States. Although where I come from we'll mince just about anything Wink .

Should I have said Clive James in my last post? It really has been a while.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I just call that hamburger and I usually know where it comes from - good ol' Alberta grade A beef! Laughing Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I remember that, Fifi! I think it was Clive James - the Aussie chappy, yep?

Personally, I avoid any meat that has a bone in it - too much of a remind as to where it originated. For the first few years of cooking, I used to burst into tears when I had to handle raw meat. Rolling Eyes Shock
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |